Bring back the Krispy Kreme donuts!

mmi

Mouseketeer
We were on board the Fantasy June 11-18 and noticed the donuts on board are no longer from Krispy Kreme. We were very disappointed in what they were serving and calling 'donuts'. Anyone else? We wrote this on our comment card. While this is not a make or break it issue, the KK donuts are far better than what they are serving now. We felt like it was a cost saver for Disney.....

They didn't have them on our Fantasy cruise in February and my wife was pretty disappointed.

Absolutely don't understand the attraction of Krispy Kreme donuts.
They got run out of business here by the mom and pop donut shops.
And with a bakery on board the ship, I would think the ship make donuts would be soooooooo much better. Not frozen and defrosted like the Krispy Kremes.

What are the new donuts like? I never liked the donuts on the cruises before, did not know they were Krispy Kreme, but that makes sense. Now, if they had Dunkin on board I would love that :)

And with a bakery on board the ship, I would think the ship make donuts would be soooooooo much better. Not frozen and defrosted like the Krispy Kremes.
Krispy Kreme straight from the store while the "hot now" sign is on is a totally different animal than what you'd get from the grocery store or on a cruise. You must have pretty good mom-and-pop stores to run them out of business.

Krispy Kreme straight from the store while the "hot now" sign is on is a totally different animal than what you'd get from the grocery store or on a cruise. You must have pretty good mom-and-pop stores to run them out of business.
Well, the mom and pop places have pretty loyal customers. Krispy Kreme was the outsider when they first opened here in the early 2000s. The 2008 recession did them in. Not a fan, and the only Krispy Kremes I have ever had were right out of the fryer.

1960s me folding Sunday papers at 4am on a cold fall morning for delivery - "Hot KK are amazing!!"

Today me - "OMG, get those nasty things out of here. Time to go to Voodoo or Top Pot"

Well, the mom and pop places have pretty loyal customers. Krispy Kreme was the outsider when they first opened here in the early 2000s. The 2008 recession did them in. Not a fan, and the only Krispy Kremes I have ever had were right out of the fryer.
They didn't last long in my hometown, either. They couldn't compete with the local shops and the 8 billion or so Dunkin' Donuts locations.

I didn't even realize they were from KK. However, I always prefer the "hot" ones right off the belt.

LAX

What are the new donuts like? I never liked the donuts on the cruises before, did not know they were Krispy Kreme, but that makes sense. Now, if they had Dunkin on board I would love that :)
My town only has a Tim Horton's, which is better than KK. We have a Dunkin's, that was just built and is suppose to be opening soon. I can't wait!!!

The last thing Dunkin should be known for are their doughnuts. With that being said yes please bring back the KK's. Those doughnuts on board tasted like stale gas station doughnuts that had been frozen then thawed

Since KK is in my town now, I can get them anytime I want (Hot Now). Those cold, week old KK are not good. I agree that they should make the doughnuts onboard. That would be yummy.

They didn't last long in my hometown, either. They couldn't compete with the local shops and the 8 billion or so Dunkin' Donuts locations.
We just got our first Dunkin this year.

We just got our first Dunkin this year.
KK tried very unsuccessfully to move into Toronto. TH pretty much rules every street corner. I don't get it at all. I think their products contribute massively to the health care crisis in Canada. But.....each to her own. After patrolling Toronto 10 hours a day for 32 years I'm a loyal Country Style follower. Unfortunately there are no CS restaurants near to where I retired.

Y'all are all funny. The closest donut shop to where we live is at least 1 hour away. So, I'm perfectly happy with the KK on board. I do understand there are better options if you live in the city... I grew up working at a family owned Donut shop in FL in the summers, Thomas' Donuts in Panama City Beach. They have the best donuts anywhere as far as I'm concerned. We get those when we go to the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!