Boulder Ridge Referb

That is exactly what it was, a jackhammer breaking up the tile. And I was wrong, it was the room next door even though the FD manager said it was upstairs. It’s 4535 that the demo has started. I kind of barged into the room when the construction workers were destroying it and took a few pictures, I’ll try and attach them. I was a little frustrated we were not notified in advance, we got a VM about fireworks testing but nothing about a complete demo next door! It glad it’s happening! I’ll see if I can get more tomorrow.
Thanks for the photos. That's a 2 bed dedicated, or should be according to Touring Plans. May they already finished demoing the 5th floor and have moved on...I can dream, right?

That is exactly what it was, a jackhammer breaking up the tile. And I was wrong, it was the room next door even though the FD manager said it was upstairs. It’s 4535 that the demo has started. I kind of barged into the room when the construction workers were destroying it and took a few pictures, I’ll try and attach them. I was a little frustrated we were not notified in advance, we got a VM about fireworks testing but nothing about a complete demo next door! It glad it’s happening! I’ll see if I can get more tomorrow.
Is that one of the queen size Murphy beds standing up near the wall on the right? Kinda looks like bedsprings on one side. But it seems it would be awful early to put it in the room!

That area should have been all vinyl flooring from the last refurb. Or maybe it's a studio - then carpet. If they chiseled out any kitchen/bathroom tile already they are moving nicely on the demo. Crazy that they didn't think they should take the room next door out of service though. :sad2:
If you look closely at the first pic, you'll see that the flooring is in fact that brown faux-wood vinyl strip flooring

I could never do a job making noise like that in a resort where people are resting.

It was wrong for them to have told you they thought they removed enough rooms so no one would be impacted, only to find out it was next door. If they didn't know, wouldn't it have been better to say nothing and do research into it than offer up an excuse that comes across as a lie?

makes complete sense that this started as we changed our reservation for March from BRV to Poly two days ago..
😂

I was thinking it would start Oct.1 and be tight for March but hopefully they come out looking like the model. They’ll probably up the buybacks here in a few months.

Here’s a photo of the hallway in front of the rooms being refurbished, I think 4533 is also being done. The rug is covered in a few layers of Saran Wrap. The refurbishment sign went up at some point between 6:30pm and 9pm tonight. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. I was talking with a FD host this evening & he told me supposedly they were unaware of the construction starting and says DVD often does this without telling the hotel side of the business (we are a cash stay).

Attachments

• 58FDB74F-6032-4475-8303-B77F0BCB87CB.jpeg
    58FDB74F-6032-4475-8303-B77F0BCB87CB.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 3CDD76FC-82F0-4CBC-991E-63315E463F28.jpeg
    3CDD76FC-82F0-4CBC-991E-63315E463F28.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 339
Here are a few more from today. They propped the door open, so I just kinda walked in. Construction guy didn’t care! Definitely quieter today, but still disruptive. Not sure what is happening in 4533. This is 4535.

Attachments

• BD000990-C095-407B-9045-33728ED00D66.jpeg
    BD000990-C095-407B-9045-33728ED00D66.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 776FB5D9-FEFF-4F06-BCF2-ED9C6600CFCC.jpeg
    776FB5D9-FEFF-4F06-BCF2-ED9C6600CFCC.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 291
  • B6934B02-732A-43A6-987E-8DC831DF7063.jpeg
    B6934B02-732A-43A6-987E-8DC831DF7063.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 286
In your first photo, is that the old sofabed that wasn't removed yet or are they keeping them? I was hoping to get the new Murphy beds.

In your first photo, is that the old sofabed that wasn't removed yet or are they keeping them? I was hoping to get the new Murphy beds.
Would not read too much into the sofa still being there. On a total refurb all new furniture is used. They just did not get around to removing.

Would not read too much into the sofa still being there. On a total refurb all new furniture is used. They just did not get around to removing.
If you look in the first photos, they're using big demo carts to haul everything out (probably in the service elevator). The sofa bed is too big to fit in a rolling cart, and also weighs a ton.

Yes, it was the old sofa bed. I think they are getting rid of it, though it was still in the room today. I took a few more pictures, one of the construction guys took me on a tour of both 4533 and 4535, it’s a 1BR connecting to a studio. They totally destroyed both. I will post the pictures later on.

Last edited:
My fear since it has not been officially announced is that these may be the new test rooms since it has been 3 years from when the originals have been leaked. I hope I am wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter