Boulder Ridge Referb

My fear since it has not been officially announced is that these may be the new test rooms since it has been 3 years from when the originals have been leaked. I hope I am wrong.
According to @jlovesee, there seems to be more BRV stuff at Connections than came out of just two rooms, but you never know.

I was just at Cast Member connections this morning and they had a ton of old Boulder Ridge furniture (armoires/tables/chairs etc). I hope that is a positive sign!

Maybe we can get a better sense of how much stuff was there.

My fear since it has not been officially announced is that these may be the new test rooms since it has been 3 years from when the originals have been leaked. I hope I am wrong.
That is a possibility. I need to go up to the 5th floor to see if anything is going on up there.
According to @jlovesee, there seems to be more BRV stuff at Connections than came out of just two rooms, but you never know.

Maybe we can get a better sense of how much stuff was there.
it could be surplus furniture for when things break. I haven’t seen any activity at any other rooms besides the 2 on my floor.

Few more from 4535, apologies if you’re getting sick of these pictures! It’s the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. Appliances are wrapped up.

Attachments

• C2412C6B-D4BF-4685-B52D-96C3A415416B.jpeg
    C2412C6B-D4BF-4685-B52D-96C3A415416B.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 265
  • A92FF808-1427-43F1-91D1-22A42650A199.jpeg
    A92FF808-1427-43F1-91D1-22A42650A199.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 240
  • EFD09235-61E5-4F7C-83EB-C053B675FFFC.jpeg
    EFD09235-61E5-4F7C-83EB-C053B675FFFC.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

That is a possibility. I need to go up to the 5th floor to see if anything is going on up there.

it could be surplus furniture for when things break. I haven’t seen any activity at any other rooms besides the 2 on my floor.
Quite possible. Seems like it would be easier to just redo the two test rooms that are vacant already instead of pulling two more rooms offline. Also, if they are test rooms, unloading all their surplus furniture would seem a bit premature given they’d still need it for ongoing upkeep of the remaining 130+ rooms.

Of course it IS Disney…

Last edited:

This is amazing news! My husband is getting sick of me saying "I wonder when the refurb will begin?" We're booked for Dec 3-10. We're staying at BLT end of September, so I told hubby that we'll have to take a few reconnaisance missions to BRV to see if we can see any action. LOL Thanks for the pictures, very much appreciated! BRV owners have been waiting a long time for this.

Here are a few more from today. They propped the door open, so I just kinda walked in. Construction guy didn’t care! Definitely quieter today, but still disruptive. Not sure what is happening in 4533. This is 4535.
Thank you for this, it is such a welcome surprise! Thank you! You made our year!

Oh, this is a good point. I would be so disappointed if we got all excited that refurb as begun, but it's really just modeling two test rooms.

Are any other rooms being worked on? If it's just these two, then I'm going to tamper down my hopes, especially as there is no verbiage when booking a BRV room in August that there is a refurb ongoing.

Oh, this is a good point. I would be so disappointed if we got all excited that refurb as begun, but it's really just modeling two test rooms.

Are any other rooms being worked on? If it's just these two, then I'm going to tamper down my hopes, especially as there is no verbiage when booking a BRV room in August that there is a refurb ongoing.
But then why wouldn't they just re-do the two "outdated" test rooms that they already have that are already offline, and take two more rooms offline? Plus, there's that sign...

ETA: There's also the fact that, regardless of how many rooms they are working on, and for what reason, there is still construction going on and they haven't noticed it on the site. So I don't tknow that that is a valid concern because it's still a refurb and it's still construction.

But then why wouldn't they just re-do the two "outdated" test rooms that they already have that are already offline, and take two more rooms offline? Plus, there's that sign...

ETA: There's also the fact that, regardless of how many rooms they are working on, and for what reason, there is still construction going on and they haven't noticed it on the site. So I don't tknow that that is a valid concern because it's still a refurb and it's still construction.
No doubt we are excited about anything happening at this time but I am afraid this is just happening to settle us down. It seems like they would close a floor and gut multiple rooms and not just two. They can make two more test rooms and announce it in the next DVC meeting and continue to kick the can down the road. Not trying to be negative just realistic. Seems like they would share the new test rooms and give a date before starting the refurb. I will stay optimistic we see more rooms gutted here in the next couple of days. We will there the week of Thanksgiving so I will be able to share what we find then.

No doubt we are excited about anything happening at this time but I am afraid this is just happening to settle us down. It seems like they would close a floor and gut multiple rooms and not just two. They can make two more test rooms and announce it in the next DVC meeting and continue to kick the can down the road. Not trying to be negative just realistic. Seems like they would share the new test rooms and give a date before starting the refurb. I will stay optimistic we see more rooms gutted here in the next couple of days. We will there the week of Thanksgiving so I will be able to share what we find then.
Shutting down a floor would mean 20% of the rooms in the building. I don't see that happening. Plus, I really don’t think they’re that concerned with our feelings that they’d waste even 5 bucks on settling anyone down. Oh, and they never actually shared the last test rooms.

Last edited:
Shutting down a floor would mean 20% of the rooms in the building. I f doing see that happening. Plus, I really don’t think they’re that concerned with our feelings that they’d waste even 5 bucks on settling anyone down. Oh, and they never actually shared the last test rooms.
I guess your right sadly. Did they ever share the test rooms at the new Grand Floridian rooms before they were complete? I did not keep up with that refurb so much. I think we will get a good idea of what they are really up to after a couple of weeks as long as we have someone on the ground reporting.

That is exactly what it was, a jackhammer breaking up the tile. And I was wrong, it was the room next door even though the FD manager said it was upstairs. It’s 4535 that the demo has started. I kind of barged into the room when the construction workers were destroying it and took a few pictures, I’ll try and attach them. I was a little frustrated we were not notified in advance, we got a VM about fireworks testing but nothing about a complete demo next door! I am glad it’s happening, would have preferred it not to be literally next door! I’ll see if I can get more tomorrow.
Is that a mickey pants dumpster? 😂

96A8E099-07E7-4784-96D9-13122A4FE848.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter