bridge GF to MK

Yes and yes, and the reason it's a swing bridge. I Mean, they could have just made it high enough not to need to open...but Stupid Guest Tricks and all that.

I know a few years back, when taking a boat from MK to GF, we could see what we thought were the Electric Water Pageant floats tucked away in some water way away from the main lagoon. Is this bridge going over that little water way, and do they still park the EWP floats over there?
Yes, the new bridge will go over the canal where the EWP floats are stored. That’s why it was long thought that Disney wouldn’t build a walkway from GF to MK, because they’d have to bridge that canal without blocking the EWP.

Yes, the new bridge will go over the canal where the EWP floats are stored. That’s why it was long thought that Disney wouldn’t build a walkway from GF to MK, because they’d have to bridge that canal without blocking the EWP.
And the boats on the Rivers of America, they use the canal to get those boats out to Seven Seas then they go to Bay Lake and the maintenance facility in the NE corner.

Excited for this as well. We are attempting to get a Grand Floridian reservation for our December trip this year. It may seem a bit silly but this walkway gives us the justification for the price of finally staying there. Magic Kingdom is the park we are always at the most and the latest. We love the idea of simply being able to walk back instead of having to stand in any transportation lines.

While the swing bridge is well underway, the second bridge near the GF complex has not been mentioned anywhere. Without this second bridge, the path remains off limits.

It's not even been 'officially' announced, so no ETA has been given.

To the best of my knowledge, Disney has never done a story on the parks blog about the project. But the Disney Public Relations department has confirmed construction of the walkway.

While the swing bridge is well underway, the second bridge near the GF complex has not been mentioned anywhere. Without this second bridge, the path remains off limits.

That is going to be a static/non-moving bridge though right?

To the best of my knowledge, Disney has never done a story on the parks blog about the project. But the Disney Public Relations department has confirmed construction of the walkway.

Oops! I missed that. My bad :-).

Excited for this as well. We are attempting to get a Grand Floridian reservation for our December trip this year. It may seem a bit silly but this walkway gives us the justification for the price of finally staying there. Magic Kingdom is the park we are always at the most and the latest. We love the idea of simply being able to walk back instead of having to stand in any transportation lines.
Not silly. For many, the main draw of the Contemporary/BLT is the fact that you can walk to MK. Now that will be a draw for GF too; a slightly longer walk, but more pleasant and scenic.

Not silly. For many, the main draw of the Contemporary/BLT is the fact that you can walk to MK. Now that will be a draw for GF too; a slightly longer walk, but more pleasant and scenic.
A quick google maps measurement shows the walk from the lobby of grand Floridian via this path, is almost identical to the ground distance from the Wilderness lodge lobby. I would sure love for them to figure out a way to make a full loop around the Lagoon.
I know it will "never happen", however, as short as 6 months ago we thought this GF path would never happen.

A quick google maps measurement shows the walk from the lobby of grand Floridian via this path, is almost identical to the ground distance from the Wilderness lodge lobby. I would sure love for them to figure out a way to make a full loop around the Lagoon.
I know it will "never happen", however, as short as 6 months ago we thought this GF path would never happen.
If I had a dollar for every time someone had solemnly explained to me over the years why the GF-MK walkway was impossible, I would have made almost enough money for a 1-day stroller rental. If I had to make a bet, I would say that the full loop will come before my VGF points expire.

Haven't seen much on this lately. Is it at a pause while other things are going on? Any evidence of the other bridge at the GF getting under way?

I check a few informative websites daily, and haven’t seen anything new since the 1st week of January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!