Breakfast with the biggest "wow" factor

March Hare

Mouseketeer
Hello all

Visiting Disney again with my brother and his family ( first timers ) this Summer:hyper: As we have the UK Ten day World pass we all get a Character Breakfast included.Last time I went we had ours at H&V which was OK, but this time - as it's down to me to organise - :eek: - I'd love to take us to somewhere that makes everyone go "Wow!, good choice!"

Which Character Breakfast made you go Wow! ?

p.s. as there are nine of us in total will it be a problem getting a PS?:crowded:

Mark

I was going to say Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace, too!!!!

We loved Crystal Palace last year, but then again, my kids love Pooh! If everyone is more into Mickey, you would be best to choose Chef Mickey's. Then again, if you have a lot of princesses you might want to try for the castle. Regardless, since you have a big party, I would call for a PS 90 days out in order to get the time you want.

1900 Park Faire for the food (the best of the character breakfasts imho!! Characters that were there included Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Eeyore and Alice in Wonderland.

Crystal Palace is a classic. Food is good and characters are Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet.

Chef Mickeys, I wasnt impressed. But you do get to see Mickey!

I would pick 1900 Park Faire. Little kids would love the characters and adults would love the food and the luxury of being in the Grand Floridian!

Hard decision for you!!

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

DH and I did breakfast at Chef Mickey's on our honeymoon and I was not impressed. We were seated in a section entirely comprised of Japanese tourists who had a ton of cameras. Each person must have had a photo taken with each camera and then group photos were taken.
The food was ok, and our character interaction was minimal.
This trip we're trying Crystal Palace.

For us CRT, my princess loves eating in the castle with her royal peers. princess:

We also love Chef Mickeys, though,

I choose CRT. Doesn't get much more "WOW", then dining in a castle, that is unless you are English royalty, and have your own castle to dine in everyday.

Have a great trip.

we loved the castle. nothing beats eating in the castle,but it depends what charecters your kids like. mickey & pooh or princesses

Crystal Palace for lunch was better than Chef Mickey for breakfast. Never done the opposites, though. Can tell you to not bother with the Fairytale Princess Breakfast at Norway in Epcot unless you have an under 12 year old who doesn't care about food and just wants to meet a variety of face character princesses. The food at The Fairytale Princess Breakfast was not so great. The food at Chef Mickeys for breakfast was a little better, but nothing to write home about. If lunch is any indication, and you want Poo characters, then Crystal Palace is best bet as far a food goes. All the characters at each place were attentative and pleasant and it is just a matter of taste as to which you prefer for the character experience.

Keep in mind you are not doing character meals for the food, but to meet specific characters, and I don't think you'll be disappointed (I'm trying to say if you're looking for a good meal for b'fast, don't bother with a character meal;) ). Since you do get one included, decide which characters you would most like to see and decide which meal might be most convenient. Most of the deluxe resorts have character meals on site, so one might be right in your hotel or nearby.

My kids really loved Chef Mickey's for the napkin dance and Mickey (we had dinner, not b'fast) and Cinderella's Royal Table for the atmosphere and princesses (we also saw Aladdin that day which was a real treat). Nothing like dining in the castle. If you don't do the b'fast there, make time for lunch or dinner.

1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian--hands down, no question. The buffet selection/omelette station is the best we've had on property at WDW for breakfast. The surroundings are sumptuous and the characters very interactive. The Madhatter played a "pictionary"-like game--drawing WDW landmarks while the audience tried to guess. If you win, you get to draw. It was quite fun even though we aren't real artistic in our family.

The grounds at GF are lovely to stroll through after breakfast to catch the boat to MK. Of course, there's the monorail as well.

Our family of four really enjoys our visits to 1900 Park Fare. :tongue:

Hi :wave:

Thanks for all your posts! We already had in mind that we would do CRT ( if we can get in! princess: ) or Chef Mickeys, but it's great to hear your experiences in some of the other restaurants, and now I'm not so sure! - I guess I'll have to put it to the vote with the rest of the family.

Thanks again

Mark pirate:

I disagree with a previous poster about not being able to get good food at a character meal. We really love the breakfast at Crystal Palace. I love seeing Tigger, but my husband is concerned with that. He LOVES the Breakfast Lasagna there - give it a try! :)

We also tried Chef Mickey's last trip for breakfast & really enjoyed the food here, too. Crystal Palace remains our favorite for breakfast though.

We will be trying Cape May's breakfast this year due to such high recommendations - & we love their dinner. :)

HTH! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

March Hare

Just to warn you there are only certain character meals included with the UK 10 day voucher

iirc they are 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, Ohana, Chef Mickey's & Restaurantosaurus. CRT is definitely NOT included :(

I have a full list of the non-character breakfasts included if you want them

Happy planning :bounce:

Thanks for the update TraceyL :)

After discussions with the family we may take in a couple of Character breakfasts anyway as there is so much to choose from!!!
Could you let me know the full list so that at least we know what's included with the ticket?

Thanks

Mark :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!