Buying Aulani

Hmm. I do like CCV and we don’t own there yet 🤔🤔
If thats the case then that's what I'd go with. Longer contract length and desirable home resort priority especially for the holidays with a better location. As much as I like SSR, everyone knows you don't need to own there to stay there.

Buying more SSR points to use at AUL. Hubs actually likes SSR for how spread out it is. So more points there won’t hurt.
I can see the case for getting SAP’s if you are going in the lower demand season, but I’d try and negotiate hard to pickup some unsubsidized points at a low price to not chance getting locked out of where you want to stay.

But again…. completely understand the case for SAP at a resort that you already own and enjoy. So it’s not like your stuck with points you won’t use…

If you’re patient and aggressive you should be able to pick up unsubsidized for $90pp before going down the SAP path….

I just closed on a contract for $90 pp for 150 points. It wasn't subsidized. I hope that was a fair price. I offered $26pp less than what they were asking. Regardless, we booked our first trip for two weeks this coming October. We are excited. The airfare from the East Coast was not as exciting, lol.

So… they are all gone… I’ll bet the remaining AUL Sub sellers are glad those are off the market…. Probably the unsubsidized sellers too…..
The only person whos probably not happy they’re off the market is the seller since he realized afterwards he ripped himself off..

I agree seller priced fairly, and also, has had the benefit of selling at essentially the price they paid back in 2010 while being able to use points for 13-14 years.
Yeahhh I mean we say that on here, but I think we all know the seller regrets pricing them for that much anyways given how they responded after the first couple went quickly.

facebook twitter