Booking cruise through Disney or Costco?

Hi Jodie! We're just down Rt 288 in Chesterfield, small world!! This is our first Disney Cruise, so we thought we'd take the kids (DD 9, DS 7) on a trip of a lifetime while we celebrate my 40th bday and DH's 40th bday. Luckily college is still a few years off for us, otherwise we'd be in the same situation.

No one even came close to matching Costco's prices and we've already saved $800 by rebooking when I saw a lower fare, and they waived the $25 change fee as well. I'll keep watching and hoping it drops more too.:yay:

Fun way to celebrate your 40th! Enjoy!

How soon after your cruise do you get the card? I am low on many staples we buy from Costco and I would wait to buy if I know the card will come soon after we get back.

Thanks!

"How soon after your cruise do you get the card?"

Ours arrived about 1-1/2 weeks after our cruise.

I apologize if this has already been posted but its early and I'm sick and haven't read through all posts.

We are looking at booking through Costco. DU offered a $200 OBC but Costco is offering a $310 Costco card. Since we go there every other week, that's a better incentive for our family. If Disney comes out with a better fare or promotion can the booking through Costco be adjusted? Is it a pain to do so? Not that I foresee our rate going down, but just curious. Thanks!

I apologize if this has already been posted but its early and I'm sick and haven't read through all posts.

We are looking at booking through Costco. DU offered a $200 OBC but Costco is offering a $310 Costco card. Since we go there every other week, that's a better incentive for our family. If Disney comes out with a better fare or promotion can the booking through Costco be adjusted? Is it a pain to do so? Not that I foresee our rate going down, but just curious. Thanks!

I believe you can have them adjust, but there is a change fee. I would call them to confirm the amount.

How soon after your cruise do you get the card? I am low on many staples we buy from Costco and I would wait to buy if I know the card will come soon after we get back.

Thanks!

Ours arrived in the mail within a week of our disembarkation date, I was very surprised it came so soon. We got off the Wonder on a Sunday and had it by the following Saturday.

wvuflu said:
No one even came close to matching Costco's prices and we've already saved $800 by rebooking when I saw a lower fare, and they waived the $25 change fee as well. I'll keep watching and hoping it drops more too.:yay:

So, if I book today with Costco and a better fare comes out I can get it adjusted with a $25 fee? I think that may have answered my last question about who to book through. Thanks!

Does anyone know if costco can book the special rates for military or Florida residents and do you still get the gift card?

Nancy

Does anyone know if costco can book the special rates for military or Florida residents and do you still get the gift card?

Nancy

My parents booked a military rate for one of the Pixar cruises through Costco. -- Suzanne

Can you book the *GT rate through Costco?

I'm under the impression that anything DCL offers, you can get through a TA, including Costco. I believe that when you book a new res, Costco links directly to DCL and quotes whatever price DCL is currently showing. You should verify this w/ Costco though.

Of course, you can always book on your own through DCL and then transfer later. I did this because I wanted to pay with gift cards, and Costco won't take those (nor will they take the Disney rewards cards). So I paid my balance down quite a bit through DCL and then transferred it to Costco. This thread saved me quite a bit of money!

Of course, you can always book on your own through DCL and then transfer later. I did this because I wanted to pay with gift cards, and Costco won't take those (nor will they take the Disney rewards cards). So I paid my balance down quite a bit through DCL and then transferred it to Costco. This thread saved me quite a bit of money!

Oh, so how do you pay if you don't have an Amex? I guess this would make a big difference to me.

When I lived in California I could order the So Cal Disney passes through Costco online and I'm sure I paid with a visa card (since that's all I have).

Also, I had to pay in full when I booked using the Florida rate since it was inside the 75 days. It wouldn't be possible to book directly and then transfer, so whoever books it (direct, TA, Costco) that has to be the deal for you.

Nancy

Oh, so how do you pay if you don't have an Amex? I guess this would make a big difference to me.

When I lived in California I could order the So Cal Disney passes through Costco online and I'm sure I paid with a visa card (since that's all I have).

Also, I had to pay in full when I booked using the Florida rate since it was inside the 75 days. It wouldn't be possible to book directly and then transfer, so whoever books it (direct, TA, Costco) that has to be the deal for you.

Nancy

Yeah - if you're doing it last minute, you'd have to do it directly through the TA for sure.

It says on the Costco Travel website (under FAQ's) that they accept Visa, Mastercard, and AMEX.

Jodie

I'm under the impression that anything DCL offers, you can get through a TA, including Costco. I believe that when you book a new res, Costco links directly to DCL and quotes whatever price DCL is currently showing. You should verify this w/ Costco though.

Excellent info to have as I will be paying with GCs also to get the fuel points.

Excellent info to have as I will be paying with GCs also to get the fuel points.

I do the Target Red Card 10%. How much do you get w/ fuel points? I did buy some GC's when Kroger did the 4x promo, but when I crunched the numbers, the Target deal worked out better (of course it only works if you have the pharmacy coupon).

Be careful how much you pay down before transferring. I left a $42 balance on mine, and then I noticed a couple days later that the balance due was only $12. My fare had been reduced by a lower fuel surcharge or taxes or something. You must have SOME balance due in order to transfer.

Jodie

If I understand; I can book a dummy cruise while onboard, get the 10%,give DCL gift cards that I buy at Target. When the cruise is almost paid for I transfer to Costco and book my real cruise and get a Costco card for $300 to $700. This really works for me as I book three veranda rooms per cruise and savings x three is fantastic.

If I understand; I can book a dummy cruise while onboard, get the 10%,give DCL gift cards that I buy at Target. When the cruise is almost paid for I transfer to Costco and book my real cruise and get a Costco card for $300 to $700. This really works for me as I book three veranda rooms per cruise and savings x three is fantastic.

Not quite. You book the dummy date while onboard to get the 10% discount. When you find a cruise you want, then transfer your dummy cruise over to that one. At this point your res is still with DCL. Pay your cruise down w/ gift cards purchased from Target at the 10% discount. Then before final payment is due, transfer to Costco to get the cash card.

My understanding is you must name Costco or any TA you use onboard when you book. When you get back home call Costco/TA and they will transfer the ressie. I thought it had to be transferred within a month or two to get the full costco/TA $. But if ressie is a true dummy to be moved in the future I think costco charges a fee to move dates. My 2 cents.

My understanding is you must name Costco or any TA you use onboard when you book. When you get back home call Costco/TA and they will transfer the ressie. I thought it had to be transferred within a month or two to get the full costco/TA $. But if ressie is a true dummy to be moved in the future I think costco charges a fee to move dates. My 2 cents.

This used to be Costco's rule, but not anymore. I called to verify and just did this a few weeks ago. Costco allowed me to transfer the res and said I would get the full cash card value ($215 on a $2,900 fare). I transferred only 4 weeks before the final payment deadline.

Yes, Costco does charge a change fee. Thats why I would get your res finalized while still with DCL, and then do the transfer. Also, Costco does not take gift cards, so if you're paying down with those, do it before you transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter