• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

bought my tickets--what do I need to know about Expedia???

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Here is what happened. I have been looking at flights from Dayton to Orlando and they have been running about $190 on Delta.com. Flights from Toledo are about $250, more for decent times. We have a cousin in Dayton we can stay with for free and leave our car at her house.
Today I checked Delta.com and the flights were up to $240!! I was really mad at myself-that is $250 more for our family of 5. I checked Expedia and the flight was still $194, so I booked it, figuring it would go up as well.
I have printed out my itinerary, have my itinerary ##--according to the site, that and an ID will get me into the airport. I am used to Delta mailing me a confirmation, but I guess I won't get that now.
Is there anything else I will need to get us onto the plane? I booked seats and everything. The one thing I noticed is that is says "Check back in 24 hours" under airline tickets numbers.
Someone reassure me about Expedia!
Robin M.

I used Expedia to buy tix for my upcoming trip... so as far as I know, all I'll need is my e-ticket receipt (although I have an itinerary/receipt from American as well.) Here's my Expedia advice though: CHECK YOUR ITINERARY OFTEN. Airlines have a tendency to change their flight numbers, times, etc and they will automatically adjust your flights as they see fit. However I have found Expedia to be very poor in informing travellers of the changes.

Once, we got booked onto totally different flights and the only warning I had that anything was wrong was that I happened to go to Expedia and before viewing my itinerary, there was a page telling me to call Expedia. They will update your schedule over the phone with you. A few days later we got an email saying that American had made some changes (referring back to the original changes.) Too little, too late!

Hope that helps!

At least you were able to get booked. I tried and after I put in my info it came back stating the fare had gone up by $120.00 do you want to continue. I said yes, and then got another message that said it had gone up another $100.00, So I canceled. I went to the Airline site and they showed this flight as being booked. I tried an hour later and was finally able to book the same flight through Expedia for $210.00 more then the original quote. No e-tickets available so they will be mailing me my tickets. Only question is the airline is Airtran. I'm flying with kids. Will they sit them with me or have them through out the plane???

I always use Expedia to book flights. I fly home to Mass from Indiana often, so I use Expedia quite a bit. I just show up at the airport with my ID, tell them what flight I'm on and get my boarding pass.
As lilsonicfan says, check your itinerary on Expedia for any changes. I've never had any problems with schedule changes, but I do make sure I confirm everything a few days before I leave.
The "check back in 24 hours" line will change to ticket numbers in a day or so.

Have a good trip!

My family and I travel on Delta quite often. This is just a suggestion, If this were to happen to you on Expedia again, call Delta imediately. Tell them your flight information and ask for the cheapest seats available for your flights...They may give you a lower price than their web site and expedia. Also a family member works for Delta, DH and I were told if we buy tickets via the telephone versus the internet and we see our flights on their web site at a later time with cheaper rates they would reimburse us for the difference. On the other hand if you book via Delta.com and call Delta's 800 number at a later date and are quoted a lower price, you cannot get the price difference...That happend to us last year.

As for this year I've been searching Delta.com and Expedia for flights for our August trip to WDW and I keep getting $239, so the other night I called Delta's 800 number and got a price of $196 for the same flights on. You know what we are going for!!! :p

don't worry about expedia. I have used them often and have never had any problems.

Thanks to Rock'n Robin for your post. I have been checking several times a day for flights on Delta from Dayton. After reading your post I went right on the site and checked the price for our trip in July.

The flights I wanted were 189.50. They have been that for about two weeks now and I decided to book. My husband called and asked for the cheapest flights for our days and they were the same price. We certainly can't afford to fly out of Cincinnati anymore!!!

Being the trip planner I would have felt awful if the prices went higher. We are traveling with six other adults and an infant.

Thanks again!

Kathy

You should receive an e-mail from expedia, this will be your e-tickets. You can also print this out. You need to have the ticket numbers noted on the receipt you bring to the airport now, as this is how it was explained to me by US Airways. So, check back with expedia in the 24 hours, or when you get that e-mail, you'll be all set. Just don't forget your picture id!!!

I have reprinted out the itinerary with the ticket numbers and am filing that away. I don't have an EMail yet. The itinerary says "E ticket purchase has been confirmed by the airline. No tickets will be mailed. Airline check-in locations require government issued photo ID and may request proof of current date travel (such as a printed copy of this itinerary or a printed recepit) to issue a boarding pass".
Does anyone know if I can use this receipt at curbside check-in? Does Dayton even HAVE curbside check-in?
Nathan's grandma, you are welcome!:D Checking back today I saw that two flights are back at $189 on Delta, but both don't leave until noon. The earlier flights are $273! So I'm glad I got $194. Toledo is still $386. I really don't understand that one; I've booked this early before and never paid more than $200 from Toledo.
Robin M.

Yes, this receipt is all you'll need to check-in as well curb-side check-in if you want to. Unforunately, I can't help with they Dayton airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter