bridge GF to MK

If the bridge were done today, could you even walk up to the MK because of where the entry project currently is? I wonder if this path will need a small security tent like the one from the Contemporary?

Last edited:
If the bridge were done today, could you even walk up to the MK because of where the entry project is? I wonder if this path will need a small security tent like the one from the Contemporary?
My guess is the path won't open until the entrance overhaul is completed, at which point the Poly/GF boat launch will be open and this path will mostly likely go through the same screening as those boats.

May be old news but was new to me, but they’re currently doing some serious work around the normal Poly/GF resort launch dock (which is where the current unused walkway leads to). The dock canopy structure has been taken down, lots of earth moving equipment around. The Poly/GF boat is using one side of that middle dock for the time being.

So, that path / connection / potential security screening point is seeing big work at the moment.

No this is not a priority. I have speculated before, and the more I look at maps the more I believe there is another intention behind this swing bridge. Just North of the bridge on the west side of the canal is a large amount of land. After reflections is complete this goes as my official GUESS as to where the next DVC will be built. Biggest attraction is walking distance to MK. I have always felt the biggest single attraction on DVC resort is location and this would be a very large attraction.

I think a resort there would be cool but I highly doubt it considering it would give you direct views into the backstage area where garbage processing and parade staging is done.

I also belive (could be wrong) that the Kingdom Tower concept was for a new BLT style resort north of the Contemporary.

I personally really want a new moderate resort. Or at least something that is a normal resort and not DVC.

I am def on board with a new resort... Disney doesn't just throw money around for nothing ... it always has a meaning and sometimes it takes a year or two to actually find out the truth... they are testing the markets on pricing in all aspects and I firmly believe they are wanting to really push the boundaries with a place that is truly for the "rich and famous".
The truly “rich and famous” and old money types won’t be doing Disney vacations. 99% of them think Disney vacations are below them and would dread spending multiple days among the commoners. Sure there would be some exceptions, but not enough to build a whole resort.

Last edited:
The truly “rich and famous” and old money types won’t be doing Disney vacations. 99% of them think Disney vacations are below them and would dread spending multiple days among the commoners. Sure there would be some exceptions, but not enough to build a whole resort.
What???o_O

While I understand the sentiment to a point, the existence of the Four Seasons runs directly counter to your argument.

For the truly "rich and famous" Brianstl is talking about the Four Seasons is slumming it with the commoners.

Eh, not really. Service is going to be somewhat on par with even the most elite hotels in any of the world capitals. And they can book the Royal or Presidential Suite, or even an entire floor or two, if necessary.

From what I recall, Saudi Prince Alwaleed would sometimes stay at the *gasp!* Swan or Dolphin.

Sometimes the mega-rich do, in fact, want to visit Disney World. And if that means booking floors of a hotel, renting out (off the books) a house in Golden Oak, or staying in a mega-yacht in Port Canaveral, they will make it happen however they want to make it happen. And they will ensure interactions with the rabble are kept to a minimum. Even the wealthiest among us can appreciate the base satisfaction of a cream cheese stuffed pretzel or a Dole whip.

Eh, not really. Service is going to be somewhat on par with even the most elite hotels in any of the world capitals. And they can book the Royal or Presidential Suite, or even an entire floor or two, if necessary.

From what I recall, Saudi Prince Alwaleed would sometimes stay at the *gasp!* Swan or Dolphin.

Sometimes the mega-rich do, in fact, want to visit Disney World. And if that means booking floors of a hotel, renting out (off the books) a house in Golden Oak, or staying in a mega-yacht in Port Canaveral, they will make it happen however they want to make it happen. And they will ensure interactions with the rabble are kept to a minimum. Even the wealthiest among us can appreciate the base satisfaction of a cream cheese stuffed pretzel or a Dole whip.
Yes that is the 1% he mentioned. They would do like you say and even buyout the entire park if they don't want to deal with people.

Yes that is the 1% he mentioned. They would do like you say and even buyout the entire park if they don't want to deal with people.
I’d like to see some evidence of this. Maybe an evening or a few hours for VIP but nothing beyond this.

I’d like to see some evidence of this. Maybe an evening or a few hours for VIP but nothing beyond this.

The park can be bought out for the evening, happens a good bit, just happened 10/22, more corporations than individuals but they will close the park for buyouts. A couple of million isn't that much at all to the multi-billionaire class> I have been to one of the corporate buyouts, lots of fun.

The park can be bought out for the evening, happens a good bit, just happened 10/22, more corporations than individuals but they will close the park for buyouts. A couple of million isn't that much at all to the multi-billionaire class> I have been to one of the corporate buyouts, lots of fun.
Right but not an entire day.

Thank you for the website and info, mrsap.

grand-floridian-walkway-update-september-7.jpg.webp

grand-floridian-walkway-update-september-6.jpg.webp
grand-floridian-magic-kingdom-walkway-4.webp

It looks like the wide bridge adn sidewalk will be nice and wide like some of their other sidewalks from BWV to DHS.

I really hope this is finished by 2020. The walkway at the Contemporary is why we chose it over the GF...and the walkway to the TTC is why we chose the Poly over the GF.
I'd really like to stay there on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter