Bridesmaids/attendants Gifts?

kiss da girl

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

I saw the Knot was having their sale of the season and today is the last day.

My main question is: What are you planning on/ did you give your bridesmaids as gifts?

* I have my sister and a girlfriend as bridesmaids and I also have a male friend standing up for me. Since there are only 3, I would like to give them a couple things, one item probably being more personal to the relationship.

Thanks!

Hello! I just got my girls their gifts yesterday (well, most of it). I got some fun bath stuff like bath bombs and oil and lotions and stuff. I also got them a personalized mirror compact (from the knot), and they are also getting jewelry to wear the day of the wedding (but it is by no means anything expensive).

When I was married in April 2010 I gave my bridesmaids both beautiful keepsake pottery vases that are made here locally (they aren't from around here), and they loved them!

I will be giving my 3 girls a necklace with their initial from Tiffany. I have no idea what my fiance plans on giving the guys.

This is what we gave our bridesmaids/groomsmen last Friday night

Bridesmaids:

Coach wristlet (that I actually found in purple and gray!)
Necklace and earrings to wear with bridesmaids dress
Gray flip flops from dessy that matched the bridesmaids dress to wear for the reception

Groomsmen:
Nike overnight bag with monogrammed initials
Flask with etched initials
A small bottle of liquor to put in the flask

oh these are all good ideas. I'll have to get with the DF tonight and talk about what he wants to give his guys - i'm pretty sure the flask and a mini bottle of liquor will be at the top of the list!

THANKS!!!

we were toying with the idea of given both bridesmaids a charm to go on a bracelet, DF wants to see if we can find one with bridesmaid on. Other than that idea we're a little unsure of what to give them.

I am treating my my girls' gifts like I would their birthday presents. I am trying to find items that are both useful but geared towards them. I like the jewlery idea, however I know they would never wear it again lol :rotfl:

I have three girls, so I bought them their dresses.... since it is a destination I felt bad. I also am buying them their hair and makeup ( as well for my mom and mother in law)

Other than those 2 big gifts, I plan on buying them small items. For instance, my one bridesmaid is a teacher so I went to the dollar store and bought some school supplies. My best friend loves music, so I was planning on getting her some old records- things like that. Since I bought the dresses and hair/makeup I am keeping my gifts small.

Oh, and I also found wine glasses that say bridesmaid - :) So I bought those too!

Our wedding is October 21, so I plan on going up to NJ to see them in late september and having lunch and give them their gifts in person so I don't have to lug them down to FL.

I bought mine their dresses, a hair piece (we did fascinators like the british wedding but not because of the wedding if that makes sense lol) I got them jewellery (bracelet and ring) and a heartfelt note. I also bought them all breakfast and lunch the day of:)

What about a nice in room surprise for them from Disney Floral and Gifts? I love the Disney Bridesmaid t-shirts and the Mickey ear hats with names stitched to them - but then I'm like that! :rotfl:

I also really like the idea of a little vinylmation or these silver bookmarks from Disneystore.co.uk. You can get a Tink one too:

There are loads more ideas on the following threads:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2403775&highlight=bridesmaid+gifts

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2583273&highlight=bridesmaid+gifts

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2402842&highlight=bridesmaid+gifts

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439509&highlight=bridesmaid+gifts

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1178432&highlight=bridesmaid+gifts

Happy shopping! :goodvibes

I got them personalized tote bags from The Knot, and then found some things to put in them. I got them spa kits with lotion, nail files, polish, eye masks, etc. Also a bracelet and a "bridesmaid" tank top. And finally I got blank tea cups at Michael's and decorated them with their initials and flowers and I'll be giving each one a tea sampler as well :)

wow! thank you all for the suggestions. I did end up buying a few nice things but won't say just yet incase they are reading this :)

but there are definitely ideas I will be using from here.

Thanks again! :grouphug:

Wow what great ideas....

I think I am going to give them a flip flop necklace since I am getting married on DCL. I just haven't decided if it is going to be their birthstone or red to match the dresses :confused3 I am also making T-Shirts to give them that have BM & MOH on it. They can wearing them for the Bachelorette Party. I also saw these really cute glasses at a local Hallmark store that I might get for each one of them.

I have put together little Disney items for the Ring Bearer and Flower Girl. I bought them each a resuable Disney bag (from the Disney Store) and a beach towel, puzzle, stuff like that.

The guys we haven't even talked about but I am sure it will have something to do with drinking, golf, or their favorite sports team.....

We are also going to have pedicures on Wednesday afternoon and I am thinking about paying for those.....

I am stuck with gifts to my parents? Thoughts?

Hi, hair accessories for the girls and swan figurine displays. For the guys, specialized key chains and tags.

We are planning on treating both sets of parents and the bridal party (we only have 2 and their significant others) to a day at Discovery Cove before the wedding. I know for sure my parents are on board, I have emails out to our two attendants. Its expensive, but they are coming all this way for our wedding and I probably won't buy smaller gifts. It will be a memory we can all share forever and hopefully will be relaxing!

I know this post is a little dated, but just wanted to contribute since I'm starting to think about these details myself :)
I am thinking about getting my bridesmaids Disney mouse ear head bands, maybe even disney themed button down shirts/tank tops for the morning of the wedding for getting hair and make up done.
This would be a destination wedding for all of us, so everyone would be flying, but I also had the idea of Disney princess themed shot glasses / wine glasses that I saw on Etsy (but I don't really want to give anything that would be breakable!).
A more expensive (but really really cute) option is a D&B Disney collection wristlet or wallet.
I haven't made my mind up officially, but I definitely want my gifts to be completely Disney themed. So hard to pick with everything that's out there! :)

My wife got her bridesmaids, a monogrammed robe, hanger and tote bag. As well as mickey jewelry and slippers.

I got my groomsmen, a Star Wars disney shirt that had Star Destroyer that took the place of Cinderella's castle, Star Wars cufflinks and a monogrammed toiletry bag. My coin bearer got a R2-D2 ears, a gift card and the same t-shirt.

I got my sister earrings, a necklace and a bracelet to wear for the wedding. I also got her a jewelry organizer/travel roll that I gave her everything in. I also gave her flip flops, a tank top, and a robe for getting ready in. I also made everyone t-shirts. I gave all our parents embroidered handkerchiefs too and both moms necklaces. Hubby gave his brother (best man) a leather dopp kit with his monogram and something else (a wallet maybe?) he gave his other two bothers leather dopp kits with their monograms as well (and I surprised him with a matching one) and he gave my parents passport holders and luggage tags with their monograms as well plus I believe he gave his dad a monogrammed wallet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter