Breakfast ideas for DH's office [Update pg 3]

mitushib

DIS Veteran
I need to send breakfast for 12 people to DH's office. Muffins, DOnuts, Pancakes and Eggnog already done and so cant be repeated!!! I need some easy to make/purchase unique breakfast ideas.

How about a breakfast casserole or Quiche with a fruit salad.
Biscuits and gravy is always good! Oh great,now I'm hungry! ;)

What about a breakfast caserole? I've seen them, I think, on kraftfoods.com, where they have eggs, sausage, etc., or a stuffed french toast - the bread is cubed and layered with cubes of cream cheese, then you pour an egg mixture over it, let it sit in fridge over night and bake it in the morning. I have that recipe if you want it. Or to be easy - bagels?

Buy the big Grands brand cinamon rolls - but, instead of using the "so-so" frosting in the can - make homemade cream cheese frosting instead that is like Cinnabon's.

cream cheese
real unsalted butter
powdered sugar
vanilla extract

For a breakfast drink - how about a breakfast shake?? vanilla icecream & orange juice - like a cream-cicle. More work for you - but, it sure would be different;)

I just remembered - you can also buy Pillsbury cinnamon rolls frozen in a bag. There is another brand - I think Rhodes?? that have sell frozen cinnamon rolls in a tin. The easiest - would be to go buy boxes of cinnamon rolls from Cinabon and heat them up yourself. Be sure to take extra frosting for dipping :goodvibes

I don't know where you are from...but here in Texas, breakfast tacos are HUGE!!!! I used to love it when the office I worked in had tacos for us. I know, since my hubby is from St. Louis, MO that he didn't know what a breakfast taco was until he came to Texas. We have all kinds.

It's a tortilla with...
beans (refried) and cheese
bacon and egg
potato and egg (my favorite)
sausage and egg

There are more combos you can do. They are easy to make OR buy and you can just individually wrap each in foil. We love them here.

bride03 said:
I don't know where you are from...but here in Texas, breakfast tacos are HUGE!!!! I used to love it when the office I worked in had tacos for us. I know, since my hubby is from St. Louis, MO that he didn't know what a breakfast taco was until he came to Texas. We have all kinds.

It's a tortilla with...
beans (refried) and cheese
bacon and egg
potato and egg (my favorite)
sausage and egg

There are more combos you can do. They are easy to make OR buy and you can just individually wrap each in foil. We love them here.

Ohh!! These are a great idea! We used to make/sell these as a fund raiser when I was in the Air Force. They ALWAYS were a HUGE hit!!! Just be sure to take some salsa in for those who may want to spice their's up :banana:

French toast with different toppings - fried apples, strawberry sauce, powdered sugar, syrup, etc.

Amy

Mmmmm...breakfast tacos :)

Also big here are sausage cheese kolaches...though I'm realizing not everyone knows what those are. Basically like pigs in a blanket, but with unsweetened donut type dough instead of puff pastry or croissant dough.

Ok, I'm super hungry now.

I make this for my husbands office every year for x-mas and everyone always loves it. It fact, I make 2 for him to bring in.

Recipe:
1 3ounce pk. cream cheese
1/4c. butter or margarine
2 c. biscuit mix
1/3c. milk
1/2 c. raspberry preserve

In a mixing bowl cut cream cheese and butter into the biscuit. Mix the mixture until crumbly--blend in the milk. Turn buscuit dough out onto lightly floured surface. On waxed paper or plastic wrap roll dough to form a long rectangle. Transfer onto a greased jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.Spread raspberry preserves down the center of the dough. Make slits down each side. Fold each strip over raspberry filling. Bake @ 425 for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown. Drizzle warm coffe cake with confectioners sugar frosting.

ENJOY!! :sunny:

Can you pm me or post the stuffed french toast recipe!! It sounds good.

Tiggerbell05 said:
What about a breakfast caserole? I've seen them, I think, on kraftfoods.com, where they have eggs, sausage, etc., or a stuffed french toast - the bread is cubed and layered with cubes of cream cheese, then you pour an egg mixture over it, let it sit in fridge over night and bake it in the morning. I have that recipe if you want it. Or to be easy - bagels?

I always make sausage and apples for our potluck. Everyone in my office likes the mixture of slightly sweet and savory. And I can keep in in the crockpot, so no heating up in the microwave.

GeauxTigger said:
I always make sausage and apples for our potluck. Everyone in my office likes the mixture of slightly sweet and savory. And I can keep in in the crockpot, so no heating up in the microwave.

This sounds good! How do you make it?

Lots of recipes at www.bbonline.com/recipe/index.html which I have used for years for nice bed n breakfast type dishes.

How about something like fancy French toast and a fruit dish plus something hearty like a sausage ring?

GL! :wizard:

We like breakfast pizza. Crescent rolls, rolled flat on a cookie sheet, any meat (I like scrambled sausage), cheese, rotel, and any kind of vegetables you want to add. Scramble eggs in a bowl and pour over the entire pizza and bake. Yummy! Jimmy Dean also has a new frozen breakfast item. The bag we have has scrambled sausage, onions, peppers and maybe something else. You cook it for about 8-10 minutes, push ingredients to the side of one pan and use the other side to scramble eggs. When the eggs are done, you just mix it all together. We then scooped spoonfuls onto tortillas and made breakfast burritos. Also used sour cream and salsa on the burritos. I was very leary of trying the Jimmy Dean frozen sausage mixture because I don't eat meat that has been cooked and then frozen (just not my thing). But, I never knew anything had been frozen, it tasted like I used fresh ingredients. It was quick, simple and clean up was a snap. You could scramble everything at home, and then heat it up in a microwave at your husband's office and everyone could just make their own burrito adding their own toppings.

We have breakfast days here at work, & I always make Fritatas. I bring in two 9x9 glass baking dishes. They're very simple to make. For each dish, slice up a tomato & lay the slices on the bottom. Then beat a dozen eggs. In the egg mixture, add peppers, onions, & ham, all chopped. Mix everything together & pour into the dish. Bake at about 400 degress or so. I think it takes about 30-40 minutes or so. When it's done baking, add grated cheddar cheese on top & place bake in oven until cheese is melted.

I make one with ham & one without for any vegetarians. Of course, you can add or subtract any ingredients you want. They taste great. And I think they taste even better the next day, reheated. Plus it's super easy to make. I prep all the ham, peppers, onions, & tomatos the night before. So when I wake up, I just mix the eggs, add the prepped food & pop in the oven.

I always pre cook bacon and sausage and reheat when I get there. Also quick breads travel well. Fattatas and Quiches do well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter