Booking extras

Jhondy

Mouseketeer
I get why disney (and most other cruise lines) let those who book concierge or those who sail with them often first, but, selfishly as someone who is only silver and doesnt book concierge, I wish everything opened for everyone at the same time like it does disney (well I guess on site has an advantage for being able to book entire visit and not one day at a time).

I just saw that a princess meet and greet is going to be available on cruises after mid July. It says it can be booked 30 days before sailing but concierge can book sooner than that. I’m very nervous with being on the Wish that I won’t be able to get to book any of the extras cause it’s all going to be booked up by concierge or those with high status then me. I do realize when/if we ever get higher status that I’ll love this perk but I’m starting to regret my decision to book the Wish given the price and likely lack of ability to book activities.

I keep thinking to change cruises so that we have a longer cruise for the same cost as Wish and better chance of booking special activities (which I really only want things for my 3 year old) but the cost of airfare has gone up quite a bit since I booked airfare that it is causing me to hesitate on switching…honestly, at this point, I’m just waiting for reviews on what the ship looks like and the activities they have for everyone (I.e. don’t have to pre-book) before deciding what to do.

Keep in mind that many people travelling in Concierge or who have traveled many times on DCL are traveling without kids or with older kids and won't be interested in the activites you want for your 3 year old.

The activities that get filled up by Concierge/Platinum are typically those that (a) have very limited availability and (b) appeal to adults. This includes Cabanas at Castaway Cay (for which there are more Concierge cabins than cabanas available), alcohol tastings, Palo and Remy. (The adult experiences on the Wish are probably in this group too.)

It is possible that Royal Tea/Picnic with Olaf and the Nursery would be filled quickly, because there aren't a lot of seats relative to the size of the ship. Meet-and-greets, though, have much larger capacity. Even if all Concierge guests do book the Royal Gathering before booking opens for everyone else, there will still be dozens of tickets available each day the Gathering is offered.

There will also be many informal character meets that don't require advance reservation at all.

I'm not booked on the Wish, so I don't have a good idea of how booking are going. I am booked on the Magic this summer, which I expect to have a large number of Platinum guests based on my previous European sailings, and even a few weeks after "new cruiser" bookings opened, at least half the tastings and excursions were still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter