Budgeting for food

don't forget to "reimburse" with your typical budget for food and I also add on a few bucks from my typical electricity and gas bill since i won't be using that at home.

For 21 days, you may want to plan on getting a full kitchen and getting groceries and cooking at least 1 meal/day and having snacks/drinks. That will bring down the sticker shock (which honestly, you may not actually have high enough for 4 Disney adults at 3 meals/day at Disney)...that's 252 restaurant meals (without counting any snacks/drinks), and if you are not sticking to CS, that's gonna explode in cost fast in Disney parks...and even if you do stick CS, you're talking $15-$20 each (without drinks)...
This is kind of what we are doing we will be staying off site 15 days we will be having breakfast where we are staying and bringing sandwiches, fruitn chips, snacks and other stuff with us to the parks. We will have 1 sit down meal out a day. Occasionally we will have lunch QS instead of bringing in sandwiches and occasionally we will spring for a in park snack. This is how we will be saving money on food.

A very different budget, with three teenagers, we are planning a free breakfast at the offsite hotel, then $15 for a quick service lunch and $15 for a quick service dinner. Instead of $100 per day, it comes out $30 a day per person.

I would figure about how much the dining plan price would be since that is what you usually use anyway. Then buy gift cards that equal roughly the same amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter