Booking BCV studio at 7 or 11 months?

vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
I am renting points from a member for January 2020 and wondering how risky I can be with waiting until the 7 month window or just using a service to book at 11 months. With SWGE and the popularity of Beach Club I am concerned. In the past, I have been able to get the studio for a week at 7 months, but I am a bit antsy this time.

Want to weigh in with your personal thoughts and shake the hypothetical magic 8 ball?

If you're ok with having a backup plan in place then waiting is fine but it is difficult for a studio at BC at 7 months. SWGE is the unknown for how it will affect things but it certainly won't make it easier! I'd get something in place ahead of 7 months myself.

If you're ok with having a backup plan in place then waiting is fine but it is difficult for a studio at BC at 7 months. SWGE is the unknown for how it will affect things but it certainly won't make it easier! I'd get something in place ahead of 7 months myself.

Yea we really want BCV so like you said, it's all about risk. I think we will try to get it at 11 months and pay the premium price if need be. I had heard rumors that December filled really fast at 11 months. I know that's a completely different month, but I am not sure January will be all that slow.

If time includes the Wednesday through Sunday of marathon weekend, Jan 8 to 12, then you should assume you have no chance at all at 7 months out and, in fact, you better get that reservation as close to 11 months out as possible. Also, if you are looking for Jan 1 or 2 you will likely be out of luck at 7 months out. For Jan 3 through 7, some chance at 7 months out but more likely one or more of those days will be gone before 7 months out. If you want time that begins the Monday after marathon weekend to Jan 31, then in the past, chances have been good to get a BCV studio 7 months out, but Star Wars may affect that.

Studios seem to always be hard to book at seven months out.

We we're able to secure a studio at 7 months out last year at BCV. However, with Star Wars opening? I'd personally be too scared to wait. We're renting through an owner for next January at BWV's and I'm still nervous at 11 months out. We just have NO idea how fast it'll book up.

I would do the 11 month window for BC. January begins to fill up around the 8-9 month for BC depending on the days you go.

Just a heads up - we couldn't get a studio today at Board Walk. Usually it's a very dead time, but I'm guessing Star Wars is to blame. Looking at altering our dates, so DEFINITELY get on it ASAP.

Just a heads up - we couldn't get a studio today at Board Walk. Usually it's a very dead time, but I'm guessing Star Wars is to blame. Looking at altering our dates, so DEFINITELY get on it ASAP.
I would agree but also remember standard views are very small amount of the studios at Boardwalk while a majority are in Poolside/Gardens. People might have been walking it. But BCV is overall the most popular resort especially in studios.

I would agree but also remember standard views are very small amount of the studios at Boardwalk while a majority are in Poolside/Gardens. People might have been walking it. But BCV is overall the most popular resort especially in studios.

Yup. We knew it may be a struggle, but I think 2020 is proving to be even more so thanks to SWGE. We're trying to figure out our next step here - including postponing.

Not sure which dates you were seeking but if you were attempting to get Friday, January 10, as a start date at 11 months out, that time is traditionally one of the extremely high DVC demand times of the year: marathon weekend.

Last edited:
Not sure what time you were seeking but if you were attempting to get Friday, January 10, as a start date at 11 months out, that time is traditionally one of the extremely high demand times of the year: marathon weekend.

The Monday, but it's possible people are still around from the marathon. Keeping an eye on it the next few days.

The Monday, but it's possible people are still around from the marathon. Keeping an eye on it the next few days.
It's not possible for BWV owners to book a stay beginning Monday, 1/13/20. We are still outside of the 11-month window for that date. You haven't missed your chance yet but, personally, I think you're chasing a unicorn.

It's not possible for BWV owners to book a stay beginning Monday, 1/13/20. We are still outside of the 11-month window for that date. You haven't missed your chance yet but, personally, I think you're chasing a unicorn.

HAHA! Could be. If that's the case and it's impossible, we'll just readjust our plans :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter