Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on the ground sitting right up front but many people do sit in the back on the chairs or the ledge. I believe the Dans just hang out in Frontierland and Liberty Square that's the only place I have ever seen them so I am not sure.

I thought it was good because the parade started there so we were back on our way by about 8:35 or so.

Thanks! Making a mental note....try to snag chairs! :thumbsup2

I don't remember if it was last year of the time before. I think if was the time before when we went (so more than 2 years ago). We went on a Sunday in October. My DS could sit in the middle of Main Street to watch HalloWishes. I was shocked. The party felt crowded, but we didn't have any trouble finding a good place to watch the fireworks. He was literally in the middle of the street.

Doing MNSSHP this year for the 1st time -so excited! The top things I would like to do is the Villain Mix & Mingle for my DD to meet the characters (she dressed at Maleficent at Unleash the Villains and her costume was a big hit, so wearing it for this); Hallowishes; the 2nd Parade; and trick or treating. Taking my DD 4 and DS 13 - so...any suggestions on touring plan or what time I should be back at main street for parade and Hallowishes?? Thanks!

I see that folks are recommending viewing Hallowishes from the Tomorrowland Terrace. Is that also a good spot to view Celebrate the Magic? Recommendations on what time we should claim our spot?

Thanks

We went to the first party (Sept 10th) and we watched the show and the fireworks from the terrace. We got there around 9 (we skipped the first parade) and pulled some chairs up against the rail.

Great view of the fireworks, you miss a little of the detail of the celebrate the magic due to the angle but I loved it as it was so much less crowded :)

Does anyone know if the party is usually really busy the Friday of Columbus Day weekend? We'd like to go, but I'm nervous about crowds since there are no advance purchase/AP/DVC discounts. Thanks!

Columbus Day is Oct. 14, not 15, and historically, that party has low crowds. :goodvibes

I should have looked at the calendar. Yes, the 14th is our party date and the 15th our check out day.

Oh good! I hope history repeats itself then!!

Does anyone know if they sell these ears at the park and if so where? and is it the same price? DD wants them for her costume for Halloween

http://www.disneystore.com/feathered-minnie-mouse-headband-with-silk-rosette/mp/1305968/1000387/

Dead cute but would have to order to be delivered to the hotel as we live in England
pixiedust:

I saw those ears a few weeks ago at the Emplorium. Don't remember seeing them on the 17th, but I wasn't looking at non-Halloween merchandise.

We got a spot about 7:30 by the Country Bears, we thought the parade started at 8:30 not 8:15 so thankfully we got one. Enjoyed the Cadaver Dans while we waited.

We stopped around that time to watch them too. I had never seen them dressed for Halloween. Just stayed for one song as we were heading to the Villians show.

Disney Diva Mom said:
I think so, but not positive. Going to the party tomorrow night, so I will check.

Have fun!! Let me (us) know lol we're going to the October 27th party. I want to watch the castle show and hallowishes and than head to frontierland for the 2nd parade.

I'm assuming we will but you know what that means....lol....but, will we have enough time after hallowishes to walk, not rush, to Frontierland to get a spot for the 2nd parade? We're going to the 10/27 party.

We can either go on Friday, 9/27 or Sunday, 9/29. I'm a little nervous about 9/27 with Touring Plans predicting that this will be the most crowded date, but I think they're mistaken because they're basing their figures on last year when the marathon took place over this weekend. I think I might stick with the Sunday date just to be on the safe side, but I really can't figure out why 9/27 would be predicted to have the longest wait times of any party this year.

I'm assuming we will but you know what that means....lol....but, will we have enough time after hallowishes to walk, not rush, to Frontierland to get a spot for the 2nd parade? We're going to the 10/27 party.

That is what I did at the party on the 13th. I even stopped at Sleepy Hollow for the Pumpkin Spice Sundae along the way and still got a great spot at the rope across from Liberty Tree Tavern. Your party will probably be busier than mine was though, so keep that in mind.

We can either go on Friday, 9/27 or Sunday, 9/29. I'm a little nervous about 9/27 with Touring Plans predicting that this will be the most crowded date, but I think they're mistaken because they're basing their figures on last year when the marathon took place over this weekend. I think I might stick with the Sunday date just to be on the safe side, but I really can't figure out why 9/27 would be predicted to have the longest wait times of any party this year.

Fridays are busier due to locals coming for those parties, so I would pick a Sunday over a Friday. I do agree that I don't think that will be the longest wait times of any party, but it should be busier than that Sunday for sure.

Fridays are busier due to locals coming for those parties, so I would pick a Sunday over a Friday. I do agree that I don't think that will be the longest wait times of any party, but it should be busier than that Sunday for sure.

Very good point, thank you!

I agree that crowd prediction from TP was way off base. Makes me sort of question all the rest of their predictions.

Sunday will be better for sure. But no way is next Friday the busiest party of the season.

How are the views to Celebrate the Magic from tomorrowland terrace? I like the idea of sitting down for a few after a long day however I don't want an obstructed or poor angled view to both 9 o'clock shows

I agree that crowd prediction from TP was way off base. Makes me sort of question all the rest of their predictions. Sunday will be better for sure. But no way is next Friday the busiest party of the season.

Well, the way that TP predicted crowds is strange, anyway-- their prediction is based on how long they think the waits for the attractions are going to be during the party, not based on waits for the characters, trick or treating, how crowded the parade will be, etc. That's why Halloween is listed as one of the "slower" days, when in reality it will sell out, but everyone will want to do the Halloween stuff, not ride attractions. Seems to be a pretty silly way to predict crowds.

PhoenixStrength said:
That is what I did at the party on the 13th. I even stopped at Sleepy Hollow for the Pumpkin Spice Sundae along the way and still got a great spot at the rope across from Liberty Tree Tavern. Your party will probably be busier than mine was though, so keep that in mind.

Mmmm....I may have to stop too, or make DH stop on our way over lol I figure our party will be pretty busy because we're close to Halloween. But I'm hoping because its a Sunday thatll help make it a little less crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter