buena vista suites

We've stayed here before and I'd highly recommend it. :thumbsup2
Breakfast - Good. Saved us a ton of money and there was plenty to eat. Stay away from the scrambled eggs. Everything else was very good.
Transportation - we had our own car and it was exactly 10 min. from hotel to Disney propery. Straight shot on 535.
Rooms - very roomy and clean. Nice to have the small fridge and microwave. We actually ate some lunches and dinners in the room which saved us more money.
Pool Area - Not the greatest but okay for quick dip.

We have stayed on Disney property at ASMo and POP and this was a far bigger room, cleaner, and cheaper. We'd never stayed on site before so we thought we'd try it. Everyone brags about how great it is. :sad2: We didn't like it and will definitly return again to off-site (BVS) in the future.

Just back from 6 nights @ BVS.
This was a great hotel experience. The Breakfast was great too: scrambled eggs (dry the way I like'm); ham; sausage; bacon; fruit; yogurt. I skipped the bread-type items but DS7 loved the BB Muffins; biscuits; waffles. Fast even when crowded as they opened 2nd buffet during peak times.

The pull-out sofa-bed was not the best or worse I've seen.

Refridge. will hold open wine bottle and many misc items.

Shuttles always on-time & when we missed the 8am we walked next door to catch it as it gets Royal Carribe 2nd. Standing room only on Thanksgiving day, otherwise always got a seat. DS liked watching the on-board TV with DIS cartoons.

Pool is large, heated and uncrowded 3.5' - 5.5', small hot-tub.

MK fireworks can be seen from the North end of the hall.

pd ~$550 after tax

1.5 miles North on Vineland is the Prime Outlets Mall with Disney Character Premier for discounts on DIS souvenirs. 2.5 Miles South on Vineland is Bronson Rd with all the chain restaurants: we did Applebee's; Chili's; Macaroni Grill. Macaroni Grill burned everything -DS & I didn't mind but DM got hers comp'd since was only half eaten.

Cajunwon can you tell me if you heard much noise in the hallways at night and also was the pool clean? We are also going at a holiday time(Easter) and enoyed hearing your report. I am glad to hear they will open a 2nd buffet line if it is crowded then.

I was wondering what the bus schedule was like and where did the bus put you down at the parks. Thanks

We're going Dec 31-Jan 4. Just wondering if the shuttle is worth it or to drive ourselves. DH uses a cane and can park in handicap parking. How far is drop off from the park entrances?

I haven't been to BVS yet but I can tell you a little about offsite buses. I know that at MK you will not be dropped off at the entrance to MK ( like the onsite buses). You will be dropped in the parking lot area and will have to take monorail or ferry to MK. I hope someone else can answer your question. We have reservations at BVS but will drive to the parks. I do not think their shuttle runs every 20 min. like onsite buses and we want to come back for afternoon breaks and be able to go when we want.

We are thinking about staying here in May. Thanks for everyones reviews. I am thinking that this is too good of a deal to pass up.

I just made reservations for May. I'm glad to see good reviews. Any new ones since November of last year?

I made reservations for the end of May. It will be our first visit. Now I'm debating on BVS vs Comfort Suites Maingate East which is about $12 per night less and has free internet. Decisions, decisions...

Does BVS also offer a free shuttle to Universal? That may be the deal killer if it doesn't. The other issue is that we'd have to move hotels for the last night since they are already booked with some special event starting on June 6th. I could still get us a room, but not at the AAA rate so the price jumps about $50 for that last night --- or we move hotels.

I'd love to know though if BVS has a free shuttle to Universal.

I've heard reports that you can use Caribe Royale's pool (because they are sister resorts). Anyone know for sure if that's true?

We were considering this hotel, so I called and asked that very question. They said no. :guilty:

I would like to know if anyone has tried their transportation system.

I think that the "special event" in June that you are talking about is probably GAY week. If you are not gay, I would avoid this week like the plague.

I made reservations for the end of May. It will be our first visit. Now I'm debating on BVS vs Comfort Suites Maingate East which is about $12 per night less and has free internet. Decisions, decisions...

Does BVS also offer a free shuttle to Universal? That may be the deal killer if it doesn't. The other issue is that we'd have to move hotels for the last night since they are already booked with some special event starting on June 6th. I could still get us a room, but not at the AAA rate so the price jumps about $50 for that last night --- or we move hotels.

I'd love to know though if BVS has a free shuttle to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter