Busch Gardens

Here is some friendly advice from me who just went there. Do not go on the weekend. Plan your trip to BG on a Tuesday or Wedsnday, because we went on Saturday and there was a 1hr and 90 minute wait for rides like the Congo River ride. Next time I go, it will not be on a weekend. I went on the Safari tour. I did the one for 30 minutes and fed the Giraffes for 45.00. 30 minutes was long enough for me because out there on the Safari it is 10-20 degrees hotter than in the park. Make sure you wear a hat also. I didn't. It was real HOT! The Animals were well worth the trip. Have a great time!! Wish I was going!! :flower:

Just to say we love BG have gone every year that we have been to WDW.Officially I think the distance is @75 miles.Up until Kracken,the Montu & Kumba were the best coasters that we had been on! They have at least 3 rides that you will get soaked on & I don't just mean wet! They have lockers near the rides so we normally change then do them one after the other!
As someone mentioned it's not Disney but the prices tend to be slightly less.It's worth bearing in mind that it is a big park so put your walking shoes on.Also if you have a Flex pass you can get free transport (I think it leaves from Seaworld's car park) to & from BG
Hope this helps SD :rolleyes1

Danauk said:
The adventure thrills tour can be booked on the Busch Gardens website (that is where I booked it from.) It is a 4-5 hour tour which includes lunch. You get guided around the park and told info about the rides. Then you get front of the line access to all the major coasters, rhino ralley and prefered seating at the shows. Plus you can get a discount at the shops.
Here is a link to the page on their website with the info on http://www.4adventure.com/buschgardens/fla/sp_adventure_thrill.aspx
I hope this helps.

Thanks.
My intention is that we will be going on a week day in late April next year, using the free shuttle from I-Drive. Do you think crowd levels at this time of year will make it worthwhile paying the extra for this tour, bearing in mind that it is imperative to me that I get on all the major rides? Or will queues be short enough to allow me to do all the rides anyway?
Sorry to keep asking tedious questions.
Cheers, Carl.

I'm not sure about the crowd levels as I have never been before. But if you are taking the free shuttle from I-Drive I'm not sure you will arrive at the park in time for the tour (we have to be there for 10:15). We are renting a car for a few days when we are there so we can drive to make sure we get there in time.

Busche Gardens runs a shuttle from Orlando to Tampa just for people who want to visit this park. It costs $10/person, and it's FREE to anyone who has a flex-ticket. You have to call for shuttle reservations; they'll even pick you up at your hotel.

Upside: You'll arrive well-rested, and you don't have to pay $8 to park.
Downside: You must adhere to their schedule.

MrsPete said:
Busche Gardens runs a shuttle from Orlando to Tampa just for people who want to visit this park. It costs $10/person, and it's FREE to anyone who has a flex-ticket. You have to call for shuttle reservations; they'll even pick you up at your hotel.

Upside: You'll arrive well-rested, and you don't have to pay $8 to park.
Downside: You must adhere to their schedule.

I already have my flexticket, and was planning to use this shuttle, but had hoped that the earliest one would get me to the park by 10AM. Judging by people's reactions, I'm guessing this might not be the case.

Carl.

Does anybody know the schedule to that shuttle or the place where I could find it?

Thanks

I absolutly love Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, and while its not Disney its definitly a destination park. If you like roller coasters there isn't really a bad one in the bunch, Scorpion is a lot of fun, Kumba and Montu are wonderful. My husband LOVES Kumba and he has ridden over 400 roller coasters! I wouldn't ride Gwazi unless you really love wooden coasters and can handle being beaten up a bit. Tiger is the better side.

Besides the coasters the animals are very interesting, I really liked the hippo pool where you walk below ground are and able to see below water. I think that is near Crown Colony. The Wild Wings show is absolutly wonderful (if you like birds). I also recommend the Sky ride, and Rhino Rally. You can get a "fast pass-like" ticket (they call it a Quick Queue) for Rhino Rally there is usually an employee handing out return time tickets for free. Then there is no line or very little line to speak of.

SheiKra is insane, Jeff my husband loved it of course (coaster nut that he is). But you cannot be afraid of heights. All there is a VERY VERY VERY good BBQ restarant next to SheiKra called the Zambia Smokehouse, I am from Kansas City and ate there twice in the two days we visited the park. really very good.

Of course you have to visit the hospitality house, free beer is still served there. :)

What I would recommend is treating Busch like you would treat Animal Kingdom. Spend a lot of time, don't rush and enjoy yourself.

Personal opinion compared to Disney Parks, Busch is very much like Animal Kingdom, but Busch in my mind is still tons better.

Jennifer

Can anyone tell me what the shows at Busch Gardens are like? I've heard that Ka Tonga is excellent?

Thanks

I have a couple of questions about Busch Gardens. One of my teens loves roller coasters the rest of us don't we prefer other rides so are there other rides for non coaster riders?. Also to see the serengeti animals you have to buy another ticket?

:cheer2:

I went in 2001.

It's just over an hour to get there, but it's deffinately worth it.

The water rides are amazing!

If you buy the 5 park Flexi ticket, you get free transportation too.

Krystal

:cheer2:

We have annual passes to WDW, Sea World and Busch Gardens. We really like Busch Gardens. The rollercoasters are awesome. The only one I don't like is Gwanzi (?spelling). It's a wooden rollercoaster and it's very bumpy. I get a headache everytime. The metal rollercoasters are much smoother. We also enjoy watching the animals. Be sure when you go there that you don't try to measure everything to Disney's standards. The park doesn't meet up to all of Disney standards, but it does have the thrill rides that Disney is lacking.

in BG this past June

We loved it. kids roller coasters freaks!! They loved them all.. We went on a Monday and got on 4 roller coasters with only 5 minute wait.

Park is in a absolutely horrible location....was amazed we even found it.But once inside, found the park very charming. The counter service food had terrific choices. In fact much, much better than any Disney park.

wish Disney would take heed and follow suit

Ka Tonga is ok, children will probably love it. Basically its a professionally done (with changed massive sets) and centers around the retelling of 4 african tales. Its very colorful and easy to follow. I think its on par with most live Disney shows, and I would definitly go if you have the time. However, it wouldn't be first on my list to do.

Jennifer

minijeanie said:
Park is in a absolutely horrible location....

It used to be tricky to get to BGT before Interstate 275. The "horrible" grew up around the park in the last 45 years much like what happened to Disneyland. Maybe thats why it was the only major Florida park to experience a decline last year with only 4.1 million guests compared to MK's 15.2 million. But the drop could be from last year's Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne that caused the park to close for 3 days and 2 of those were over Labor Day weekend. We are going over Labor Day this year and we are more than happy to be in a park with a third of as many people as MK and half as many as Universal.:crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter