Borrowing and Waitlisting

Avenger9873

Buffalo New York
I have my first DVC trip scheduled. I had a reservation at AOA and canceled it when my DVC contract closed but because the trip was soon (February) I had to book 4 nights at 4 different resorts. In order to do it I had to borrow points. I also put in a waitlist for those same days at a single resort. The points needed if the waitlist comes through would be less than I borrowed. What happens to the borrowed points if I go with the waitlist and cancel the other reservations?

Any points you borrowed will be used first to cover any nights booked. If the Waitlisted rooms come through and it’s less than what you have booked, and all the points were borrowed, then those borrowed points would expire at the end of the UY your trip.

What I would do is continue to stalk the website to modify the single nights to at least get a few nights in the same room vs. 4.

Do not worry if you end up with individual reservations as MS can combine them if they are the same room type and resort,

But, a question I have is when you set up the waitlist, did you set it up to replace all the individual nights? If not, I’d call MS and have them note that.

It will be harder to get 4 nights as all have to become available but what you don’t want is to borrow more points than you need.

Any points you borrowed will be used first to cover any nights booked. If the Waitlisted rooms come through and it’s less than what you have booked, and all the points were borrowed, then those borrowed points would expire at the end of the UY your trip.

What I would do is continue to stalk the website to modify the single nights to at least get a few nights in the same room vs. 4.

Do not worry if you end up with individual reservations as MS can combine them if they are the same room type and resort,

But, a question I have is when you set up the waitlist, did you set it up to replace all the individual nights? If not, I’d call MS and have them note that.

It will be harder to get 4 nights as all have to become available but what you don’t want is to borrow more points than you need.
Thank you. That’s what I thought. If I go in February and took them from October of 2020. I would need to use them before then.

So borrowing them from October of 2020 use year to use for February of 2020 means they end when exactly? Am I right to say before October of 2020?

So borrowing them from October of 2020 use year to use for February of 2020 means they end when exactly? Am I right to say before October of 2020?

Yes, Your Feb 2020 trip is in your Oct 2019 UY. Any borrowed points need to be used by September 30, 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter