Booking through Costco

Junebug1029

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
We are booking through Costco again because of our placeholder. When we looked on the Costco website, there were different room availabilities from the DCL website. Anyone know why this is the case?
Thanks,
June

My understanding is that this is a sample of what is available. If you want something different that is showing available on the DCL website, Costco should be able to book for you when you call in.

Costco can see all of the available rooms that DCL has available. Call in to request the room that you see on DCL's site, and they'll have it. Even DCL's site doesn't show all rooms that are available. The only way to know for sure if it's available, if you don't see it online, is to call in and ask. I don't even bother looking at Costco's site.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I would think in today’s technology, everything would be correct online. We booked this morning, so everything worked out. Now we just wait 551 days and keep it a secret from the kids. Eeks!

Costco will give you a sampling of what's available, but they are TAs, not resellers, so any room that's available on DCL will be available to book with Costco. You might have to call them to get your desired room and they will call DCL to make the booking.

Curiously, I've found (unless it's been recently fixed) that deck 9 4As on Costco always look unavailable, even on opening day and when they show up on DCL. It's definitely a glitch in their programming, as the rooms are available for booking, just not through the online system.

Thanks for sharing. Good to know that it isn’t just me seeing or not seeing the existing rooms.

This happened to us. We booked on the first day of general availability on the Costco Travel website, and couldn't find any pair of Deluxe Family Oceanview connecting rooms. We settled for a pair of connecting Verandahs instead. After I saw this thread I went on the Disney site and found several pairs, so called into Costco and switched to one of the pairs, it took around 30 minutes but they were very pleasant to work with while they worked the phones with Disney, and now we have exactly what we were looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter