Borrowing?

PaulW08

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

So can someone clear up the borrowing restriction for me? I have a DEC 100 point contract and let’s say I’m using 60 in the 2023 use year.

From my understanding I can borrow up to 50 points, or in this case the whole 40 left. Today I called to try to get 24 points borrowed for a reservation modification and was told because I’m using 60 points in 2023, I can only borrow 20 points for 2022 since that’s half of what is left.

Does that sound right? Was I just misinterpreting the 50% rule thinking it was 50% of the total contract?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I assume you mean Dec 2022 UY as that is the one that starts on December 1, 2022. You can borrow 50 points total from that contract. So it shouldn't be a problem UNLESS you already borrowed some for a different reservation.

Hi all,

So can someone clear up the borrowing restriction for me? I have a DEC 100 point contract and let’s say I’m using 60 in the 2023 use year.

From my understanding I can borrow up to 50 points, or in this case the whole 40 left. Today I called to try to get 24 points borrowed for a reservation modification and was told because I’m using 60 points in 2023, I can only borrow 20 points for 2022 since that’s half of what is left.

Does that sound right? Was I just misinterpreting the 50% rule thinking it was 50% of the total contract?

Thanks in advance everyone!
That doesn't sound right to me. The limit has always been 50% of the number of points in the contract per UY. If you had borrowed 40 points first and then made the reservation that used 2023 points, you still borrowed 40 points. Doing it in the reverse order should have no impact on borrowing. Call back.

ETA: ACK! December UY trips me up all of the time! A reservation in 2023 used your 2022 UY points. If you already borrowed 2022 points for a reservation that fell between Dec. 1, 2021 -Nov. 30 2022 then it would affect how many more you can borrow for additional nights during that time frame.

I assume you mean Dec 2022 UY as that is the one that starts on December 1, 2022. You can borrow 50 points total from that contract. So it shouldn't be a problem UNLESS you already borrowed some for a different reservation.
Okay, that sounds correct. I have not borrowed at all from this contract so I assume I’m just getting the error that a lot of others get when borrowing. Unsure why member services told me otherwise.

Okay, that sounds correct. I have not borrowed at all from this contract so I assume I’m just getting the error that a lot of others get when borrowing. Unsure why member services told me otherwise.
Yep, try someone else or just try online.

Try chat instead of calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter