Box of Magic

xanphylus

DIS Veteran
I am making a "box of magic" to take down to Disney this Sept for my kids- A box of Disney Magic if you will. I am bringing all sorts of items I know my kids will want to purchase while we are there and wrapping them all up as gifts to leave them while they sleep. I think Tinkerbell told me to sprinkle some glitter around as well!:thumbsup2 This will not only save me money in the long run, but make my kids very happy as well.
Here's my dilemma- I have plenty of stuff for my DD8 (all I have to say is Hannah Montana and HSM3.....) but I don't know what else to get my DS1. Any ideas out there? Its his 1st birthday and I want to make it special for everyone!:banana:

Here are a few things we have gotten for my DS1 that he really enjoys:

*Mickey Mouse and Donald stuffed animals. Smaller ones he can tote around with him.
*Clothing with the characters on them
*ANYTHING Cars related (Wal*Mart and Target have some selection for this!)
*Light up spinner toy - he LOVES it!
*Coloring books, or regular books, with the characters
*Movie, or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD

How about Disney snacks? Disney Cars or Winnie the Pooh gummies, graham snacks, cereal, etc.

Our Dollar Tree has a lot of Disney items in the toy section.

Have fun collecting for your Disney Magic Box.

Glenda

Those are great ideas!!! Thanks guys! I esp like the spinner light things! He will think those are super cool. :cool2: I also found him a light up sword for at the night parades and got him some nemo sun glasses. He looks extra cute in them. I need to find him some stuffed mickey and minnie dolls. I saw them at my disney store very cheaply priced, I will grab some! They will make his birthday extra special!

Some of those light up spinner things are very hard for a 1 year old to hold onto. If they spin they shake and then the child loses the grip and will drop it, and the batteries will fall out, and the lights will crack....
Can you tell I have been through this before?
I did manage to find a cute flashlight that had a color wheel on it and my grandson could change the color when he wanted.
when my grandson was 1 he loved the light sticks, but he never put things in his mouth. I know they are not toxic but I also know from when my 30 year old son was 6 that they do crack and get into eyes. They have little shards of glass form the inner tube which could cause alot of problems so if your little one tastes everything avoid these.
I foind some cute self inflating mylar balloons at my Christmas Tree shop that I had for all the kids around me at our local Barnum Festival parade today. They cost $1.00 each. They are small (approx 6-8 inch) mylar animal shapes with an inner plastic bag. When you pop the plastic bag the liquid mixes with a solid in the bag and it blows up. they come with a stick you attach to the balloon. These were the biggest hit, with the kids and the parents.
I would skip the coloring books for a 1 year old, but beach balls, cars and stuffed animals are a good idea. Again, make sure if your child is a "taster" that you buy carefully, alot of the toys at dollar stores come from China and I still dont' trust them with toys for my grandson.

if you have a books-a-million they have this really cool disney "talking" books in the clearance section.. the ones with the buttons and a little speaker attached to the right of the actual book... you press a button with the characters face on it and it says a cute expression!! i saw them yesterday when i was there.. i'm in OK, so i'm not sure if it's just a store-by-store thing.. but i think they were about 3 bucks which i thought was a total steal considering the other stuff on sale for much more $$..!!

Love the book idea too! I was just at Books-a-Million, but I didn't look around too much. The DS was getting impatient with the shopping mommy. :confused3 I will go back sometime this week. I also like the self-inflating balloon idea- gotta look for those! He is def a taster of all things! I still got him a glow stick sword at the dollar store though. The glow stick goes inside the plastic sword, so he won't chew directly on the glow stick if he decides he needs a snack!:rotfl:
Thank goodness we are driving and not flying! I have soo much cool stuff packed in my "box of magic" I may just have to make 2 boxes now! :woohoo: The kids will be very excited then- esp if I decorate them!
Thanks for the great ideas everyone!!!

I love this idea!:woohoo: My daughter will be 7 when we go at Thanksgiving, and I'm totally going to do this for her! Thanks so much for the idea. BTW, I'm in Georgia too. Where are you located?

Here are a few things we have gotten for my DS1 that he really enjoys:

*Mickey Mouse and Donald stuffed animals. Smaller ones he can tote around with him.
*Clothing with the characters on them
*ANYTHING Cars related (Wal*Mart and Target have some selection for this!)
*Light up spinner toy - he LOVES it!
*Coloring books, or regular books, with the characters
*Movie, or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD

I heard from someone that light up spinners, small ones similar to the $20 ones at WDW, are available at CVS, the person had princess, but she said there were all kinds of Disney ones.

I will hit CVS before we leave then- gotta have light spinners! Even if my son can't use it, he can watch his sister! She is 8- I think I can trust her not to eat the toys at this point. :rotfl2:

Palavra- I am about 30 min north of Atlanta- in Duluth. You? Glad you like the idea! I can't wait to give them their little presents every night and surprise them with Disney magic! :wizard:

Got glow sticks out the yin yang! All different types and colors. The dollar store is your friend here! I got bracelets, necklaces, fairy wands, swords and more!! My kids are set on the glow stage! :rotfl:

I'm in Eatonton about halfway between Atlanta and Augusta on I20. How are you hiding the box?

I am not hiding it right now- it's actually my step-daughter, and she is at her mother's house for the summer. So I have all summer to fill the box and don't have to worry about it!:) The one year old has no clue what it is anyway, all he knows is that there is a cool box of stuff he can empty out and make mommy clean it all back up every day! :rotfl2:

I have told her all about the box over the phone though and it is getting her even more excited just knowing about it! :thumbsup2 I don't plan on hiding it when she gets home, although I am going to packing tape the thing shut and cover it in disney decorations! That way she can see the box and sit and wonder what is in it!! :yay: It gives her something to physically remind her that we are leaving for disney soon! (It also helps that she knows if she messes with presents before its time, just like the christmas presents hidden in my closet- they go poof! and disappear forever! Not really, but its enough to keep her away from my closet and snooping at this point.) :laughing:

I figure I will wrap up a present or two for each night we are there and leave it out for her and her brother with glitter around it- so it looks like tinkerbell left it for them! Then I will have other presents in it, not wrapped that we will give them through the vacation from us- this way she really thinks Tink left her the presents and not us! The box of magic is doing double duty! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter