Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

Really happy the refurb is happening, but Im just going to leave this picture here.That was the absolute pinnacle themeing in the Wilderness Lodge rooms and I MISS IT SO MUCH. Also, can we get bed runners back already?!? The Disney Wish has them so “unsanitary“ is not an excuse…
72D5115D-E370-453C-A273-6DB935D22193.jpeg

Really happy the refurb is happening, but Im just going to leave this picture here.That was the absolute pinnacle themeing in the Wilderness Lodge rooms and I MISS IT SO MUCH. Also, can we get bed runners back already?!? The Disney Wish has them so “unsanitary“ is not an excuse…
View attachment 707366
I loved the carved headboards and I almost bought on ebay one of the carved bed post animals from the WL rooms.

From what I understand, the bed runners also kept getting stolen. People are why we can't have nice things...

Does anyone know if they added a sleeping surface under the TV for the 1 and 2 bedrooms? They did this with Saratoga and you know longer have to bring your own bedding to sleep 5 or 9.

Does anyone know if they added a sleeping surface under the TV for the 1 and 2 bedrooms? They did this with Saratoga and you know longer have to bring your own bedding to sleep 5 or 9.

We haven't seen any layout details but it's highly doubtful. The VWL connecting doors between 1BR's and studios is in the living area and with the kitchen counter doesn't allow enough space for that type of single murphy bed. At SSR it's by the door in most cases but I think I saw a post or two where the door was in the living area and then didn't get the pull down.
There are all kinds of innovative options now that I think they could figure something out but I don't think they will do anything different for sleeping surfaces.

2 bed lock off villas already sleep 9 because the studios sleep 5 with three sleeping surfaces. I don't believe they will add another sleep surface to the one bedroom because then lock off 2 bedrooms would sleep 10, and I'm pretty sure that is beyond the number of people they want to stay in that room. Nine is pushing the functionality of the room, ten would not be fun and may be a code violation or something. Might be wrong but I don't see it happening.

2 bed lock off villas already sleep 9 because the studios sleep 5 with three sleeping surfaces. I don't believe they will add another sleep surface to the one bedroom because then lock off 2 bedrooms would sleep 10, and I'm pretty sure that is beyond the number of people they want to stay in that room. Nine is pushing the functionality of the room, ten would not be fun and may be a code violation or something. Might be wrong but I don't see it happening.
Yeah it seems to me that their mandate is clear... They want every resort to have at least one unit type that sleeps 5, but they don't seem to care whether it's the Studio or the 1BR. I believe the only one left that can't is Copper Creek.

We haven't seen any layout details but it's highly doubtful. The VWL connecting doors between 1BR's and studios is in the living area and with the kitchen counter doesn't allow enough space for that type of single murphy bed. At SSR it's by the door in most cases but I think I saw a post or two where the door was in the living area and then didn't get the pull down.
There are all kinds of innovative options now that I think they could figure something out but I don't think they will do anything different for sleeping surfaces.
All I had to go on was the pictures that have been posted so far. It appears that the little overhang that is used as a bar area for eating seems to have been removed from the kitchen counter. They removed that at Saratoga and were able to add the twin Murphy so fingers crossed.

The Riviera does sleep 10 with a 2 Bedroom lockout already.

Currently the One Bedroom sleeps 4 but when booking with points you are allowed 5 but have to bring your own bedding.

I am just trying to get the Air mattress out of my Owner's Locker to have room for more stuff!! :)

All I had to go on was the pictures that have been posted so far. It appears that the little overhang that is used as a bar area for eating seems to have been removed from the kitchen counter. They removed that at Saratoga and were able to add the twin Murphy so fingers crossed.
I really hope they don’t. I’m happy with the spacing of the furniture as it was and liked the bar seating. There’s a point where you just have too much humanity in one living space.

I really hope they don’t. I’m happy with the spacing of the furniture as it was and liked the bar seating. There’s a point where you just have too much humanity in one living space.
It looks like the bar stools are still there just not a bar overhang to push them under and you would use the kitchen counter to eat off. Again that is just my speculation from what I can make out in the picture.

1664807692680.png

The Riviera does sleep 10 with a 2 Bedroom lockout already.

Currently the One Bedroom sleeps 4 but when booking with points you are allowed 5 but have to bring your own bedding.

I am just trying to get the Air mattress out of my Owner's Locker to have room for more stuff!! :)
I didn't think about Riveria...but that was built for that sleeping configuration in mind. I'm not sure it'd work at BRV. That's a lot of people in that area.

I didn't think about Riveria...but that was built for that sleeping configuration in mind. I'm not sure it'd work at BRV. That's a lot of people in that area.
I am not sure either. It's not really about the people as they already allow that as long as you bring your own bedding, it is more about not having to deal with an air mattress. We are a family of 4 but we don't share beds if we can help it. I was just hoping they would do something similar that they did with Saratoga that has a very similar floor plan in the one bedrooms and is slightly larger as well.

Yes but as I mentioned in most cases the SSR connecting door is by the entry door to the villa so they have the entire wall. Not so at BRV. BRV is like BWV in that regard.

VGF was the 1st resort built to have the pull down in both studios and 1BR's so sleeping spaces for 10 in a lock-off. The long standing problem with earlier DVC's is they have allowed occupancy of 5 in a 1BR but only had 4 sleeping surfaces. Then VWL/BCV/BWV all got messed up when they changed the occupancy from 4 to 5 during the last decade of refurbs. So the occupancy change was already done 8+ years ago with the studio change.

However DVC doesn't always match occupancy to match sleeping spaces in the opposite way either - BLT and AKV GV's all have more bed space than occupancy allowed. I think VGF too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter