Buying Aulani

Saw your update on the $120pp subsidized Aulani contract -- congrats!!!

I was hoping for $110pp, and almost convinced my wife to purchase at $120pp given the fully loaded 500 points this year, but she vetoed at the last minute. So I'm continuing my patient hunt for a subsidized contract closer to my price target. :(
Can you sell the 2023 points for $19pp and get your effective rate down to $101pp?

I'm continuing my patient hunt for a subsidized contract closer to my price target.

Don’t give up hope in finding a unicorn even in unlikely places. Last year we added a couple subsidized contracts at $109pp and $119pp which both were listed on www.dvcresalemarket.com (highly recommend Andy Berry 😅). I will say that $120pp for a loaded contract is not bad compared to some of the trash listings that show up for $130pp+ 🙄

Looks like another one is gone today… someone on here?
It was me, I tried for $118 LOL after seeing your post, but he came back at $120 and then they raised the price to $135 on the website as the owner felt he listed it too low with the amount of activity. Have not posted yet as this was late yesterday afternoon and I have not been notified if it has gone to ROFR yet. There was another offer in on the same contract I bid on, but at $115, agent said owner would not accept that.

I've never sold points before (I'm a relative newbie to the DVC world - having bought my one and only contract a year ago). How's the DVC rental market these days for AUL?
If you do not want to rent yourself, use of the rental broker sites, I believe you can get a minimum of $16/point, up to $18 for home resort booking priority.

It was me, I tried for $118 LOL after seeing your post, but he came back at $120 and then they raised the price to $135 on the website as the owner felt he listed it too low with the amount of activity. Have not posted yet as this was late yesterday afternoon and I have not been notified if it has gone to ROFR yet. There was another offer in on the same contract I bid on, but at $115, agent said owner would not accept that.
Congratulations, neighbor!

I don’t know if I just got a weird agent but I offered on one and the agent said seller wouldn’t go lower than 125, this was early yesterday morning. Then he said seller might do 120, after I pointed out I knew the first one sold at 120. And now the price is 135! Lol idk.

I don’t know if I just got a weird agent but I offered on one and the agent said seller wouldn’t go lower than 125, this was early yesterday morning. Then he said seller might do 120, after I pointed out I knew the first one sold at 120. And now the price is 135! Lol idk.
I got Kerri MacPherson and she has been very professional to work with.

I am working with Scott Kauffman.

Seller did a price drop on the two contracts left. $120 per point for the one that is not fully loaded and $130 for the other.

Seller did a price drop on the two contracts left. $120 per point for the one that is not fully loaded and $130 for the other.
The seller of mine was owned by an entity … so I wonder if this a TTEE who is not very familiar with DVC and selling as part of an estate.

Strange to have multiple price adjustments in such a short period of time….

The seller of mine was owned by an entity … so I wonder if this a TTEE who is not very familiar with DVC and selling as part of an estate.

Strange to have multiple price adjustments in such a short period of time….
The seller is a LLLP. In my conversations with the broker, it seems the seller felt he priced it too low, because your offer came in so quickly and then I did one right after. As the broker said "it is only worth what someone is willing to pay". Maybe no activity after the price raised made him rethink his numbers.

Last edited:
The seller is a LLLP. In my conversations with the broker, it seems the seller felt he priced it too low, because your offer came in so quickly and then I did one the right after. As the broker said "it is only worth what someone is willing to pay". Maybe no activity after the price raised made him rethink his numbers.
Interesting… as I think it had been on the market for a couple of days before it came on my radar.

I’ve seen other contracts go within an hour of listing.

Every buyer/seller is somewhat unique.

Ok phew I can finally talk about this.

So I made an offer on one of the AULs just after AstroBlasters had his accepted and was told the seller would only take $125. Then, lorie13 made her offer which was also accepted at $120. Then the seller raised the price to $135. I made an offer at $120 and what I am told is: my agent called the seller who said that I was "too late", that I should have offered $120 earlier (um okay), my agent said "come on now, be reasonable" and the seller grumbled, and then accepted. I don't know if any of that is really true but I don't really care too much either, as it's off to ROFR now. I can't complain with the fully loaded/double loaded contract.

Ok phew I can finally talk about this.

So I made an offer on one of the AULs just after AstroBlasters had his accepted and was told the seller would only take $125. Then, lorie13 made her offer which was also accepted at $120. Then the seller raised the price to $135. I made an offer at $120 and what I am told is: my agent called the seller who said that I was "too late", that I should have offered $120 earlier (um okay), my agent said "come on now, be reasonable" and the seller grumbled, and then accepted. I don't know if any of that is really true but I don't really care too much either, as it's off to ROFR now. I can't complain with the fully loaded/double loaded contract.
Congratulations, I am glad the broker went to bat for you. :D

facebook twitter