Bought fully loaded - contract had 0 points

TonyaG83

Mouseketeer
Has this happened to anyone else? I have no idea how to proceed with my resale company or title company and if I even have any way to get this rectified as I am now the owner.

I purchased a 100pt Poly contract with 200 points for 2019 (100 banked from 2018), and 100 coming for 2029. As per DVC, contract was stripped upon transfer so I now have 0 of the 300 points I should have received. I also paid the seller for 2019 dues and am responsible for 2020 dues. I’m reviewing my closing documents and don’t see anywhere that states explicitly that I would receive the points upon. Losing even though the listing was advertise that way.

Since this is resale, I can’t really ask DVC fo help. What can I do?

Has this happened to anyone else? I have no idea how to proceed with my resale company or title company and if I even have any way to get this rectified as I am now the owner.

I purchased a 100pt Poly contract with 200 points for 2019 (100 banked from 2018), and 100 coming for 2029. As per DVC, contract was stripped upon transfer so I now have 0 of the 300 points I should have received. I also paid the seller for 2019 dues and am responsible for 2020 dues. I’m reviewing my closing documents and don’t see anywhere that states explicitly that I would receive the points upon. Losing even though the listing was advertise that way.

Since this is resale, I can’t really ask DVC fo help. What can I do?
When my offer was first accepted, the contract I signed when I put in the deposit had a clause about compensation if the contract had less than the points allotted. I think the compensation was $20 per point. Did you check the original contract? What company did you use? I would contact the resale company first.

Definitely contact the broker. The contract should state exactly how many points are left on the contract. Ask the broker to intervene on your behalf with the seller, and let us know how it goes. This isn't a problem for the title company. It should be between you, the seller, and the broker.

Good Luck with this issue!

Great3

So the first thing that happens is that your contract is created as a "shell" by member administration (MA). At this point you can look at the contract online and it will show 0 points available. This is because after MA creates the shell it goes back to Member Services (MS) to populate the points. The timeline between MA passing it off to MS and MS populating the points can be 1-3 weeks. I would call back MS and ask when the points will be populated to the contract, assuming you recently gained access to the contract online. It is simply likely that MS hasn't populated the points yet. It's possible when you called the MS CM gave a blanket answer the points must be gone without realizing the contract was just created.

Also MA verifies each contract being sold and part of the process is Estoppel that verifies what the contract says it is getting vs what is there in reality. So if the prior owners truly stripped the contracts then your resale company failed on their end. When I bought points were labeled as 2018 points; however, I understood them to be 2017 points banked forward and DVC made me sign an addendum to verify I understood that.

I too wonder if this is just a case of the points not being loaded yet. Your documents will say what you bought.

I would still contact the broker and tell them of your concerns and to verify with the seller that they did not do anything with the contract.

But, if you just bought and it just showed up, then i wouldn’t quite worry yet, especially since you say nothing is there.

Totally normal - try to relax. We closed and sweated it out because the contract points had not loaded and we were in our 11 month window to book our trip for next summer...AND there just happened to be a hurricane headed for WDW. Obviously we could not call as the WDW folks had more pressing matters. Sure enough, the points loaded DURING the hurricane - no problem.

Thanks so much to all for the info. I’m hoping the person at Member Services who I spoke to was just misinformed/couldn’t see the back end and that the points are on a delay.

When we bought our resale contract a few months ago, it took I want to say almost 3 weeks for the points to go into the account. Don’t worry too much. If you’re coming up on a booking window, I would call Disney and see if they either have an estimate of when the points will go into your account or if they’ve been used. That’s what we did and they told us it could take up to a month for the points to be put into your account. Good luck!

Thanks so much to all for the info. I’m hoping the person at Member Services who I spoke to was just misinformed/couldn’t see the back end and that the points are on a delay.

I had the same issue until I got the tip on here to call Member Administration. I had to give them a little info, and they were able to verify I did have points coming. As others said, it takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for points to show up after the contract appears on the website.

I would say if you are still worried, call Member Admin. You might have more luck than with Member Services.

I am going through the resale process for the first time myself, as others have stated the contract should state exactly what you are buying.
I understood that when they issue the estoppel you should also see exactly what is in the contract/status of points and mf payments. Is this not the case, and if it is, shouldn't the OP be able to verify himself/herself by reviewing it? Or do they not send you a copy of the estoppel? I would like to see it myself so I am not sweating it out like the OP when my contract shows 0 for a few weeks.

I am looking at the "Deposit Receipt and Contract for Sale and Purchase" from a resale purchase.

Item # 10 in that document specified the number of points I was to receive from prior years and future years.

Like others have stated when they make the account it will have 0 points. Then another department will add the points in about a week. Been there done that, know what your going through. Take a deep breath and relax. It is way faster then ROFR. Congratulations PVB is a nice resort.

When they made our account, it had points on right away.

How long ago? My resale contracts 2 years ago took a few days to how points. My direct showed right away.
Maybe its just either done differently now, or they are swamped and taking longer.

My contract shows 0pts until 2022, been like that since I got welcome email a week ago, not worried yet

This, exactly TonyaG83. If in the DVC member points section, it shows 0 points for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, than you know the points haven't loaded it, and it shouldn't be a problem.

It's 2019, so at most, only 2019 and 2020 points can be transferred away, so 2021 and 2022 would have the full allotment of points.

Now, if in that section, you see 0 points for 2019 and 2020, but the full 100 points for 2021 and 2022, that means the points have been loaded already, than there really is a problem. If it's all zero points across all years, than just wait, the points haven't been populated yet, and it will, just might take 2 weeks.

Hope that ease your worries on how to tell if points got loaded yet or not.

Great3

My latest one just took 10 days from it appearing (with nil points ) to having the points loaded. They also seem to be doing this on a Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter