Booking Rivera

All of my points are post 1/19 and I was also able to book a room online at Riveria.
I have since cancelled the reservation since I don’t need it.
I suspect it’s an IT issue. Since closing dates have such variability, they would need to manually input whether each resale contract that closed in the past 4 months was submitted for ROFR pre or post 1/19.
Remains to be seen when/if this loophole is closed or if the restrictions have been relaxed for a transition period.

I kept my reservation for a week with no issue.. I’ll cancel today so someone can enjoy the resort. This contract went through ROFR in March. But it does have the same use year as my direct contract.

perhaps this turns out to be an issue after all...

I was told:

Effective January 19, 2019, Club Members at all other DVC Resorts, including any future DVC Resorts, who purchase an Ownership Interest at any DVC Resort other than Riviera Resort, including at any future DVC Resort, from a third party other than directly from DVD, or other seller approved by DVD, may not convert the Vacation Points related to the Ownership Interest from the other DVC Resort to DVC Vacation Points to reserve Vacation Homes at Riviera Resort through the DVC Reservation Component. Purchasers who purchase an Ownership Interest at any DVC Resort, other than Riviera Resort, from a Club Member who owned the Ownership Interest prior to January 19, 2019, are excluded from the prohibition set forth in this Paragraph 2.
I was told this sentence in no way was to mean that if you purchase from an owner who owned prior to 1/19/19 you would be allowed to use Riviera. They said this was to say if you bought prior to 1/19/19 you would be grandfathered in no matter what.

They said legal would follow up in next week and they would give me a call back. But they said they do not intend at all to do what the thought might have been.

This was all told to me by leadership in Qualitu Assurance so he is going up to his higher department which is legal and compliance.

perhaps this turns out to be an issue after all...
I spoke with Legal and Compliance (same as I spoke with for the point reallocations) and Y confirmed the sentence was not very clear. The newer documents make the restrictions very clear (just as we all understood them to be until issues in this thread showed) in that any contract bought resale after 1/19/19 wouldn’t have access to DRR (unless it was a DRR contract of course). My guess is an IT issue and I hope they correct or clarify it soon because there could be some very upset people who: 1) booked reservation at DRR for Disney to cancel if this is a bug or 2) made purchases based on restrictions that they said would be there, but appear to be functioning differently.

As an aside I could get through making a reservation with my resale contract from post restrictions. I didn’t confirm the reservation since that would of required borrowing points which I didn’t want to do for a test.

When trying to book an entirely different resort, not Riviera, a few weeks ago, the message I was getting was a) I was trying to book before Riviera opened (I wasn’t, it was after) and b) My Riviera points were not eligible to work until after it opened. I don’t have any Riviera points!

So I just tried again to book Rivera - but after selecting my new contract the Rivera options disappears. Selecting a pre 1/19 contract the Rivera option is returning as an option.

Dont know when this was implemented but it now seems that Disney is enforcing the restriction that post 1/19 resale contracts can't book Rivera.

So I just tried again to book Rivera - but after selecting my new contract the Rivera options disappears. Selecting a pre 1/19 contract the Rivera option is returning as an option.

Dont know when this was implemented but it now seems that Disney is enforcing the restriction that post 1/19 resale contracts can't book Rivera.

Yep. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago with my VGC contract that is post-1/19.

I just tried to select Riviera with my pre 1/19 contract and Riviera is not an option. A bit concerned right now.

I have one contract that was purchased after 1/19. It is the only one that does not show up when trying to book Riviera. All others, including the one that closed in December, are available to use during the booking process.

I just tried to select Riviera with my pre 1/19 contract and Riviera is not an option. A bit concerned right now.
I have long time direct contract and had new post 1/19 resale added last week. I cannot select riviera with my direct contract now.

I have long time direct contract and had new post 1/19 resale added last week. I cannot select riviera with my direct contract now.

That’s concerning that you can’t use your pre 1/19 contract to select riviera. I would call ms and have them fix it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter