Boys can go to space too ... A May/June 2016 trip report

OurLuce

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm Our Luce and this is my first trip report, hopefully I'll get to the end. I did do a pre-trip report, but nobody commented :-(, but I'm a sucker for punishment so here goes anyway.

Some details: The trip was from the 27 May through 5th June 2016. We stayed in the Animal Kingdom Lodge and had the dinning plan.

There are 4 of us, me (aka mum), my other half (aka OH) and our two children Ameila (A) who is 10 and Zach (Z) who is 8. OH doesn't want any photos of him anywhere on the web, so there won't be any photos of him. We live in a small village in the English countryside.

I first went to Disney in 1990, with my father and some friends of the family,I was in my early 20's. I've been several times since, the last time I dragged OH along, that was in 2005. We found out A was on the way. Since then the long haul has been out so no trips to the states :-(.

But OH finally agreed that we could have the 'Disney trip of a lifetime' :-) so off we went. It is pretty much one of my favorite holidays, so I got to do all the planning and got the kids very excited too. OH isn't quite so keen on the whole Disney experience but he did very well considering. Whatever he says we will be back.

[I will put some photos in, but I can't log in to photobucket at the moment, so will do it later]

Day 1 travel day (26/5/16)

Last edited:
Day 1 travel day (26/5/16) Thursday

(ok I'm from England so the dates are in UK format) ..

Well it started the night before. Wednesday was a day at work/school for all of us. Then home, put the last minute things into bags. So electrical, sponge bag and final clothes all picked and packed. The car was loaded and a two hour drive from home to a hotel near Gatwick Airport. M1 and M25 went as smoothly as you could ever expect a motorway journey, that includes the M25, to go and we hit the hotel at 9pm. Amazingly dead on schedule.

We stayed in a holiday inn. the hotel room was a double twin, big, clean and comfortable. We had a deal so you leave your car there and get a taxi to the airport.

So 8am on Thursday morning a very nice taxi driver drops us off at the North Terminal Gatwick. Hanging around airports is very boring. We paid for a lounge, which helped, keeping us aware from the masses. Our flight (BA) was delayed by an hour, so we left England at 12.30, flew and arrived Orlando at 4.30 pm American time (or 8.30 on our internal clock).

Getting through immigration wasn't as bad as expected. The grown-ups are now finger printed and all through without hassle. Luggage was picked up. Ride on fake-o-rail done and then walk from one end of the airport to the other to get on the Disney Express. We got straight on a bus and on our way to the MAGIC.
20160526_173754_zpsfhqhb4se.jpg
[photo of Z and Me getting far too excited].

There were a couple of stops (art of animation and pop century) then we were at the animal kingdom Lodge (Jambo house). Our room is 2266, we arrived at 7pm. We dumped our stuff in the room (sorry no photo). Swimming costumes found and headed straight to the pool.
1000112_zpsykj3fh6p.jpg

[Z and A in the pool on our first night].

Zach went down the slide at least 10 times, Ameila almost as many times. We sat and watched. The we had some food from the Mara (wasn't that impressed with the food or the wait).

We went to our room at 9, we had been up for about 17 hours by this point. Tried to work the tv, found the food channel so was reasonable happy. Then we slept.

Last edited:
Day 2 - 28/5/16 Friday : The Animal Kingdom

Z is really into natural history, he currently wants to be a marine biologist, but any animal will do. Hence we stayed at the AKL. And it is really cool to watch the animals from the balcony.

So our first day, is not to the Magic Kingdom, but to the Animal Kingdom .

We didn't wake up till 6.30, which considering the UK time was quite late :-) We went down to the bus, I guess about 8.15 ish. The bus was waiting for us. So Z made a 'lifelong' friend, a little boy, also 8, also from the UK, called olley. He started to talk, he continued to talk at olley for the whole journey. Z likes to talk. The bus to AK was nice and quick and easy. We went through bag check, both OH and I got pulled for scanning :-( . Then the wait for the gates to open. OH lost his magic band !!!!!! Must admit I assumed it would be Z who lost his. After a mild panic, and OH re-tracking his steps, the magic band was found at bag check. The gates opened and we went to the left and walked through the empty park, towards our breakfast destination.
1000133_zpso8wtbqgv.jpg

Tusker house was fabulous. The breakfast was an excellent buffet, they even did good scrambled eggs, which is a b**ger to do well in mass catering. Huge choice of foods, from bagels, to crispy bacon and some african food stuffs too. And we met Donald, Daisy, Goofy and the mouse himself. First use of the photopass photographer. It was pure magic, with Jungle Juice. We really like Jungle Juice.
[photos of us meeting the characters]
1000140_zpswb3nv2iv.jpg

As we left Tusker house they were ushering the last few into the Lion King. We were sat in the reserved seating at the front and were Warthogs. The show is amazing, 'specially the monkeys and all the singing. I might have shed a tear as it was such a perfect start to the holiday. Even OH thought it was good, to quote 'that could be in the west end'.

We then headed to our first fast pass of the holiday. The Safari was excellent. I took a lot of photos, just missing the animals as we drove pass.

Next time we go, we are going to do exactly the same again. Honestly was that a good start to any holiday as you could possible imagine..

But, obviously, it went slightly downhill for bit, you can't expect everything to be perfect. We were all beginning to get a bit hot and tired, it was about 11 am, we walked round the trail in Africa which was good, saw the gorillas :-). Then we got hot and hotter. We went to see Rafika
1000236_zpsikukwuxj.jpg

[Zach hugging]

But everybody was getting grumpy, so walked to Asia, to the counter service bit of Yak and Yeti. The food was better than the Mara. But I am a bad blogger as I didn't take any pictures of food (to busy eating it and corralling the kids and OH).

We had a fast pass for nemo but that wasn't for an hour or two so we called it a day and headed out of the park. There was lots of grump going on. We went quickly back to AKL and to our room. We change into swimming stuff and suddenly z has lots of energy so off he goes to jump in a pool. Olly turns up so one very happy boy. A was fine too, chatting, swimming by herself and sometimes with the boys. I chatted to the parents.we stayed at the pool for a couple of hours and then decided to head back to AK for some dinner at the BBq flame place and to see the tree of life light up. it was the first (soft) late night opening of the park. we didn't quite make it till 11 but we hung around to see the lighting of the tree. we were all really tired and we gave up a brilliant spot to watch the fire flys light up the tree.
1000264_zpslqu5dogn.jpg
just as we moved away the animation started. I watched rather than take photos. we then headed back home. in theroom by 9.30 and I was asleep by 9.35 .

to sum up our first proper day. amazing morning, hot afternoon improved by pool time. tired but beautiful evening which was slightly cooler. we learnt to break the day. Tomorrow we see a castle...

Last edited:
Day 3 28/5/16 We make it to the Castle

Just to let you know, I'm writing this from the diary I kept on the holiday, so were there are plans involved they just may change later in the holiday.

So today was MK day 1 (2nd day was planned for the following Friday, where we had lunch booked at BOG). The Aim was to be there early-ish, but no rushing as we were so knackered from the night before.

We got to the bus stop, just missed a bus, so waited .... and lots of other people waited too, so the bus was very crowded when it finally arrived. We eventually got to the park just after 9. OH got pulled for another scan (not a happy boy) and we went into the park.

1000267_zps3aruh6ao.jpg

1000271_zpssuugapxd.jpg

[Z sitting eating]

We headed towards the Jungle Cruise, via a churrio stand for breakfast.

The Z needed the toilet, so R took him and A and I got int the queue. Z snuck through the queue and R waiting outside for us. It was lots of fun. Z loves bad puns so was in his element.

Then we headed to use our peter pan fast pass. OH thought it was a bit high (!!!!!!!), don't think I'll take him on pirates later. The rest of us enjoyed it. The kids and I then went on a small world. R wouldn't do it because of the tune (I made him do it last time and he hates it with a vengeance). Really cool at the end when they put your names up on the screens. Obviously no photo to prove it.

Bit of my history, I have fond memories of small world as back in 1993 I worked for a small software house, who was subcontracted to a company who was putting in the sound systems at a new Disney Park opening near Paris. Due to lots of reasons I ended up in EuroDisney, working through pre-opening and as it opened, finishing the software that drove the speakers for the background music. The room we worked in was above small world. I even have an opening crew t-shirt (which unfortunately no longer fits me, and is currently too big for the kids).

I didn't go on hunted mansion as nobody else wanted to wait in a 1/2 hour queue. We did go into the hall of presidents - for the 1/2 hour in seated, air con, splendor.

We did lunch at 12, at Colombo house. Nice food, with veg. Sat upstairs so it wasn't so busy. But there was a queue to do the ordering. We found that a lot with the counter service restaurants ,they definitely weren't quick!

After lunch we went to Philamagic, which was as much fun as we remembered. It is one of OH's favorite things. Then onward to a FP for Pirates of the Caribbean. OH hung around outside again, I think he found himself something icy to drink. This was a ride that wasn't as good as I remembered, or maybe I was remembering the Paris version as there was definitely a drop I missed. But the kids enjoyed it.

We then called it quits and headed out of the park. The bus was standing room only and the air con didn't work !! It was a long, slow, hot journey back. We did pool time again.

We left for the Poly at 5.30 for dinner at O'hana at 6.55. Bus to MK then either monorail or boat ...... we ended up on a boat. The Poly is lovely (OH said if he ever came back, which he isn't, he would like to stay there).
1000287_zpsvesoqyh6.jpg

O'hana ... the food keeps coming and is delicious. The bread pudding is just as good as they say (and I've tried lots and lots and even have been known to make it myself).

We took the monorail back to MK and a few photos later we then took the bus back to AK.
1000294_zpsp1bkm0ll.jpg

1000299_zpslb3qsyhw.jpg

So it was a bad bus day. The MK was heaving .. it's was the Memorial day weekend. We probably did the most rides we managed on any day which doesn't say a lot, but I have a ride adverse OH and a queue adverse everybody else. The first sight of the castle was magical. We got some lovely family photos using photopass.

But it isn't our favorite park, so guess who gets to change next friday's plan and drop a BOG reservation? I tried to explain to them how difficult they are to get, how much effort was involved (well I logged into the app on the right day, mid morning uk time), but we weren't going back to MK this holiday. So the kids never got to look round tommorowland, and we didn't go on the train or the peoplemover. Whatever OH says we will go back.

I had worked out, in my planning, that it was going to be bad in the parks for the next few days so the next 3 days we were staying out of the parks.

Last edited:

Day 4: 29/5/2016 Sunday

So we start the day wonderfully. We head down (well across and up) to Boma for breakfast at 9.00. It might just be a better breakfast than the one at Tusker house. Lots more Jungle Juice drunk.

Then pick up the car, over near MK. A bus came to take us over to Alamo, OH had arranged it, with help from the concierge, Its a car, I can't even remember the colour, sorry). We head over to the premium outlet mall on international drive. We manage to get a bit lost at the end but made it eventually. It is definitely bigger than last time I was there. Then it was the shopping of the trip. Polo shirts for OH, underwear, tops, trousers for me. I'm a slightly larger than I should be person and the quality and choice in America is so much better than at home. The credit card might be a bit broken :-). A got a really cute outfit or two. Found a snack for lunch. Then headed back to Target to get some supplies, nibbles, drinks and breakfast things, to eat in our room.

We got back after lunch and spent time down at the pool. We like the pool :-)
Looks like I didn't take many photos today ... so here is one of the pool I took a few days earlier ...
1000115_zpsns9p3c8o.jpg

Our dinner was at Jiko. It was fab, and worth the 2 TS credits each. Z had something off the kids menu. A had the lamb shanks (She, being 10, is on the adult menu, and normally quite adventurous when it comes to food, unlike Z), since we've been back OH has had to cook lamb shanks as she liked them so much. OH had the slow cooked rib of beef and I had a very nice piece of ribeye buffalo which was cooked beautifully rare. It was very classy food. I think I had their version of a Margarita, OH had a beer. They were very nice and let A choose a kids pudding, as she was so stuffed from eating the main. We also supplemented the dinning plan with a starter (a very nice dip thing) which we shared.

We were all tired, so after the meal went up and then down to bed.

Last edited:
I am really enjoying your trip report! We are headed to Disney World in September and are so excited!

We are big fans of Tusker House, as well; especially the Jungle Juice! We have an ADR for that and Ohana. I am glad to hear you liked Ohana as this will be our first time eating there for dinner.

I am really enjoying your trip report! We are headed to Disney World in September and are so excited!

We are big fans of Tusker House, as well; especially the Jungle Juice! We have an ADR for that and Ohana. I am glad to hear you liked Ohana as this will be our first time eating there for dinner.
I think I'm supposed to say 'Welcome'. So Welcome it is. We were really impressed with Tusker House, it would have been worth going there just for the food, the character interactions were a bonus. In my initial musings when doing the plan I didn't include any character meals, but, much to my surprise, the kids wanted at least one, so I read around and choose this. I wasn't expecting the food to be as good as it was.

Monday 30th May ... We went to have lunch with an Astronaut

This is the day the kids and OH were most excited about in the planning, and the one day OH had planned. We were going to have lunch with an Astronaut.

OH and I met over a sci-fi book (we were both reading the same, rather obscure book). My background is in Maths and Computers. The kids are both science nerds. Before Z wanted to be a marine biologist he wanted to be an astronaut. A wants to be an engineer, she loves maths and building things. She doesn't want to go to space, she wants to build the rocket that buts Z in space (but that might just be to get him as far away from her as possible :-) )

So a trip down the toll roads beckons. We didn't have the change for the first, unmanned toll. You need 75 cents in change btw. But the rest we went through paying the dollar bills out and heading east.

We made it to the Kennedy Space Centre at 10 am and parked. We had pre-booked the tickets and lunch, so it was just a matter of digging out the right pieces of paper and scanning in the bar codes.
1000302_zps1vste2qb.jpg

First we headed on the bus tour. I've been a couple of times before, OH had been once before (all visits were prior to being an us) and we both had a different tour to previous ones. [There are photos, I might manage to get them into photobucket and up soon].

The tour took longer than expected only a very quick dash through the saturn 5 room.
1000326_zpsrfly9ckr.jpg
Then back to the main centre, to have lunch with an astronaut. Most are male. I'd been doing my best for the cause, explaining to both my children that either gender can go up to space, but we would probably have lunch with a male astronaut.

I was very please to see we were meeting Wendy Lawrence. She went up in the shuttle 4 times, spending just over 50 days in space. OH was heard explaining to Z "it's ok, boys can go to space too"
1000340_zpsiz3854jq.jpg

[me,Z, Wendy Lawrence and A (in a new t-shirt)]
She answered questions and we got a photo. She was a lovely lady.

We then had ice cream. Went to the Imax (I think I might have had a bit of a snooze, its dark and the seats are relatively comfy). We also went over to the Atlantis building to see shuttle. It was really good. Lots of exhibit to play with. The shop was visited. Z now has a space monkey to add to his collection of soft toys. A has a nasa t-shirt (which will probably turn up in a later photo :-)).

We had to leave when there was still loads of stuff to do, as we had a grown-up's only dinner reservation.

Got on the route home and realised that everyone else was heading back from the coast as it was raining on memorial day. So slightly slower journey home, but it could have been much worse. A did a stirling job being the voice of the sat nav.

We got back to AKL and a quick shower and change and took the kids down to the Simba club. OH and I then headed over to the buses to go to Disney Springs and Morimoto Asia.
1000377_zps9bb0yefj.jpg

A fab meal was had. OH was in his happy place of hot and sour soup, ribs and then Raman. I had a selection of starters, dim sum and sushi. (Tuna and Scallop sushi, little fish tacos (which were really yummy), tuna in dashi sauce, chicken ba-mi buns). It was all rather wonderful. I remember that OH had a Singapore sling (the first since we had one in Raffles in Singapore) and we had some very nice saki too. It was all rather wonderful.

A nice lady, who had been on the bus over with us, offered to take our photo, but I was happy just taking a photo of the stunning interior. sometimes I like to play with (my new) camara and think I can do arty photos.

1000369_zpsgpetbxh9.jpg

We got back, by bus, to pick up the kids by 10. So another day was done.

The space centre was really interesting. we could easily spend a couple of days there. It seems to change enough that it was worth going again. I've gone 3 times now, in just over 20 years and it has been very different and good each time. I'm really glad we met the space lady :-)

Simba is horribly expensive, but it was nice to have a meal without kids, but I'm not sure I'd fork out that much again on childcare.

Last edited:
Tuesday 31st May

Another day not in the parks. We headed over to typhoon lagoon for a day in the water. Well the kids are I would be in water, OH would hide in as much shade as possible, he doesn't like heat or water very much, and read a book.
20160531_130351_zpsnznxrk65.jpg

So we had snacks in our room then had a very long wait for a bus. We got there just as it opened, so a dash to find a shady spot in hideaway cove.OH hunkers down in the sand, in the shade. we acquire 4 chairs to dump him and stuff on I take the kids into castaway creek.

The kids are then off and running. They don't like the bay, the waves are too big for them. Z keeps going round the creek. I think A joined him too. Lunch was from Typhoon Tilly's. It was very impressive considering the location. I had the turkey sandwich. I might also of caught the sun a little bit. We stayed till about 2, then headed back to the lodge.

Tuesday night's dinner was at the California Grill at the contemporary. So a bus to MK, then the monorail. Down to the 2nd floor to check in, then up to the 15th. What view!. My decent camara is still in our room, so the photos are by phone. And there were fireworks later.
20160531_185534_zpsbxvsfbdy.jpg

We are back to the dinning plan (last nights was OOP ) so a 'main, drink and dessert' each. A had a small meltdown when she didn't like the accompaniments to the fish she wanted. but we are in Disney, so my 'princess' ended up with salmon, mash and asparagus (which she said 'wasn't as good as english asparagus'). Z had a kids meal. OH had seafood ramen which was very good (back in his happy place with noodles and I had wagu beef (my happy place for food is steak cooked rare). Then I had the chocolate pudding, and A had the strawberry. A was getting very tired by this point (you could tell by the earlier meltdown) so she and OH headed home. Z and I stayed, hanging around the lounge till 10 o'clock, to watch the fireworks. They were lovely, when you wish upon a star ....
20160531_220214_zpsijfwzmzv.jpg

I got a text to say the others were home safe and sound as we headed to the monorail. We jumped straight on, round the resort loop and then to the bus. Which was waiting too and only a handful of people were already on it. A serious result, 18 mins from end of fireworks and we were on a bus and heading to the resort. Lights went out in the bus, as they do at night in Disney, and we headed back. Then the journey felt a bit long. I look outside the bus, to see the neon glow of the I92 ... we made it off property in a Disney bus !!!!!!!!!!! We ended up doing a 3 point turn in a bus (with help from a shop forecourt) and then back to Disney. We got back to our room at 11.30. A was already fast asleep. we weren't far behind.

Last edited:
Following along! Enjoying your report so far. We've considered doing Kennedy Space Center a couple times but haven't gotten there as of yet; sounds and looks very interesting though!
I agree Tusker House breakfast is great but I think BOMA is even better :)

Following along! Enjoying your report so far. We've considered doing Kennedy Space Center a couple times but haven't gotten there as of yet; sounds and looks very interesting though!
I agree Tusker House breakfast is great but I think BOMA is even better :)
the space centre is amazing. we could have spent a couple of days there easily. and I think boma's breakfast was better too but it is a close run thing and will have to go back to both to check.

Wednesday 1st June

Today we headed for EPCOT. It was a long wait for the bus. Then we went to the land for breakfast. On the way over there is only a 10 minute wait to see betamax. So me and the kids did. fist bumps were done :-)
wdw2016153477979423_7703503652_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_zpsyibcx6yu.jpeg

We had a couple of pastries for breakfast (a cinnamon roll was involved :-) ) Then we went to Mission Space for our first fp of the day. We all really enjoyed it. Seems like OH can manage simulation rides just. Then we went to test track. A and I designed a car, and OH and Z the other. Luckily they both scored 202 at the end, so there wasn't any fighting. At the end of the ride there were 2 very happy children and 2 very shaky adults. Never again for me.

Then we headed over to the world showcase. Agent P beckons in Japan. We walk round, straight through a very twee England (it really doesn't look like that !!!), heading towards Japan. We started the Agent P and then had to go back to Morocco to meet our only princess of the trip. It was also our longest wait, A really owes us one.

A was never really into princesses or pink. She much prefers lego and k-nex. However, when she was little we did get to watch Aladdin a lot. But in our house it has always been called Princess Jasmine. So Jasmin, my Ameila loves you very much. Aladdin was excellent, lots of chat and in character. Z did make the lamp light.
1000397_zpswuwcilst.jpg

In the photo A being almost tongue tied by meeting her hero. Z was just being cool.

We had lunch in Morocco, at the tagine cafe(?) it was really good. except OH forgot that asking for chips gets you what we call 'crisps'. He really wanted fries. Well you have to do it at least once on a trip to the states. 2 countries separated by a common language and all that.

We then went back to Japan, finished the Agent P. I saw a cute hat, wasn't bought [yet]. A and I got a pearl each (A 7 1/4 golden, mine was 7 3/4 white) and got them made up to go on a chain. This was one of the things A had researched and wanted to use her spending money on, I paid to make it up for the chain.

We were now very hot and bothered so we walked back (with a boat across the lagoon) to the bus for a short stop at home before heading back to Epcot - Japan for dinner at the Tokyo grill at 6.30.

This was the one time we shouldn't have had an afternoon break.

How long can you wait for a bus? We got to the bus stop at 5.15 and the bus turns up at 5.50!!!!! OH is panicking as he hates being late. We get to the park at about 6.10 then the hottest fastest walk, all the way through epcot. We made it, slightly melting, by 6.31 for dinner. OH had the bento box, I had sushi, A had the panko chicken and Z had a meal in a bullet train (chicken tempura ... well it wasn't chicken nuggets!). All very good. For pudding OH had Z's ice cream. Aand I had the mango cake and Z had the ginger one. Again all good. OH had wanted more noodles but we were in the wrong restaurant for that. When I had asked him just over 180 days before he really should of been more interested in the decisions I made.
1000412_zpsixp8dpch.jpg

[looking to the front of the park, near to where we stopped to watch the illuminations, just because it is pretty]

We then had a slow walk round to find a spot to see the illuminations, which were as good as I remembered. We then headed out of the park
1000439_zpsemw255aa.jpg

to a packed bus stop. We got on the 2nd bus out. 22K of steps and we were all shattered. At least one adult was very very grumpy. We got him home as quickly as we could.

Some when in the day we also let A get a lanyard and the first of her pins :-) Z wanted to spend his money on yet another cuddly toy which will happen later in the report.

This is a park we all love, and will come back to later in the week. But it is so very big. We spent a lot of time walking around it rather than doing stuff. But the food is excellent and in quite a few countries quite interesting.

Thursday 2nd June - visiting Hollywood Studios

It was a slow morning, we had breakfast at the Mara then got to HS at about 11.

I had a very very red, angry leg which is slightly swollen and a bit itchy. [ended up going to the doc's about it when I got home, looks like I had a hypersensitive reaction to a bite so it wasn't life threatening] but we have a to conquer
1000440_zpsi0hyby1t.jpg

First things, OH and A hit the queue for the great movie ride. So Z and me get into a line to meet chip and dale. We just get to the front when Chip and Dale become Donald. So we meet him instead
wdw2016154478859772_7704647055_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_zpsw7xj4jb4.jpeg

Then we snuck in the queue for the movie ride. Really enjoyed it. We then had lunch (at the ABC commissary) a large Asian salad which A and I shared. Z had a kids meal, OH had fries and pinched some of our salad.

Then me and the kids did Toy Story Mania (on fp) it was really fun and I beat the kids :-)

We then headed over to star tours launch bay, for another fp. On the way Olaf only had a 5 min. wait, so we met Olaf.

I remember the queue for star tours when I went the first time, I thought it was amazing. After the 'tour' OH looked a bit white.

Then we had ice cream. Have I mentioned that it was hotter than a very hot place it hotsville with some extra heat added in? We bought ice cream and then we couldn't find Z. 20 mins of searching later and about to go and tell a cast member we lost one, when we found him. He was sitting in a corner, in the shade. After almost killing him for being lost (or not telling us he was going to sit down first) and then lots of cuddles for being found we headed over to our third fp of the day.

We went to see Indy.

On the way (it was that sort of a day) we came across some cast members being actors. Their comedy skit was really good. It was so worth stopping to watch.

20160602_144942_zpspcb8xe6g.jpg

Then on to India Jones Stunt Show. Yep, it was just how I remembered it. Kids thought it was great.

Then it was time for dinner. So off to sci-fi dinner. After much deliberation we paid OOP for this. We decided to do an extra ts at Boma for dinner on Friday night (after cancelling the BOG lunch reservation). We all got stuffed on burgers and shakes which were really good. It was a bit dark to read a menu :-( or see anything else. The service was good. The movies scared Z! (but any mild peril can scare Z).

The plan had been to stay for the fireworks but A, OH and I were tired. So another pin was bought for A and we headed back to AKL. When we got back Z decided to go swimming. I think OH pulled him out of the pool at about 10.

So where did we go on Friday? It was a return visit to one of the parks. And on Friday we broke a child.

Friday 3rd June - the day we broke Z
So this was the day I had originally planned for Magic Kingdom part 2. With lunch at BOG and fireworks in the evening. But, democratically we had changed our minds and lunch reservation and fast passes. So it was back to the Animal Kingdom.
wdw2016155479487699_7705455220_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_zpszysq2vzu.jpeg

[Z had nagged enough to get the spray fan by this point, and gosh we needed it, we also did the explorers booklet, which was fun and kept everybody occupied]

Our first fp was the Kali River Rapids, the kids had liked the look of it on our first day. So on the way I had a cup of ice cold latte chai (which was very lovely) and OH had some Masala Chai. Then we went to Kali, but we were early, so did the walking trail in Asia, We saw a tiger :-)

So then it was Kali. Obviously OH wouldn't go on, it was a ride. So he held the bags, and lanyard, whilst the kids and I went on. I have never, ever been as wet as when I got off the ride. OH has some photos on his phone, they are not getting on here :-) I was wet through my underwear. So was Z. A was merely soaked in comparison.

Z wanted to go back to the room and get changed (which, in hindsight, would have been the sensible thing to do). But we had a seat at finding Nemo, which was a fp we hadn't used on the first day, so we were going to use it today. At this point A noticed that one of her pins was missing, her first pin from epcot. very unhappy child.

Nemo was brilliant, almost as good as the lion king, but not quite. But we were still wet after sitting in the theatre. To stop A moaning about the lost pin, she gets a nemo and crush :-)

We headed over to Africa to Harambe village for our QS meal.

1000464_zpsqsxtg2gl.jpg

A hears OH clicking as he walks, we checked his shoes and there was a epcot pin, stuck to his sole. Very happy A (with 2 extra pins), even though the spcot pin is rather scuffed. It definitely has a tale to tell.

Dinner was lots of grilled things. Z put his head on my lap, I was reserving table space whilst A and OH got the food. Z went to sleep.
1000463_zpsz783rybw.jpg

Now Z doesn't sleep. He stopped having afternoon naps before he was 2. He goes to his room at about 8 and reads till we force him to turn his light off at 9.30, but sometimes still is awake at 11.

Something is wrong with Z.

After lunch we decide to go back to our room for the afternoon break (we were going to head back to see the rivers of light). Z says he is cold. We get on a bus, he says his head is spinning. We get off the bus and he is sick. opps. we've broken our child.

We let those who need to know where so they can do the clean up and get back to our room. Z goes to bed. A and I go down to the pool whilst OH stays with him.

We have reservation at Boma. Z says he feels better, so we head over as a family. But as we sit down, he decides that he really wants to go back to bed. So OH takes him back and us girls have dinner. They are very nice and let us take back a takeout for OH. Everybody was lovey about it.

That night Z slept with me in the double, whilst A moved to the top bunk and OH had the bottom bunk. What we do for our children.

We've only got one more full day at Disney. I really don't want to leave.

Oh man, poor Z :( On our trip last Nov. I came down with a nasty stomach bug on Thanksgiving day so our plans got squashed. The next day I felt better until dinner so that got ruined also. Didn't ruin the whole trip but put a damper on it; I would have felt worse if it was one of my kids.
Hope Z got over it quick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter