Buffet gone at CS Pepper Market

MickeyMagic

DIS Veteran
Went to Pepper Market at CS today to have the lunch buffet. No more! As of today, 1/1/13, breakfast and lunch are back to being ala carte. I will send an e- mail to administrators with the info. Waitstaff isn't happy. They probably realize it will cut down on the number of customers coming in from other resorts.

Wow.. We were there in Nov and my husband was obsessed with the PM buffet! I think we did breakfast twice and lunch twice.

Well, I for one am glad it's gone. Maybe now we'll consider staying there again.

The breakfast buffet was so good! Haven't tried lunch. But i have tried a la cart dinner, and i was NOT at all impressed. Not in the least. Such a shame for them to take the buffet away.

The buffet was a great option - IF everyone in your party wanted to spend a CS credit on a meal. I'm sure it drew guests in from other resorts. But it was a horrible option if you were staying at CSR and 1 person in your group wanted a full breakfast while another person in your group just wanted to use a snack credit on a bagel and use their mug for a 'free' beverage - it was impossible to sit together to eat. People having the buffet had to sit in the main PM seating area; people just getting coffee or using snack credits had to stay outside the PM area.

So, it was a cool experiment, and was great for some people, but I'm sure it resulted in complaints from actual CSR guests. And, of course, it may have ended up costing Disney a bit more for the food, too; never a selling point for the company.

But it was a horrible option if you were staying at CSR and 1 person in your group wanted a full breakfast while another person in your group just wanted to use a snack credit on a bagel and use their mug for a 'free' beverage - it was impossible to sit together to eat. People having the buffet had to sit in the main PM seating area; people just getting coffee or using snack credits had to stay outside the PM area.

This was our big problem with the buffet. Fine for those wanting a full breakfast or lunch. Terrible for families with mixed dining needs.

We loved the Pepper Market when it was tapas style and went there at least once each trip. Obviously a lot of other people did too because it was always busy. Went there last year after they had switched to buffet (we didn't know) and it was EMPTY. And we didn't eat there because it was lunch time and we weren't looking for a huge buffet meal -- just lunch.

Soooo glad they switched it back. I'm really looking forward to eating there again.

We stay at csr and never eat at PM, buffet or not. We found our first trip we just did not care for the food. We have a car so we rather eat elsewhere, or eat breakfast in the room.

I liked it previously and I liked it as a buffet. I actually feel bad for the people running the pepper market. It seems no matter what they do ...everyone always hates it.
I remember the original set up when people were charged a tip..and so many people complained, then they went buffet and people complained they liked it better before and now they change it back and people are complaining again.

I liked it because it is was different than every other food cout at WDW.
Oh well...:confused3

Oh,!that's a shame! I loved their buffet and we always went over there though we didn't stay at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter