buena vista suites

duels23

Earning My Ears
just returned from a weeklong stay at the buena vista suites (june 8-14). have to say it was a great value for the money. at a price of $110/night tax included, we had plenty of room for our family of 7 (me, dw, dd-13, dd-9, ds-8, ds-3, dd-infant). the free breakfast left a little to be desired at times, but after the first morning there we knew what and what not to eat. avoid the eggs and the waffles (like bricks) on the buffet line. instead order your eggs fresh from the cooks on the line. much better eggs and you get them made however you want them. excellent grits, ham, and bacon. the breakfast was never too crowded and we were there typically anytime between 8-930 each day.

suites were roomy enough. especially during the 3 nights when d fil and d mil were there and had a suite next door and let ds-8 sleep in their living room.

rooms have 2 queen beds or 1 king and a couch in l.r. that makes into a full bed. service at the front desk was so-so, depending on who you were dealing with. pool was nice, but the water was a bit too warm at times. of course tropical storm alberto kept us from swimming more than a few times though.

exercise room was very outdated. so i had to make due with what they had. i guess that's pretty typical at most hotels though. however, when walking through the boardwalk later in the week i did get a look at their exercise room and it was pretty impressive looking.

location was great, it was quiet and there was only one other hotel in direct vicinity (caribe royale suites next door). we were able to turn right out of our parking lot and in 2 minutes be on wdw property. never had any trafffic issues at all, probably better off than if we had stayed at one of the all stars or pop when it comes to transportation.

overall very good experience. would recommend it if one is looking to save money and needs extra space (large family). however, next time we will be staying on property, either the poly, boardwalk, beach club, or okw.

Thanks for the great review. We've considered this hotel/resort for ourselves.

Thanks! Thinking about this hotel for October trip as they have a good price.

hi! I just got back from a stay here too! We were there from 6/18 through 6/29. The hotel is very nice and clean. The pool is a little small but usually pretty empty so it is not a problem.

We had a 2 queen bed suite with a couch for my fmaily of 5 and it worked very well. The hotel room was always very clean.

The waffles and french toast sticks were often like bricks but other that that the breakfast was okay. We found the eggs to be fine after you add the traditional salt and pepper you always have to add at breakfast buffets.

We paid $88 per night through dreams unlimited.

The location is wonderful. Extremely close to Disney. It sits on 536 which leads straight to disney. Universal was only 10-15 minutes away due to how close the hotel is to I-4. There was a drug store and ponderosa right across the street which was very nice to have. Contrary to reports it was actually easy to get to (even across the 6 lane road) if you drive over to the exit for Caribe Royale (the resort next door).

I did not use the exercise room since we were walking constantly and I did not use the buses. I did use the laundry room which was small (2 washers and 2 dryers) but empty. Loads are $1.25 each cycle so plan on $3.75 per load of laundry.

Overall we thought it was great and we will definitely stay here again.

Thanks for reviews I am considering this for our offsite stay. Its going to be either villa, this hotel or if the rates drop USO onsite.

thanks for the review. we're probably gonna do one night here and will consider it for a future stay.

Do you know what time the breakfast buffet was open in the a.m.??

THanks for the reviews. We are considering this hotel for our last night before driving home :-)()

We'll be here next June (late). How far is the hotel from the convention center? Is it a difficult drive? Also, how are the scheduled free shuttle times? Not worried about getting to the parks, but concerned about getting back. What if we're not ready to leave when they depart? Thanks.

...for DH and me beyond sleeping on the sofa-bed? Are the queens in the same room?
When we were able to stay at HIFS (before it was Nick), we loved having our own room! Just wondering... :blush:

:thumbsup2 My Famous Daddy daughter trip was there this past Feb.My oldest daughter drove up from st.pete fla.The kids and grand children stayed on the living room sofa bed and us adults slept on the beds...with that being said yes you have a door to divide you. :cool1: The breakfeast was pretty good and all of the personel that worked there were excellent!I have to agree that the colors were quite (well how do i say Tacky)But for the money it was a great stay!I have no problem teling anyone to stay here and i got the best rate thru Dreams unlimited......

we decided to stay here for a few days during our October trip(the days we'll be at Universal and Sea World). Our family of 6 will be able to stay in one room for 1/2 the price that we will spend on 2 rooms at the POP.

Thanks for your review. I'm also curious what time the breakfast opens if anyone knows! :thumbsup2

Our extended family starts arriving at Buena Vista Suites this week. If anyone has any specific questions, I'll try to get answers for you! Pls post before Thursday as I won't have computer access again until my return. I'm just so excited! :cool1: (But not as excited as my 5 year old - he doesn't have to pack!!!) :banana:

I've heard reports that you can use Caribe Royale's pool (because they are sister resorts). Anyone know for sure if that's true?

My children insisted when we were there that they checked and it was true. We never got a chance to verify it. We didn't make it back to the room early enough for them to go try it out (we were there in November...it got dark early and was chilly at night).

I know the literature in the room indicated that the two hotels were somehow "sisters"--same room service, etc. So it is probably true. The kids were eager to go to the other pool because it had a slide.

Planning to stay here in April, last vacation we stayed at Homewood Suites and LOVED the location. How is this location compared to a hotel near Crossroads?

Looking for new reviews on this hotel. I currently have a res for next year. Cannot beat the price for our family of 6 for the room they offer AND the free full buffet breakfast (a $30 savings at least for our family), so would love to hear from anyone else who has stayed here. I expected a LOT more reviews on this hotel. TIA :yay:

My family is going in December, so I'll post a review when we return. The price was fantastic and the included breakfast buffet sealed the deal for me. We stayed at ASMo in Sept 2005 and at that time the room was already too small for me, DW, DD now 6 and DS now 4. We knew that we were facing two connecting rooms and still no fridge or microwave if we stayed on-site. The separate bedroom and living room should work great for the kids sleeping and DW and I watching TV.

The UG lists travel times from BVS to MK as 9:15 minutes, to EP at 4:30 minutes, MGM at 8:15 and AK at 7:30. From what I've been able to gather, the route is very easy, very few turns and all on major roadways.

Also, the UG gives the BVS a 4 star overall-quality rating out of a possible 5 and a room-quality rating of 83, out of a possible 100. This is the identical rating of the Coronado Springs Resort and Port Orleans Resort at WDW. For further comparison, the CR and GF each received identical ratings of 4 and 1/2 stars and 93's for overall-quality and room-quality, respectively.

Edit: I will also say that BVS actually called me just after making my reservations to see if I needed any tickets, dining reservations, etc.! I was amazed at that. I also confirmed that they do have hairdryers, irons and ironing boards in each suite - it is not clear on the website. I asked about the bedding, as in pillow-top mattresses, but the agent wasn't sure. Not bad in my opinion!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter