Brady and Gronk

I am not a Pats fan but I have friends that live in New England. They are all posting on fb how happy they are for Brady and Gronk. They were posting throughout the game and were rooting hard for the Buc's to win. One of them commented that he felt like a "proud papa"

Last edited:
We are all Patriot fans and were rooting for Brady and Gronk. Actually everyone we know felt the same. Super happy that they won!!!

We have a pretty big friend/family circle that felt the same, none of us have any anger that they left, although we wish they didnt!

Not sure how the rest of New England feels outside of our circle though!
That is so awesome-what a great attitude!

Very surprising as most fans are bitter when players and/or coaches leave their team and have success elsewhere(see the LSU/Nick Saban "dynamic").

Interested if you would you have felt the same if Tampa Bay had played the Patriots and won?

We are all Patriot fans and were rooting for Brady and Gronk. Actually everyone we know felt the same. Super happy that they won!!!

We have a pretty big friend/family circle that felt the same, none of us have any anger that they left, although we wish they didnt!

Almost everyone feels the same. After having to hear many people outside of NE crying about how Belichick and Brady cheat for the better part of 20-years, it's justice served. They cheated by outworking every other team in the NFL and by choosing players that were dedicated more than talented....

This is the Way....

We felt the same way. I would certainly love for them to have still been playing with the Patriots, but can't help but be excited for them and the whole Bucs organization on last night's win.

I saw one questionable call but the others were fine to me. I don’t know if the one would have mattered overall though. The problem was the lack of protection for the other quarterback. He will be one to watch but tonight I just felt bad for him.

There were a lot of questionable calls, it was so bad to the point where the halftime analysts were telling the refs to let the guys play.

There were a lot of questionable calls, it was so bad to the point where the halftime analysts were telling the refs to let the guys play.

The only questionable call I noticed was when Tony Romo(with KC down by 22 with 5 mins left) ...continuing to babble on and on about how Mahomes has a chance to win 7 Super Bowls like Brady. The guy played QB in the NFL -hard to believe he's that stupid but words don't lie. It's hard enough getting to 7 Super Bowls ...forget winning 7. Plus..... after the beating he took, I'm not sure Mahomes will even play 6 more years required.

I don't think they were questionable, as in wrong, but they were definitely calling it tight. Some prefer that they not do that, especailly in big games, but I don't think the calls were wrong - the players were comitting the acts that earned them penalties, as minor as many of them were.

Last edited:
That is so awesome-what a great attitude!

Very surprising as most fans are bitter when players and/or coaches leave their team and have success elsewhere(see the LSU/Nick Saban "dynamic").

Interested if you would you have felt the same if Tampa Bay had played the Patriots and won?

My husband and I have been Patriots fans since we were kids! We would have been rooting for the Pats all the way!

Patriots fan here! I've been salty all year about Brady and Gronk- but last week I told my husband I just can't root against them in the Superbowl so we were all in for the Bucs! That being said, I felt bad for KC. It just wasn't their night.

The fans who lose always blame "bad calls." When a receiver is blowing past you, it's actually a smart move to grab them and take the flag.

But IMHO, the Bucs DEFENSE won the game. They dominated the Chief's offense from the first series on. Mahomes never had a chance to get started. Secondary coverage was exceptional and Mahomes was under pressure all night. The Chiefs defense gave up FOUR TDs.

The Bucs have a lot of talented players, but the team defense won the game.

No. There was ONE (OL holding late in the game) that was a little iffy to me, and I think that's the one Romo was talking about. Other than that, all of the other fouls were legitimate. I saw an article in USA Today this morning where the reporter was complaining about the calls, but said they were fouls, they just shouldn't have been called. LOL. If they're fouls, they SHOULD be called.

I don't have ties to either team (ok, my mom lives in Florida), wasn't really rooting for either one and wanted to watch a better game.

The fans who lose always blame "bad calls." When a receiver is blowing past you, it's actually a smart move to grab them and take the flag.

But IMHO, the Bucs DEFENSE won the game. They dominated the Chief's offense from the first series on. Mahomes never had a chance to get started. Secondary coverage was exceptional and Mahomes was under pressure all night. The Chiefs defense gave up FOUR TDs.

Agreed. I understand KC had a patchwork Oline. I wonder if they had their normal starters if the game would have been better.

Yeah, Mahomes got sacked like 10 times - there were no "bad calls" interfering with that! The Bucs were just all over him.

Last edited:
Yeah, Mahomes got sacked like 10 times - there were no "bad calls" interfering with that! The Bucs were just all over him.
It seemed like that, but he was actually only sacked 3 times.

That said, he was under pressure all night. But many of the times he was under pressure, he had plenty of time -- just had nobody open, His top two receivers were double covered almost every play.

It seemed like that, but he was actually only sacked 3 times.

That said, he was under pressure all night. But many of the times he was under pressure, he had plenty of time -- just had nobody open, His top two receivers were double covered almost every play.

Was it only 3? I guess some of them where he got knocked down aren't sacks because he got the pass off. I don't know - I just know he was getting pummelled!

Was it only 3? I guess some of them where he got knocked down aren't sacks because he got the pass off. I don't know - I just know he was getting pummelled!
I remember one stat they put up, he had dropped back 40 times and was knocked down 8 of those. I think that was in the 4th qtr.

Looking at ESPN, it shows Mahomes had 49 attempts, was sacked three times and hit 10. https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220403

Yeah, the stats I saw were 3 actual sacks, 9 additional "hits," and a record 29 "hurries"...for those who just live for stats.

But as I said above, in a lot of those cases he had plenty of time but he had nobody to throw to. The offensive line can only hold off a rush for so long -- they have a very limited amount of ground to give up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter