Bristol Palin announces pregnancy

She had a right to choose the life she prefers. Between child support from the dads and the extra cash every year from Alaska (will be x 3) she will get by. Not sure why she's news.
I hope she's doesn't end up on TLC. It wouldn't be good for her, her children, or the viewers.

She's 24, its not like she's still a teen. This isn't news, young adult women have babies every day, and some are *gasp* single.

Why is this family still in the news? Why is it a news story that a twenty something can get pregnant?

Maybe it's news because this woman has earned about $250,000 lecturing about abstinence...

Is the ex-fiance the father?

In the article, she asks for no sympathy and she'll get none from me. Birth control, lady! Regardless, I hope she has a healthy pregnancy and that the baby is healthy. I may not like her choices (or her) but no ill-wishes on my end.

Who does she lecture too, is it teens that are unable to financially support a child themselves? Is it people in general who are unwed? Its not like its a secret she doesn't abstain, she's been a mom already for years. This still shouldn't be in the news, but we all know why it is, which I won't go into since it leads to a banned subject.

Who does she lecture too, is it teens that are unable to financially support a child themselves? Is it people in general who are unwed? Its not like its a secret she doesn't abstain, she's been a mom already for years. This still shouldn't be in the news, but we all know why it is, which I won't go into since it leads to a banned subject.

Her views, goals of being an ambassador are in the article. $262,000 is a lot of money, don't know if she's still getting paid.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/04/06/bristol-palin-earns-262k-for-pregnancy-prevention-work/

I have no issue with her profession, and its not news that a 24 year old woman who was engaged is pregnant but is no longer getting married. She needs to stop blogging her personal feelings because she's a media target.
I'm not sure that the work she has done for one non profit charity is a profession. But, I could see where she might be able to hit the lecture circuit on issues of acceptance of the choice of single parenthood.
I would guess she gets some payment for blogging at that site, don't know for sure, though.

Is the ex-fiance the father?

In the article, she asks for no sympathy and she'll get none from me. Birth control, lady! Regardless, I hope she has a healthy pregnancy and that the baby is healthy. I may not like her choices (or her) but no ill-wishes on my end.

No birth control method is 100% effective.

I think the reason Bristol announced it in the sort of "negative" way she did is because she is ashamed after being an advocate for absitnence, and now she has a second child out of wedlock, from a different father no less. I have no opinion on her, the Palins, or having children out of wedlock, but I think that's where the 'sadness' and lack of support comes from.

I don't care that she's pregnant and preaches about abstinence (she wouldn't be the first). I don't care if it's called a profession or not or what she made in a year. I don't even care if she's marrying the baby's daddy or not or if they had a party. What I care about is that she feels like she let others down and that she feels this baby is a disappointment. That's not a good thing. It may not be planned, but in her family, babies are loved no matter the circumstances. I hope she finds peace with it all and loves the little baby. That's really what matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter