Booked 2 gty 5E cabins — assignments

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
i bookec 2 gty 5E cabins and noticed one was assigned today but not the other one. Is that normal? My cruise is 7 months away, so was surprised to get an assignment so quickly, but confused why only one of the two was assigned. The reservations are linked and booked through my TA at Dreams Unlimited.

Not sure if Disney has a rhyme or reason that we know of. One thing they have to balance is the life boat capacity. While there may be staterooms available, there may not necessarily be room in the assigned lifeboats. (I mean there is room, but they don't over crowd them because they know that sometimes you just end up in the first available). They may also consider workload for the stateroom hosts. Caring for full rooms of 4 guests is probably more work than the same number of rooms with only 2 guests each. Finally, there are also rooms across the ship they hold back for a number of reasons, scheduled maintenance, deep cleaning, and guest recovery rooms (like if your room is leaking water on the carpet or the bathtub overflows) and they need to put you somewhere else.

They may look at rearranging or any other factor. They could be holding it back to see if you get one of the corner rooms, which would be a handicap style room as well. So they need to see if someone else would need it first.

Thanks,some good points to consider. My reservation is for 2 adults and got assigned 5E deck 9 and the room sleeps 4. The other reservation is for 2 adults, 2 tweens. They too are GTY 5E. I keep telling my daughter it means she’s going to get a better room. A corner would be nice.

Thanks,some good points to consider. My reservation is for 2 adults and got assigned 5E deck 9 and the room sleeps 4. The other reservation is for 2 adults, 2 tweens. They too are GTY 5E. I keep telling my daughter it means she’s going to get a better room. A corner would be nice.
Best of luck! I doubt you'll get one of the corner rooms since I think they typically only sleep 3. They don't have a split bath either.

We just received our 5E GTY room yesterday, and we cruise in 51 days. We received a corner room - Room 7190.

My family booked two GTY rooms for our April 2017 cruise. My MIL and SIL in one and DH, 2DS and myself in the other. My MIL was given her room assignment around Thanksgiving 2016 and we didn't recieve ours until 6 weeks before departing. We were in 10158 which is a corner room on deck 10 and we loved it! It slept 4, had a huge verandah and had the split bath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter