Bound for Barcelona - April 10, 2010 EB TA - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband says NO ERASER FOR YOU!!! (he is sitting right here reading this)By the way do you remember who taught your class? My husband teaches those classes.

No eraser??? I've been to at least 6 or 7 classes so I have no idea who taught the classes.

Kristi

Bought myself a little something to use while lounging outside of the Cove Cafe & on the plane...

http://www.magellans.com/store/Shop...___Women_s_Clothing___AccessoriesWA006?Args=#

Also
Now, thanks to Jackie - am looking at the Woman Within catalog too (grrrrr) :rotfl:

Which color did you order? (I may order one and having the other color will help not getting them mixed up!)

Do you have the WW catalog with free shipping? (2 ladies in white pants, checked tops) Page 4 searsucker shirt, sage green, I think. Page 25 black capris in PETITE...yeah, short enough. Page 85, check shirt that's on the cover blue/white and maybe the black/white also (like all those colors, can't decide). OR...purple capris and the violet & white checked shirt..decisions, decisions.

I got my docs today! They have the old room number but that's ok :cool1:

Me too! :dance3:

Which color did you order? (I may order one and having the other color will help not getting them mixed up!)

I got the indigo

Do you have the WW catalog with free shipping? (2 ladies in white pants, checked tops) Page 4 searsucker shirt, sage green, I think. Page 25 black capris in PETITE...yeah, short enough. Page 85, check shirt that's on the cover blue/white and maybe the black/white also (like all those colors, can't decide). OR...purple capris and the violet & white checked shirt..decisions, decisions.

yes - same catalog - too funny.

Thanks! Went to the link and wrote down dimensions also....now to find that measuring tape......

Don't forget to include the wheels and handle in the measurements. I almost didn't get my carryon onto Aer Lingus in 2003 because of the wheels made it too long. They let me carry it on anyway - thankfully. Strangely, I didn't have the same problem on the way home.

Kristi

Doing the cruise doc dance!!! :banana:

Funny thing though is that we got 3 sets. DH and I got ours, grandma got hers and then my DD (8) got her own set, with her own set of luggage tags. Maybe she got her own room I don't know about, LOL. :lmao:

Same here!

Very weird, we all got our own set (4 of us) for the two cabins...

I was thinking the same thing until I opened it up, and alas, same cabin. :laughing:

-Steve

Interesting.....I'm packing mostly capris and tossing in one pair of pants for London. I may throw in a pair of jeans...but only if I space. Only one pair of shorts though (for CC and WDW for two days before trip).

I'm bringing jeans to wear during the day only. I have lightweight jeans so they really are not any heavier than khaki's - plus anything goes with them so I don't have to work about matching stuff. :goodvibes
For dinner, I wear black pants and a nicer top than during the day. Like someone else said - straight after dinner I go change back into what I was wearing before dinner to "save" the outfit for another night. ;)
I'll also have a couple of shorts hoping the first couple of days will be warmer.

Kristi

I've been meaning to ask those who were on previous TA's or PC cruises. I was wondering if CC members get some extra special stuff along with the usual CC gift since it's a longer special cruise. Of course, with the new tiers it may be different, but I was just wondering.

Kristi

Don't forget to include the wheels and handle in the measurements. I almost didn't get my carryon onto Aer Lingus in 2003 because of the wheels made it too long. They let me carry it on anyway - thankfully. Strangely, I didn't have the same problem on the way home.

Kristi

Yep, noted that when I wrote down the dimensions. If any of mine are issues I'll just mosey over to my sister's house and measure all of hers!

I've been meaning to ask those who were on previous TA's or PC cruises. I was wondering if CC members get some extra special stuff along with the usual CC gift since it's a longer special cruise. Of course, with the new tiers it may be different, but I was just wondering.

Kristi

The extra special stuff usually is for everyone (each stateroom). Like a special lithograph or something. On the '08 WBPC (before CC levels) the CC party ended up being on deck with REAL food and everyone could go. I think like 1800 of 2100 passengers were repeat cruisers on that one. Now with only Gold/Platinum members getting the 'party' on normal cruises it will be interesting to see what they do for this cruise.

MONICA, I noticed on the cruise documents that they listed you as silver...I thought the last cruise put you at gold? :confused3

Are there luggage tags for two bags per person? In January when I spent time at WDW before the cruise and used Disney's Magical Express from the airport to the AKL there was only one luggage tag per person. So just checking and Thanks to anyone who answers this.

I took this from the big board. I had no idea that Shutters did this. It sounds so much better than the way they did it in '08. Plus, I'm happy that I won't have to scan all the Shutters pics in myself. :)

Thanks to the Diser who wrote this out!

There are photo kiosks available where you can look at all of the photos linked to your KTTW or account to see all the available photos. Photos will appear in the kiosk before they are printed and displayed in Shutters so you can see them on the screen much sooner.

DCL tracks your pictures in 3 ways to help ensure they get on your CD:
1. Before most pictures are taken, you give them your KTTW card which the photographer swipes at the beginning of your photo session to link your photos back to your room account. When you first purchase your CD, they will ask you which room number(s) are to be included on your CD, in case your family spans rooms.

2. On Castaway Cay, and at other places (like in the terminal), where you don't give them a KTTW card first, they use facial recognition technology to match your pictures to your account. It is generally linked through the first picture you take (embarkation photo) which is the first photo taken where they swipe your card. When you first purchase your CD, they will ask for a reference photo (generally your embarkation photo) which they will use to ensure all your photos get linked to your account. They also use it at the end when they produce the CD to manually weed out any unknown people that accidently appear on your account.

3. If you find pictures that are printed that you don't see when viewing on the kiosk, you can take them to the Shutters representatives and ask that they be put on your CD. You do need to follow up with them to ensure this is done, as I had several missing pictures that I'd asked them to add, and had to follow-up with them several times to get them on there.

There is no limit to how many pictures can be put on a CD. It's all a function of how many pictures we had taken. (Because we decided early to get the CD, we took advantage of every photo opp we could.) We've had over 200 pictures on a CD. But recognize that unlike the Photopass at the parks, you can't add any borders to the pictures on the CD - and you get all of the pictures that they take (eyes closed, etc.) which are more than the ones that they print.

Wow!!
So we can purchase a photo cd now, like with the wdw photopass? That would be awesome for us!

This is tge first I'm hearing about this.

mommyto3princesses said:
I took this from the big board. I had no idea that Shutters did this. It sounds so much better than the way they did it in '08. Plus, I'm happy that I won't have to scan all the Shutters pics in myself. :)

There are photo kiosks available where you can look at all of the photos linked to your KTTW or account to see all the available photos. Photos will appear in the kiosk before they are printed and displayed in Shutters so you can see them on the screen much sooner.

1. Before most pictures are taken, you give them your KTTW card which the photographer swipes at the beginning of your photo session to link your photos back to your room account. When you first purchase your CD, they will ask you which room number(s) are to be included on your CD, in case your family spans rooms.

2. On Castaway Cay, and at other places (like in the terminal), where you don't give them a KTTW card first, they use facial recognition technology to match your pictures to your account. It is generally linked through the first picture you take (embarkation photo) which is the first photo taken where they swipe your card. When you first purchase your CD, they will ask for a reference photo (generally your embarkation photo) which they will use to ensure all your photos get linked to your account. They also use it at the end when they produce the CD to manually weed out any unknown people that accidently appear on your account.

3. If you find pictures that are printed that you don't see when viewing on the kiosk, you can take them to the Shutters representatives and ask that they be put on your CD. You do need to follow up with them to ensure this is done, as I had several missing pictures that I'd asked them to add, and had to follow-up with them several times to get them on there.

There is no limit to how many pictures can be put on a CD. It's all a function of how many pictures we had taken. (Because we decided early to get the CD, we took advantage of every photo opp we could.) We've had over 200 pictures on a CD. But recognize that unlike the Photopass at the parks, you can't add any borders to the pictures on the CD - and you get all of the pictures that they take (eyes closed, etc.) which are more than the ones that they print.

How much is it to get the cd like this?

Last May (at the Mammoth May Meet), we had a meet at France. Someone managed to get a Photopass photographer there just for us (DVC member I think). It was a site with all these people in lime green shirts getting the photos made. Then the photographer brought out Aurora to sit with our group for more photos. He had even walked around earlier and took candid shots.

I wonder if this is something we could do on the cruise. Figure out a day and time for all of us to get together and have a photopass photographer take a group photo.

Just an idea. If someone's already mentioned it, then blame my poor memory on my work.

Kristi

Can anyone give me an idea what the cost of air from Barcelona to JFK might be with DCL. I called today but they said that department is off until Monday. Still trying to decide between the EBTA and the 11 night Med.

Called DCL-- This is a PARTIAL list of the movies. The DCL rep said that the list will be much longer as they continue to add more films. The entire list hasn't been released yet, but she was willing to give me the list as it is planned so far:

The Proposal
UP in 3-D
The Surrogate
Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 in 3D
Christmas Carol
Old Dog
The Princess and the Frog
When in Rome
Alice in Wonderland ("mostly likely in 3D"- quote from rep)

plus more....not yet added.

Thanks for posting! This sounds great!

How much is it to get the cd like this?

I'd like to know too!! :goodvibes

--------------------------------
Question:

So I found out yesterday that the cruise transfer from our resort at wdw probably won't leave until around 12:30 on embarkation day.

With this said, do you think it's going to be near impossible for us to get a Palo brunch reservation?? This is one thing that I would be booking onboard since I didn't have much luck w/ it online. On one hand, it's a TA, so surely not all brunches would book up the first day...on the other hand, there are only a few brunches.....What do you guys think?

Here is a pic of my new (very first) FE!!!! :banana:(made by Gradysmommy)
url]

Thanks Steve...for the Link :)

As far as the photo CD...I read on the boards that the cd is $300 on the 4 day cruise! (the cost is based on the number of days at sea) Can you imagine what it will be for the EBTA!!!! ummm dont think I will be getting the cd:confused3

I forgot to say earlier..... Nice Tattoo! Dheather:thumbsup2

The 3 day cost is $249.95 and the 4 day is $299.95, the 7 day is $399.95.

The 3 day cost is $249.95 and the 4 day is $299.95, the 7 day is $399.95.

Suppose 2 families had their initial photo taken together (for photo/face recognition reasons) and then purchased 1 CD & split the cost (then burned a copy at home for the other family)? This could make it a bit more affordable!

It says it in the cruise documents on the table of contents page on the bottom.

I would know that if I had my docs already... :rolleyes1

I'm booked on a 10am Delta flight through DCL and am using their transportation so I would imagine that they will have all of us there on time.

Heather, what time do you think we will have to leave the ship to get to the airport on time? Anyone know if we still have to be there 3 hours ahead for an international flight? Or is that just from the US?

Can anyone give me an idea what the cost of air from Barcelona to JFK might be with DCL. I called today but they said that department is off until Monday. Still trying to decide between the EBTA and the 11 night Med.

I don't know if you can get a one way flight from DCL. Just look on one of those places like Expedia, Orbitz or Priceline for one way flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter