Budget Buster: Lost ring...in garbage disposal maybe?

AllesonWonderland

DIS Veteran
Ugh, I'm just sick about this. I was grabbing frozen strawberries out of the bag to dump into the blender for my morning smoothie and realized my pinkie ring is gone. Checked the bag and the blender (I've lost weight, so my rings have been slipping off when I stick my hand in the ice maker, etc.) Not there. I did do some dishes this morning, and since wet hands make my rings loose as well I stuck my hand in the garbage disposal. No luck. If I don't feel it right there at the top, is it probably not in there? I would hate to take apart the sink (which I probably couldn't do or wouldn't do right...causing me to have to pay for a plumber) only to find it's not in there. I'm so sad... :sad2:

Did you remove the rubber opening to the garbage disposal?

With the rubber piece removed you can see into the disposal easily to make sure you didn't miss the ring by just feeling. I remove this rubber thing frequently and put it in the dishwasher. Good luck.

I just pulled it back and looked down there with a flashlight. No luck. I suppose there's the chance that if it came off and went down there, with the amount of water that I ran it was washed down. And, if there was enough water to wash it out of the disposal side, it probably went past the u-joint, eh? (Of course, that's assuming it even went down the drain...that's just the only thing I can think of. Already went through the trash and looked on the floor, and called the library in case it fell off when I dropped stuff in the drop box this morning.) Ugh.

I'm so sorry you lost it! I hope it turns up. My mom lost the diamond out of her engagement ring when she was visiting us. We scoured the house and car and couldn't find it. 5 months later, I grabbed a box of ziploc bags out from under the kitchen sink, realized it was empty and went to toss it in the trash. I heard a rattle and looked inside - there was the diamond! It must have fallen out when she grabbed a bag out of the box. Hopefully, your ring will turn up soon, too.

I'm so sorry you lost it! I hope it turns up. My mom lost the diamond out of her engagement ring when she was visiting us. We scoured the house and car and couldn't find it. 5 months later, I grabbed a box of ziploc bags out from under the kitchen sink, realized it was empty and went to toss it in the trash. I heard a rattle and looked inside - there was the diamond! It must have fallen out when she grabbed a bag out of the box. Hopefully, your ring will turn up soon, too.

Wow! That was lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter