• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking based on hope for discount

neilbrassfrog

Earning My Ears
I'm planning my summer 2018 trip. I've got a budget for resort. Do I book the resort I want that has the rack rates that meet my budget, or book the resort I want that I could afford if there is a discount given? Dates are for mid to late July 2018.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Having a room booked in advance will not guarantee that IF a discount is released you will be able to take advantage of it. Discounted rooms are in a separate limited inventory so you would have to re-book as soon as it is released.

If, in the end, you would keep the resort/room you want even without the discount, book it now so that you will have a room. If you definitely need a discount for that room, then book what you can afford now.

Book what you can afford and would be happy with. Only upgrade if the discount comes out and upgrade becomes in budget. Never ever book with the hope of a discount to make the booking affordable.

The reason why is because Disney may not offer a discount. Historically when I am going in October has usually had a discount but suddenly last year it did not and most likely this year it won't either. So for my batchelorette party we booked knowing the insane price and being okay with that. Everyone is budgeting as if the current booked rate is the rate we will be spitting. If a discount comes out great if not okay everyone is still in budget.
The other reason being if you book the more expensive option by the time you find out there is no discount and try to modify you may only be left with places in budget that you won't enjoy. If that happens you will either have to compromise, be over budget, or cancel. None of which are great ways to go into a holiday.

Thank you all. I'll book the resort I can afford (and would like to stay in) now, then upgrade to the dream option if it becomes available.

Booking now to block space for a future discount you NEED to afford your trip. May backfire.. They only give discounts when they need toing mpty rooms. So let's say end of October PoR is booked out really well 2 weeks end Oct.. Why would they offer FD for that resort or make rooms available at that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter