bus system question

danielle_lynn

Earning My Ears
I was hoping that someone could explain the bus system a bit more. We will be staying at POR.

1. Can we catch other resort buses from the parks to have a meal or just check things out?

2. Does each resort have a bus that is designated to that park. So, each resort would have 4-5 buses?

3. Will we need to show some proof that we are resort guests? Do they let non-guests ride the buses?

Thanks!
Danielle::MinnieMo

Hi Danielle, the buses (for example) will go to the Swan and the Dolphin. They will have buses that go to each park. they have a bus waiting area where you get on the bus at the hotel and when you are ready to leave a park they have an area where all buses go. You get dropped off in this area when you enter a park and you get back on the bus when you leave. They are numbered and named so that you may easily find your bus. As for getting on or off a bus that you are not staying at their hotel? Yes, you can do this. We went to breakfast at a hotel one day and then got on their bus to go to the MK. I have never used the bus system to go from hotel to hotel. Maybe someone who has can help you with that. I know that they have a bus that says "Special" this is probably the one that you would use. We rent a car. We use the buses for all of the main parks but when we want to go to another resort for dinner we prefer to take our car. I have heard that it takes forever to go from resort to resort. But, as I mentioned we have never tried this.

Buses don't go from resort to resort unless it is a shared bus. To go to another resort that doesn't share your bus, you need to go to a park or DTD and transfer to the resort bus you want to go to. The TTC does have bus service to the WL and FW. The monorail and boats do go to some resorts.

Originally posted by danielle_lynn
I was hoping that someone could explain the bus system a bit more. We will be staying at POR.

1. Can we catch other resort buses from the parks to have a meal or just check things out?

2. Does each resort have a bus that is designated to that park. So, each resort would have 4-5 buses?

3. Will we need to show some proof that we are resort guests? Do they let non-guests ride the buses?

Thanks!
Danielle::MinnieMo

1. yes

2. yes but they may share with other resorts. Since you are staying at POR, we will use that as an example. POR will share busses with POFQ. I am not sure how many stops the bus will make within the POR and POFQ resorts (I think four), but you will see dedicated busses for the MK, Epcot, MGM, AK, and DTD. The DTD bus will also go to TL. The AK bus will go to BB.

3. In all our trips to WDW, they have never asked to see proof. You do not need to be staying at a resort to use the Disney transporation. Your park ticket is proof enough if they ask.

Ed

(Do not board buses marked "special" unless you are told to, or unless there is a hand written sign specifying the destination. "Special" is often used for buses dropping off guests and then heading back to the bus garage or buses whose next destination isn't known yet.)

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter