Bound for Barcelona - April 10, 2010 EB TA - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed for the Ducky Williams stuff:

He'll offer several exclusive workshops including cell painting. Sign up for these exciting opportunities once onboard. A nominal fee will apply.

:thumbsup2

I would know that if I had my docs already... :rolleyes1

Heather, what time do you think we will have to leave the ship to get to the airport on time? Anyone know if we still have to be there 3 hours ahead for an international flight? Or is that just from the US?

I don't know if you can get a one way flight from DCL. Just look on one of those places like Expedia, Orbitz or Priceline for one way flights.

I'm still waiting for my docs too :scared1:

My guess would be that we'll have to be there 2-3 hours early I've never done an international flight though. I'm sure Disney will tell us. They were really good at WDW at getting us there in plenty of time.

Can anyone give me an idea what the cost of air from Barcelona to JFK might be with DCL. I called today but they said that department is off until Monday. Still trying to decide between the EBTA and the 11 night Med.

We were quoted $900 RT JFK-MCO & BCN-JFK...inclusive of transfers and taxes.

Does anyone have a schedule of what will be happening each day of our cruise? I guess I was wondering about pirate's night the most pirate:.. It has probably been posted more than once, it's just that I haven't been able to get on as much as I would have liked to. Thanks to anyone who has this....

We were quoted $900 RT JFK-MCO & BCN-JFK...inclusive of transfers and taxes. Tried asking what it would be for just the one way, but they said "pricing is unavailable for a one way at this time". HTH

Thank you for reply. I actually wanted to go from Hartford to Orlando on Southwest and return Barcelona to JFK on whatever airline. Looks like a one way will be way more than cost of cruise and then some.

Does anyone have a schedule of what will be happening each day of our cruise? I guess I was wondering about pirate's night the most pirate:.. It has probably been posted more than once, it's just that I haven't been able to get on as much as I would have liked to. Thanks to anyone who has this....

Pirate night Sun 18hth Madeira

Formal Tue 12th and Sat 17th and semi formal Thu 22nd

that's the latest word anyway

Lynne made an educated guess based the TAs in 2007. I believe Pirate night has been confirmed as Day 9 in Madeira. Take a look at this link: http://web.me.com/lyncorn/Site/EB_Transatlantic.html

Thanks Lauren :flower3:

Anytime! ;) I hope to finish the two half-complete FEs I am working on. The patches I ordered from a vendor on etsy arrived today. No cruise docs, but a least I got one treat in the mail!

Thank you for reply. I actually wanted to go from Hartford to Orlando on Southwest and return Barcelona to JFK on whatever airline. Looks like a one way will be way more than cost of cruise and then some.

We were pondering that option too. In the end just did the DCL air as even with the best one way flight (~$500 Aer Lingus), adding in transfers, the SW tix, etc it was only a little more $$ and far less hassle....plus the flight times w/ DCL turned out to be way better too.

The 3 day cost is $249.95 and the 4 day is $299.95, the 7 day is $399.95.

Yikes!!

Do the pics at Shutters still have the borders and such and the CD just the actual pics? I believe I bought the $300 package (largest package) on our WB PC 2 years ago...I was hoping to spend the same for pics this sailing.

Martin, is the subway something the people with walking difficulties can do? Are there a lot of steps or do they have an escalator (sp?)?

Hi Linda:

I think those with walking challenges may be able to handle the steps, but could vary according to each individual. Steps are needed to walk down to the station and then there are another set of steps down to the train platform (similar to what we have here in Toronto). We did not take much notice of the escalators in the metros but from what I have read, there are generally escalators in each metro which usually only go up (ascend), and are quite narrow. You cannot use the escalators to go down (descend). Also, stations can be quite busy at peak hours. We do plan on taking the metro again to get around the city.

-Martin

We were pondering that option too. Ideally we wanted to do Southwest to MCO then a one way BCN-JFK. We checked prices for Albany, Hartford, Boston, JFK/Newark, and Philly in all sorts of combinations. In the end just did the DCL air as even with the best one way flight (~$500 Aer Lingus), adding in transfers, the SW tix, etc it was only a little more $$ and far less hassle....plus the flight times w/ DCL turned out to be way better too.

I'm booked thru DCL for air also. Philly to Orlando and Barcelona to Philly. I was really worried that they would fly me all over Europe to get home but I'm flying non-stop on both legs. I had priced flights on Orbitz in Jan. after I booked and while they were cheaper then the $900 DCL was charging, none of them were non-stop and took forever to get home. As many as 2 stops before Philly with overnight layover. They started with Barcelona to Madrid and then flew to Zurich or Germany or London too much flying and not a good price.

DCL, much like other cruise lines, have access to some very good consolidator/group fares, so their connections aren't bad, and you could be saving some big bucks if you're booking last minute. It might be worth the wait until Monday to see what they have to offer.

I did a TA cruise alone in 2007 on Royal Caribbean at the very last minute. The cruise left on 4/23, and I booked it on 4/17. Since I was traveling alone, I really didn't care about flights, but I couldn't find anything that was remotely reasonable within such a short time. RCCL offered me flights and transfers for $675, and I got a nonstop flight to Houston from Tampa, and a direct flight back from Barcelona through Atlanta on Delta. Same exact flights were nearly $2000 everywhere else, and I couldn't upgrade like I could through RCCL.

My lesson learned there was to definitely keep an open mind for what the cruise line has to offer. Now, I'm not saying it's the cheapest, but, it could be the most convenient and best offer out there based on when you book.

-Steve

Here is a pic of my new (very first) FE!!!! :banana:(made by Gradysmommy)
url]

That looks awesome!!! :)

It's great! DH has a Mickey on his shoulder, but so far I have been too much of a wimp...lol

:worship:

big whimp here! I am scared of needles at all - even had both kids natural just to aviod an epidural!

I promised my daughter a hena tattoo when we go to WDW but that is about as far as I will go - if you see me with a "tattoo" it will be one you use water to apply!

Krisann

We don't have the cruise docs yet but i will wait at our front door until Fed-Ex delivered the package.

We did got our stateroom for the Med cruise and we have recieved some pixie dust pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:.
We are upgraded from a cat 12 to a cat 9.

For the TA we aren't upgraded we booked the cat 12 ad got cat 12.
So we have to pack our stuff before changing rooms but i don't complain because i love to transfer rooms especially when we go to a cat 9 stateroom.
Our rooms for both cruises are across the hall from eachother for the TA it's 2013 and for the Med it's 2012.

So, instead of doing chores or going into the office, I've been sitting here wondering how we should be announced when we enter the ship.

Last cruise (three single ladies) we were announced as "The Three Amigos" (yes, it should have been amigas). This time I was trying to come up with a combination of our names; Pamela, Monica and Jackie. Came up with: Pamonakie? Japamnica? Monjackala? :lmao:

I think I like "DCL welcomes the Monjackala family"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter