Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can opt for will call and pick them up once there. Or you can print them and bring the printouts with you.

Would there be any reason not to purchase the tickets at Disney IF there?

We are leaving on Saturday and going to the sept. 24th party. Was going to buy the tickets after checking in with DVC discount.

Would there be any reason not to purchase the tickets at Disney IF there?

We are leaving on Saturday and going to the sept. 24th party. Was going to buy the tickets after checking in with DVC discount.

No, you can do that too. Most if not all discounts require them to be purchased no later than the day before the party, and there's a risk that any party could sell out, but otherwise no. I would not expect that date to sell out, by the way.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
Is the Tomorrowland terrace area open and accessible for fireworks viewing during MNNSHP? I know the dessert party isn't going on so I wondered if it was possible to watch Hallowishes from there. Any other ideas for front of castle viewing? We will be with a group of 8 people with disabilities so it's hard to be in a crowd they get agitated sometimes. I figured out some good spots for the parade and figure the 2nd parade will be less crowed but didn't think about the fireworks, we usually do the dessert party so don't have to worry about the vantage point.

We watched it from there last Friday and it was amazing!! We got seats around 8:45

Certain areas seemed very congested at times. But overall, there were less people there than last year when we went in the rain. That was the weekend of the big run.

We were there last year the night before the ToT and it was a sell out. We were there on the 17th and thought it was much better! A little congested in areas but last year there were long line ups for candy until the very end and we never did one ride. This year we did Splash and BTMM as walk ons. DS and I went through the line at the Speedway 4x while DH waited for Alice and the Mad Hatter. I enjoyed it much more.

We got a spot about 7:30 by the Country Bears, we thought the parade started at 8:30 not 8:15 so thankfully we got one. Enjoyed the Cadaver Dans while we waited.

We have been doing the party for more than 10 years and I am disapointed with some of the cutbacks, last year they had props and decorations at most of the treat stations (like Mardi Gras, Maxs Pit stop etc) and I miss those small touches.

If you are looking for pins don't bother lining up. We went to the Trading Post after the parade and there was hardly anyone in there.

Disney Diva Mom said:
Between The Plaza restaurant and Monsters Inc Laugh Factory.

Ok thank you! Is it open to anyone during Hallowishes? I know during Wishes, you have to do the dessert party to sit there.

We were there last year the night before the ToT and it was a sell out. We were there on the 17th and thought it was much better! A little congested in areas but last year there were long line ups for candy until the very end and we never did one ride. This year we did Splash and BTMM as walk ons. DS and I went through the line at the Speedway 4x while DH waited for Alice and the Mad Hatter. I enjoyed it much more.

We got a spot about 7:30 by the Country Bears, we thought the parade started at 8:30 not 8:15 so thankfully we got one. Enjoyed the Cadaver Dans while we waited.

We have been doing the party for more than 10 years and I am disapointed with some of the cutbacks, last year they had props and decorations at most of the treat stations (like Mardi Gras, Maxs Pit stop etc) and I miss those small touches.

If you are looking for pins don't bother lining up. We went to the Trading Post after the parade and there was hardly anyone in there.

I didn't think there were too many people there on the 17th. We didn't do very much. We took it easy and figures anything we did would be awesome. We didn't go on attractions, or see the parade. Just saw a few characters, the villians show, Wishes, and a few Trick or treat stops.

Last year was our first year in many, many years. We instantly noticed the cut backs. Way back when, there was free face painting, arcade type games, and crafts.

We are not into pins like we use to be. In fact, only brought 1 trading pin with us. We should have brought more. There were 4 pin boards as we got off the ferry from the TTC. Walking down the pathway to get to bag check.

Our next date is Oct 15th (Columbus Day) so I expect many more people. We'll be playing in by ear again and doing whatever ds can tolerate.

I totally forgot about the face painting! And the LTT servers used to dress in HM costumes and some in full makeup.

I didn't think there were too many people there on the 17th. We didn't do very much. We took it easy and figures anything we did would be awesome. We didn't go on attractions, or see the parade. Just saw a few characters, the villians show, Wishes, and a few Trick or treat stops.

Last year was our first year in many, many years. We instantly noticed the cut backs. Way back when, there was free face painting, arcade type games, and crafts.

We are not into pins like we use to be. In fact, only brought 1 trading pin with us. We should have brought more. There were 4 pin boards as we got off the ferry from the TTC. Walking down the pathway to get to bag check.

Our next date is Oct 15th (Columbus Day) so I expect many more people. We'll be playing in by ear again and doing whatever ds can tolerate.

Columbus Day is Oct. 14, not 15, and historically, that party has low crowds. :goodvibes

Going to be at MNSSHP on 9/24. Want to watch theh second parade from Frontierland. What is your suggestion on what time I should claim my spot for front row viewing?

We were there last year the night before the

Would you say that's a good spot? Did you sit on the edge of the wooden "porch"? I would think that would be a bit more comfortable than sitting on the ground, but I'm not sure if people can stand in front of you at that spot or if they block off the area in front of the walkway. I'm trying to find a spot for my mom to sit that is relatively comfortable but without a blocked view.

Are the Cadaver Dans stationed there or do they walk the parade route? Thanks!

I see that folks are recommending viewing Hallowishes from the Tomorrowland Terrace. Is that also a good spot to view Celebrate the Magic? Recommendations on what time we should claim our spot?

Thanks

Going to be at MNSSHP on 9/24. Want to watch theh second parade from Frontierland. What is your suggestion on what time I should claim my spot for front row viewing?

We watch Hallowishes from the Plaza restaurant area and then head straight to Frontieland afterwards. We get a spot and then DH or I will go on a snack run. Works out well, and it is a great place to watch the Headless Horseman ride by.

No, you can do that too. Most if not all discounts require them to be purchased no later than the day before the party, and there's a risk that any party could sell out, but otherwise no. I would not expect that date to sell out, by the way.

Would you say that's a good spot? Did you sit on the edge of the wooden "porch"? I would think that would be a bit more comfortable than sitting on the ground, but I'm not sure if people can stand in front of you at that spot or if they block off the area in front of the walkway. I'm trying to find a spot for my mom to sit that is relatively comfortable but without a blocked view.

Are the Cadaver Dans stationed there or do they walk the parade route? Thanks!

We were on the ground sitting right up front but many people do sit in the back on the chairs or the ledge. I believe the Dans just hang out in Frontierland and Liberty Square that's the only place I have ever seen them so I am not sure.

I thought it was good because the parade started there so we were back on our way by about 8:35 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter