Bring the tardis to epcot

I have no idea what this thread is all about. I know Dr. Who is a TV show with an overly obsessive cult following. But I have no idea what tardis is, or why I might want him/her/it in Epcot. And I'm generally pretty hip. Not a suburban soccer mom type at all. Just not into sci-fi either. ;)

I have no idea what this thread is all about. I know Dr. Who is a TV show with an overly obsessive cult following. But I have no idea what tardis is, or why I might want him/her/it in Epcot. And I'm generally pretty hip. Not a suburban soccer mom type at all. Just not into sci-fi either. ;)

The tardis is the doctor's time machine - on the outside it looks like a blue police box from the 1960's

Lots of people would love to have more than a "meet and greet" with Capt Jack. A friend of mine didn't speak to her dh for a week when he surprised her by showing up a dinner wearing a Capt Jack coat and driving an official replica Torchwood Land Rover that he bought on ebay without consulting with her.

My first Doctor was the 5th. I still have a soft spot for the 3rd and 5th Doctor and wanted to be Ace when I was a teenager. She's way cooler than any of the new companions.

If the TARDIS is placed in EPCOT it'll be a constant disappearing act because some sassy young tart will always be wandering inside and heading off on adventures with a guy in a fez and a bowtie.

Or a guy with a long scarf and a crazy grin, or a guy with a stalk of celery in his lapel or...

(Ironically, watching fifth Doctor now.)

chartle said:
You would have to round it off with some Hitchhikers Guide to have at least a fighting chance for any US non British sci fi fanboy to know what you were talking about.

I'm a US non British Sci fi fangirl and I absolutely LOVE Dr. Who. Especially one Mr. David Tennant. I would love a tardis in my house. It would be a wonderful conversation starter I believe. Especially when the daleks show up.

To bring Dr Who related items into the park, would costs a small fortune as Dr Who is a very hot property.

I've seen a couple of blue boxex around with charity boxes and their locations are not any busier than before the blue boxes appeared. There is no indication that people, who weren't going before would now buy a ticket for EPCOT for a picture next to a blue box.

So basicly. large outlay for no income.

Never happen.

Actually, The Doctor is pretty darn big with more then sci fi fanboys these days. Now, I don't think it is that big with most of the Disney demographic, but on college campuses it has a wide following.

Actually, at my son's school, all the 2nd-4th grade kids watch it obsessively, which in turn made me a fan, since I hadn't seen it since Tom Baker's days. If you haven't seen it, give it a whirl. My very non-sci-fi DH gets sucked in every time it is on the TV here.

While I'd love to see the TARDIS at the UK Pavilion, as others have mentioned, it won't happen unless Disney already owns the rights.

Omg I freaked out when I saw this post. HUGE Doctor Who fan here!!!

I would probably die if the TARDIS was in EPCOT.

While I'd love to see the TARDIS at the UK Pavilion, as others have mentioned, it won't happen unless Disney already owns the rights.

They wouldn't have to own them, just licence them if the rights are available. Very much like how Universal has a licence to the theme park rights, East of the Mississippi to some Marvel characters but Disney still owns them.

Disney or the UK store can sell Dr Who merchandise, its just they have to have a licence to do so and buy it from licensed suppliers. So they just don't make the same amount of money as selling a Mickey Mouse shirt.

One major issue is that now a lot of this kind of stuff is now sold on the internet so why buy it at the UK pavilion with a huge markup. When you could just buy it off the net. Though there is some souvenir value.

Now if Disney did a Dr Who Movie that changes everything. :thumbsup2

Omg I freaked out when I saw this post. HUGE Doctor Who fan here!!!

I would probably die if the TARDIS was in EPCOT.

If anyone from Disney sees your post then you will be the one responsible for the Tardis NEVER getting to Epcot. No way Disney would introduce something that will result in the death of guests. :faint:

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/doctor-who/index.php?v=syfy_doctor-who&SESSID=df5a5bc0c22d1c071f597734f279525a

If you need some Dr. Who merch, here you go. I don't remember seeing any in Universal Florida, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. I have bought Dr. Who stuff in the NBC Store in NYC though.

Again, others have said it: it's not as easy as just throwing up a blue phone box and selling some t-shirts. They have to get rights. NBC/Universal ones those rights here in the USA. I've seen lots of different merchandise in the UK pavilion as they try to find what works. From what I've seen in there, it's stuff that I really didn't see any where else (except for some of the Beatles stuff).

It's good to here about the new thing in Cardiff. Maybe we'll decide to go to England now.

I think the Tardis is already there. The Doctor finally got his Chameleon Circut working correctly and it's sitting in the middle of the park right under your nose. Seriously... I could've sworn I'd seen some of those columns around the world showcase and in spaceship Earth before. (Keeper of Traken anyone?).

Considering his general luck, I highly doubt the Doctor would want to risk showing up at a themepark in this era without the Chameleon Circut back at full operation simply due to the tendency of Daleks, Cybers, and any number of other of his enemies popping out of the woodwork whenever it shows up.

Then again... considering all the running he does on a fairly regular basis, Would he REALLY want to show up someplace for vacation that would require so much walking? Wouldn't a beach or something more relaxing be a better fit? :confused3

David is my Doctor! :lovestruc DS used to tease me about watching, now he's hooked! I'd love to be the Doctor's companion :rolleyes1

My 15 year old daughter is obsessed with Dr. Who (new version) and my husband, who's Australian, watched it in the 70's. I've started watching the new version on Netflix so I'd have something new to talk to her about. She said she'd freak if they put any Dr. Who things in Epcot. At first she thought I was saying they already had (as we're going next month) and was very disappointed when I said that it was just mentioned on the Disboards!

holy smokes.... if the tardis was at epcot and they renamed any restaurant to "the restaurant at the end of the universe" my nerdy DD12 might have a coronary but i'm sure she'd have a towel so she'd be fine ;) she's the type who spends all of her allowance at thrift and online stores gathering harry potter and dr who cosplay pieces. if there is ANY dr who stuff in any place in epcot(if it's there, my kid will find it), i'll certainly pass along the info in jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter