Buses WDW Marathon Weekened 17

I noticed that it said transportation is available for the 5k from 7-9 am (after the 5k.) So if you start in the first corral, and expect to take less than half an hour on the 5k, you will be waiting for at least half an hour before you can get on a bus back to your resort?

I noticed that it said transportation is available for the 5k from 7-9 am (after the 5k.) So if you start in the first corral, and expect to take less than half an hour on the 5k, you will be waiting for at least half an hour before you can get on a bus back to your resort?
Yep. Some people will be done before all corrals go off and the race goes through where the buses pick up, so all corrals have to start before buses can pick up as far as I know.

Yes, that is correct. Corral A starts at 6am for the 5k. Corral F is estimated to start at ~6:50am. After all of the runners from Corral F clear the exit road from the parking lot, then the runners who have finished the 5k can start loading the buses back to the resort. Give or take some time it is around 7am. I have done it on multiple occasions.

It's an important thing to consider for the other races as well. Dependent on the speed of a runner, they may finish before family taking a 7am bus from the resort would be able to get to EPCOT to see them finish. ETA- I was referring to the Half marathon here but never specifically stated it.

Yep. Some people will be done before all corrals go off and the race goes through where the buses pick up, so all corrals have to start before buses can pick up as far as I know.

Are there any restrictions on cars being able to leave the parking lot before 7:00? I'm not familiar with the 10k course. That could be a longer wait than I prefer for the 10k so I might have to drive that one.

Yes, that is correct. Corral A starts at 6am for the 5k. Corral F is estimated to start at ~6:50am. After all of the runners from Corral F clear the exit road from the parking lot, then the runners who have finished the 5k can start loading the buses back to the resort. Give or take some time it is around 7am. I have done it on multiple occasions.

It's an important thing to consider for the other races as well. Dependent on the speed of a runner, they may finish before family taking a 7am bus from the resort would be able to get to EPCOT to see them finish. ETA- I was referring to the Half marathon here but never specifically stated it.

Thanks! Since bibs haven't come out yet, I'm not sure which corral I will be in but from previous years times I am thinking around D or E for the marathon, which should be A or B for the 5k? My husband will be waiting for me back at our hotel--and since I wasn't planning to stop for photos or anything I was just going to treat the 5k like an easy "shake out run"---probably around a 27-28 min. finish.
If I'm going to have to wait around anyway maybe I will take it even easier and possibly stop for pics.
Thanks again! :)

Come to think of it, I seem to remember doing the 10k at Princess last February and noticed that some of the top runners who started in A corral finished before the final 2 corrals were even started? So I guess those runners had to wait around for their bus back too?

**Edited to add: By "noticed" I mean by looking at race results and reading other people's race reports--I certainly wasn't one of those top runners finishing and "noticing" that the last corrals hadn't left yet! Lol!

Are there any restrictions on cars being able to leave the parking lot before 7:00? I'm not familiar with the 10k course. That could be a longer wait than I prefer for the 10k so I might have to drive that one.
I have no idea about cars hopefully someone else can chime in. @Keels may know as she drives.

You should be OK. The parking lot exit where you leave from crosses the race course like RIGHT at the start line, so it should be cleared out by 6:15.

I started in E for the 5K/10K of Dopey this year and there were already people waiting at the bus loading area when we started the 5K, so they obviously clear that part of the course ASAP to get outflow going.

I have never driven to any of the races. But to my memory, I have never had to wait after finishing the 10K (the 5k yes, but not the 10k). I finished in 44 minutes from corral A last year and got on the bus right after finishing. At most we waited around 10-15 minutes on the bus, but that was mostly so the bus could have a few more runners on it then the 5 or so of us. I believe the timing of 7am listed in the program is specifically related to the buses leaving the resorts and going to the start/finish, not technically when they leave from the finish line.

I'm not sure which corral I will be in but from previous years times I am thinking around D or E for the marathon, which should be A or B for the 5k?

If you are running the Dopey (marathon and 5k included within), then if you're predicting corral D/E for the marathon you have a VERY high probability you are in corral A for the 5k/10k. However, if you individually signed up for the 5k and marathon, then your corral placement in both is not related to each other. But in all likelihood if you put down a 27ish minute 5k, I'd believe you're likely in corral A or B (but I don't know the 5k corrals timing specifically for individual sign-ups).

If you are running the Dopey (marathon and 5k included within), then if you're predicting corral D/E for the marathon you have a VERY high probability you are in corral A for the 5k/10k. However, if you individually signed up for the 5k and marathon, then your corral placement in both is not related to each other. But in all likelihood if you put down a 27ish minute 5k, I'd believe you're likely in corral A or B (but I don't know the 5k corrals timing specifically for individual sign-ups).
Thanks, yes I am doing Dopey :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter