Boo to Two, Kelley and Missy's Joint TR! Update! 3/28

I think you handled the whole room thing with complete class! Good for you! I, too, would have been disappointed but then it ruins your day or worse your trip, and that is never worth it! Good for you!!

I am sorry to say that I laughed out loud at your RnRC picture...I try so hard to look normal on that picture but it always looks like a bad face lift for me:lmao:

I think you handled the whole room thing with complete class! Good for you! I, too, would have been disappointed but then it ruins your day or worse your trip, and that is never worth it! Good for you!!

Thanks Queen. :goodvibes I tried to keep everything in perspective when things went haywire with the room. I did write a long email to guest relations when I got home. I didn't ask for anything , I just wanted to make sure every CM that does check-in knows exactly what they're doing, so no one else has to go through what we did.

A very nice CM called to talk about what happened and she said they wanted to try and make up for our lost park time that morning by leaving a few sets of Fastpasses for us to use on our next trip in March. It was a very nice thing to do and wasn't anything I was expecting.

I am sorry to say that I laughed out loud at your RnRC picture...I try so hard to look normal on that picture but it always looks like a bad face lift for me:lmao:

Don't be sorry, it's a totally laughable photo! :rotfl: I'm now seriously impressed by the people who plan to do certain things for that ride photo, that must be so hard to do!

What a bummer about the room un-grade! As others have said, you handled it very well. Better to accept it an move on than to let it ruin your trip.

I love all of your character photos. That's cool that Eyore helped improve your mood.

So glad to hear you conquered and enjoyed RNR. I consider this my older son's threshold coaster. Once he rode this, there has not been a coaster he won't try...

Kelly, the pictures of the boys and your family with all of the characters are so cute!!!

It was nice for the CM to tip you off about the Buzz and Woody M&G. My family hasn't done this, but the pictures I have seen of the queue and the meet make it look really fun.

Great Cars pictures too!

Looking forward to hearing about your lunch. And your rides on Toy Story.

What a bummer about the room un-grade! As others have said, you handled it very well. Better to accept it an move on than to let it ruin your trip.

I love all of your character photos. That's cool that Eyore helped improve your mood.

So glad to hear you conquered and enjoyed RNR. I consider this my older son's threshold coaster. Once he rode this, there has not been a coaster he won't try...

Thanks Dee! Despite everything that happened, I still loved our stay at Contemporary and can't wait to stay there again!

The character meet and greets were a lot of fun and a good way to slow down and enjoy the details of the parks.

I see R-N-R as my roller-coaster ceiling, just because I rode that doesn't mean anyone is getting me on the Hulk or Dueling Dragons anytime soon. :lmao:

Hopefully I'll get the lunch chapter put up sometime either today or tomorrow!

We left off with me and Franklin rushing to get to Sci-Fi Dine-In for our lunch ADR. Luckily, we made it in time!

DSC6507-M.jpg

We met up with Mike, Kelley, Jack and Ryan! The boys were very excited to eat lunch in a car. They seated us in a car near the entrance. Since it was just 11, it was pretty empty and quiet.

DSC6509-M.jpg

DSC6510-M.jpg

This might be my favorite picture of Jack from the whole trip!

DSC6519-M.jpg

This was my and Franklin’s first meal on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so it was going to be a big meal. First up was our drink order. I got iced tea (bo-ring!) and Franklin got cherry coke and each time his was refilled, it came back overflowing with cherries.

DSC6523-M.jpg

For appetizers we ordered the chicken wings with honey-chipoltle barbecue sauce and the onion rings. We shared with everyone in the car because there was plenty of food to go around.

DSC6525-M.jpg

When we were looking at the menu, Franklin asked what he was “allowed” to get on the dining plan. I told him “anything.” Franklin: “Even the steak?” So that’s what he ordered, the rib-eye steak. Nothing like a huge steak in the middle of a hot-and-sweaty park day.

DSC6528-M.jpg

I got the burger (bo-ring! again, but oh so tasty!)

DSC6532-M.jpg

Everyone enjoyed their food and watching the movie clips.

DSC6533-M.jpg

DSC6540-M.jpg

Dee told us in my PTR that the hot fudge sundaes were not to be missed at Sci-Fi. And since Franklin and I didn’t EACH need a hot fudge sundae, we ordered two and gave one to Mike, Kelley and the boys to split!

DSC6547-M.jpg

All in all, we liked Sci-Fi a lot. We thought the food was better at 50s Prime Time Cafe, but the ambiance was clearly superior at Sci-Fi. We’re definitely going back in March.

After our wonderful lunch, we game-planned a bit. We decided to split up for a while and meet back up for the 1:20 Lights, Action, Motor Stunt Show.

DSC6548-M.jpg

Franklin and I headed for Star Tours, but the posted wait time was 40 minutes. No thanks!

DSC6554-M.jpg

So we went to one of our favorite DHS standbys... MuppetVision 3D!

DSC6556-M.jpg

DSC6559-M.jpg

DSC6561-M.jpg

After , "A Salute to All Nations (But Mostly America)," we moseyed over to the Streets of America, on our way to the stunt show.

DSC6562-M.jpg

I mentioned to Franklin to keep his eyes peeled for a place to buy a frozen Coke and lo and behold, there was Herbie’s Drive-In just outside the theater. Franklin went in to get seats, I got my scrumptious frozen delight -- perfect for the very hot day it was becoming.

Just as I was finishing up at Herbie's, my phone rang and it was Kelley looking for us. It turns out she was standing about 100 feet away from me, so we parked their stroller and headed into the theater.

DSC6565-M.jpg

DSC6583-M.jpg

DSC6599-M.jpg

Jack had his Lightning McQueen glasses on in anticipation of the star of the show!

DSC6608-M.jpg

Look there he is, ka-chow!

DSC6624-M.jpg

He was a big hit with the boys in our group, both the big ones and the little ones.

Here’s the thing, this show is entirely too long. There’s too much fake-movie set-up between each action sequence. In fact, here’s Ryan saying “I’m done here, time to go.”

DSC6650-M.jpg

I’m with ya buddy. In fact, I’ve already told Franklin that I’ll be going to Voyage of the Little Mermaid or Art of Animation when he takes his nephew to see LAM in March. Just a few more car chases first though.

DSC6648-M.jpg

DSC6681-M.jpg

DSC6725-M.jpg

DSC6748-M.jpg

And with that firery finale, it was time to bid adieu to LAM.

DSC6756-M.jpg

DSC6755-M.jpg

The two littlest ones were clearly ready for a snooze in their stroller, so Mike and Kelley were going to hop over to Epcot by boat. We’d be following behind them shortly, but we had a couple of FPs burning a hole in our pockets.

Time for a little Midway Mania, Toy Story style.

DSC6764-M.jpg

DSC6771-M.jpg

DSC6780-M.jpg

DSC6783-M.jpg

As per usual, Franklin kicked my butt.

DSC6786-M.jpg

We were craving a little Food & Wine Festival time, so we decided to hop on the boat to Epcot. But first we stopped for one last picture at DHS.

i-F9pns3s-M.jpg

In a surprising twist, Franklin took nary a photo of the boat ride. He was probably too distracted by me talking his ear off about all the Epcot resorts we were passing. Oops! Soon enough we were at the International Gateway entrance. Time to get our Food & Wine on!

DSC6792-M.jpg

France was up first.

DSC6793-M.jpg

We got the Coq au Vin and a Parisian Cosmo Slushie. I’d waited months to try the slushie and it didn’t disappoint!

DSC6794-M.jpg

The Coq au Vin was delicious, as well, easily one of our favorites from the Festival. Next, we tried something that wasn’t anything either of us had circled in our pre-Festival planning -- the Kefta Pocket from Morocco.

DSC6796-M.jpg

Excuse the bite, we started chowing down before we remembered to take a picture! It was really, really good. It was seasoned well and was very tasty. Franklin then took a trip to Japan,

DSC6803-M.jpg

where he got a Tuna and Salmon Sensation and sake.

DSC6798-M.jpg

Tuna, salmon and avocado may be three of Franklin’s favorite foods on the planet, so this dish was a big hit! Just then, Kelley and Mike came strolling out of the Japan pavillion, and the boys were munching on more kid-friendly fare: granola bars!

DSC6802-M.jpg

We compared notes on our afternoons and what we each had planned for the evening. With plans to meet up the next day at MK rope drop, we said goodby for the day. Our munching continued with the Hops and Barley kiosk. Franklin got the lobster claw and a Sam Adams Festival beer.

DSC6805-M.jpg

At that point, we decided to head back to hotel to swim and rest a bit before watching Wishes from the CL lounge and dinner at ‘Ohana. I stopped at Italy before we boarded the boat to Future World. I got the ravioli and it was by far the WORST thing we ate at the Festival. It tasted like Chef Boyardee, maybe even a little worse.

DSC6809-M.jpg

We took the boat back to Future World

DSC6811-M.jpg

and stopped in MouseGear to get a bag we could use as a beach bag (it was the one thing I forgot to pack). Then it was back to CR we went!

Up next: our new room, Wishes and our first visit to ‘Ohana!

GREAT TR!!! Awesome so far! Can I take Franklin with me, so he can take some awesome pictures?!? :) Seriously, they're great!!

F&W looks DIVINE right now!! Yum!!

Great updates! I love Sci Fi...the food isn't the best, but it's so much fun in there!

I have no interest in LMA, it seems like something for boys! I'm surprised my DH hasn't wanted to see it yet! Actually, he mentioned it on our last trip, but it wasn't running!

Ahhh, my Parisian Cosmo Slush! :lovestruc Mmm, it looks so good in your picture! I want one right now!

Yay, "A salute to all countries, but mostly America!!!"

Love that show. BTW, I totally agree with you about Lights, Motors, Action. I like the show, but there is so much setup involved, I don't go and see it very often.

I'm sorry that you didn't like the ravioli from Italy. When we got it, it was really good! However, everything may have tasted better at that moment because I had partaken in a little too much wine....:rolleyes1

It sounds like you had fun at the Sci Fi. Like you said, the food isn't out of this world, but it is decent and the atmosphere is really cool. I love that photo of the empty restaurant as you arrived. Looks like it should be in a brochure!

Boring or not, the burger really is the the thing to get when you there (says the one person in our family who has not ordered it).

I totally agree- LMA is way too long (and hot in the summer in the afternoon out in those bleachers). This is a once-every-few-trips attraction for us.

But the muppets...:thumbsup2 Great pictures of the penguin orchestra and Statler and Waldorf up in the presidential boxes.

Loved your pictures and descriptions from F&W. You are the second person to describe the ravioli as tasting like Chef Boyardee in a trip report. (Bellebookworm9, We will not be braking for pedestrians)

And you still have Wishes and Ohana coming up! Despite the rocky start, doesn't sound like all together a bad day.

GREAT TR!!! Awesome so far! Can I take Franklin with me, so he can take some awesome pictures?!? :) Seriously, they're great!!

F&W looks DIVINE right now!! Yum!!

Reliving all this yummy F&W fun is making the next Festival seem SO. FAR. AWAY. Ugh, 10 months is a long time to wait! Though the March trip should tide me over a bit. :rotfl:

Great updates! I love Sci Fi...the food isn't the best, but it's so much fun in there!

I have no interest in LMA, it seems like something for boys! I'm surprised my DH hasn't wanted to see it yet! Actually, he mentioned it on our last trip, but it wasn't running!

Ahhh, my Parisian Cosmo Slush! :lovestruc Mmm, it looks so good in your picture! I want one right now!

Yes, a Cosmo Slushie sounds heavenly right about now. :cloud9: You're so close to your trip! Are you totally excited?!?!?! I saw you decided against the Christmas party but added the sleigh ride, sounds like a great decision for you guys. Plus, you could always go to the Poly to watch the holiday fireworks!

Yay, "A salute to all countries, but mostly America!!!"

Love that show. BTW, I totally agree with you about Lights, Motors, Action. I like the show, but there is so much setup involved, I don't go and see it very often.

I'm sorry that you didn't like the ravioli from Italy. When we got it, it was really good! However, everything may have tasted better at that moment because I had partaken in a little too much wine....:rolleyes1

MuppetVision is the best! We saw the new Muppet movie last week and it was AMAZING!!!! :woohoo:

I had such high hopes for the ravioli, maybe I'll give it another shot next year. And maybe I'll throw a few glasses of wine in the mix before. ;)

It sounds like you had fun at the Sci Fi. Like you said, the food isn't out of this world, but it is decent and the atmosphere is really cool. I love that photo of the empty restaurant as you arrived. Looks like it should be in a brochure!

Boring or not, the burger really is the the thing to get when you there (says the one person in our family who has not ordered it).

I totally agree- LMA is way too long (and hot in the summer in the afternoon out in those bleachers). This is a once-every-few-trips attraction for us.

But the muppets...:thumbsup2 Great pictures of the penguin orchestra and Statler and Waldorf up in the presidential boxes.

Loved your pictures and descriptions from F&W. You are the second person to describe the ravioli as tasting like Chef Boyardee in a trip report. (Bellebookworm9, We will not be braking for pedestrians)

And you still have Wishes and Ohana coming up! Despite the rocky start, doesn't sound like all together a bad day.

You were totally right about the sundae at Sci-Fi, it was one of the best desserts of the trip! Yum!

As far as LMA goes, it's a one-and-done for me. There are enough other shows at DHS that I'm fairly sure I won't be back for LMA any time in the next, oh, decade or so.

I was bummed about the ravioli, so many people usually love it that I just assumed it would be out of this world. Wrong!

DHS, F&W, Wishes and 'Ohana, yep just another totally awesome day at Disney. Can't wait to tell you all about the rest of the day!

Kelly, the pictures of the boys and your family with all of the characters are so cute!!!

It was nice for the CM to tip you off about the Buzz and Woody M&G. My family hasn't done this, but the pictures I have seen of the queue and the meet make it look really fun.

Great Cars pictures too!

Thank you! :goodvibes Yes that CM was clearly very enthusiastic about his job. I always love to see CMs that are truly trying to spread the joy, and enhance a guest's experience!

The Buzz and Woody M&G was really cool. I love how it is made to look like you're up on Andy's bed with them. The queue has lots to look at, but for us, we were barely in line because there were so few people there.

The Cars M&G was the only character spot that Jack was not afraid of! :lmao:

When we left off we were headed over to our 11am ADR at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater.

IMG_3079.jpg

I know, the food is mediocre, but the ambiance and theme-ing is top notch! The boys loved eating in a car. They split a kids cheese pizza with apples and carrots. Mike and I split the Smoked Turkey Sandwich, which had smoked turkey, crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato with an avocado mayo on multigrain bread and a chocolate milkshake. The milkshake was the best part of the meal! Then Missy and Frank-a-lin generously shared a hot fudge sundae with us, and it was yummy!

IMG_3083.jpg

After lunch we headed over to TSMM to use our fps. That ride is really fun! I’m not sure its entirely worth the hype and huge lines…(I know, I know – flame away! ;) ) But it was definitely cool.

Then we went to the Lights, Motors, Action! car stunt show. The boys LOVED the Lightning McQueen drive through, and they liked all the action scenes, but I think a lot of the “plot” of that attraction was lost on them – heck it was kinda lost on me at some parts. I was not interested in the “movie” I just wanted to see some cool action stunts! (I will not bother adding any of the pictures that I took of LMA since Missy already posted the ones Franklin took - mine are not even near that caliber!)

Then we found our stroller in the sea of identical strollers (thank goodness I made a stroller tag!!) and we decided to hop to Epcot. Well, the boys fell asleep as soon as I started pushing the stroller, so we nixed riding the bus and opted for the ferry boat since they don’t make you fold up your stroller on there. That was actually a very pleasant boat ride, and not very crowded at all. Mike and I were able to relax and talk for a bit while the boat slowly headed to Epcot, so that was a nice break!

Next up... Epcot!

Once we docked at Epcot, the boys were still out cold in the stroller, so Mike and I walked around the World Showcase and scoped out some of the Food & Wine Festival booths. But the boys woke up after only a few pavilions, so then we went over to Japan so I could do my pick-a-pearl.

IMG_3099.jpg

I had gotten my pearl cage ahead of time on eBay, so I was very anxious to fill it with a gorgeous pearl!

IMG_3103.jpg

The ceremony was cheesy, but fun. It made me smile.

IMG_3106.jpg

Then the boys were ready to do some things, so we headed over to Journey into The Imagination with Figment. Might I just say, I was not too pleased with it. It is NOTHING like what I remember from my childhood trips. Boo to this particular re-furb! The boys favorite part of that was the play area after the ride – they spent 20 minutes running around and jumping on the different instrument squares.

IMG_3115.jpg

Then we recovered by hitting the classic Spaceship Earth. They surprisingly loved the “golf ball ride”!

IMG_3130.jpg

Then we wandered over to Club Cool to get some soda samples. The boys have never had soda before, but they loved the ginger ale and the Fanta ones.
IMG_3120.jpg

They each drank 4 or 5 little cups of soda, and then as we were leaving, Jackson let out the loudest burp I have ever heard in my whole life! His face was hilarious – he looked shocked, and then he checked me to see my reaction (I was desperately trying to hide the fact that I was cracking up) and then once he realized that I thought it was funny, he started laughing too. I did finally manage to calm my laughter enough to remind him to use his manners, and he quickly said, “Excuse me, I burped!”

Then we headed over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. That was very cute ride, and the boys liked it a lot.

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

We decided to duck out early and head back to the hotel for an early night. We ate dinner at the ASMo food court and then went swimming for a bit. We caught some of The Lion King, which was the movie they were playing at the pool that night. We stayed through “Hakuna Matata” and then took the boys in for baths and bedtime.

Once they were down, I started thinking about our early morning ADR at Chef Mickey’s, and I wanted to double check what time the bus service started in the morning. So I headed to the concierge desk in the main lobby. The CM there was super friendly, and he told me that busses would start at 6:45am. I told him that our ADR was for 7:10am, and he said that would be cutting it a bit too close for comfort. So he asked me to hold on a moment, and he went to talk to another CM. He came back with a taxi voucher, and said we were all set for a complementary cab ride in the morning! Sweet! A wonderful, and much appreciated dash of pixie dust! :lovestruc

I'm glad you enjoyed the meal at the Sci Fi. Lunch is definitely the way to go there. I love that the portions at most Disney restaurants make it possible to share and still have a decent meal.

I wish it was not such a hassle to get a ride on Toy Story!

Already commented on LMA- too long! Needs more cars and fire, less yakking and movie clips.

Good plan to take the boat to EPCOT- it is nice that you got to visit a few of the food booths before the boys woke up.

I really miss the original Imagination ride with the Dreamfinder! The new version is definitely NOT a must-do.

Sounds like you all had a blast on Space Ship Earth, Club Cool and Nemo- those naps really paid off!!!

Very cool about the taxi voucher to Chef Mickey's!!! Taxi is really the way to go. Several years ago when we stayed at All Star Music, we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to take us to the MK for breakfast at Kona (7:30 am) and we ended up being over 30 mintues late for our reservation.

I'm glad you enjoyed the meal at the Sci Fi. Lunch is definitely the way to go there. I love that the portions at most Disney restaurants make it possible to share and still have a decent meal.

I wish it was not such a hassle to get a ride on Toy Story!

Already commented on LMA- too long! Needs more cars and fire, less yakking and movie clips.

Good plan to take the boat to EPCOT- it is nice that you got to visit a few of the food booths before the boys woke up.

I really miss the original Imagination ride with the Dreamfinder! The new version is definitely NOT a must-do.

Sounds like you all had a blast on Space Ship Earth, Club Cool and Nemo- those naps really paid off!!!

Very cool about the taxi voucher to Chef Mickey's!!! Taxi is really the way to go. Several years ago when we stayed at All Star Music, we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to take us to the MK for breakfast at Kona (7:30 am) and we ended up being over 30 mintues late for our reservation.

Thank you! :) Yes, lunch was definitely the way to do Sci-Fi. It was one of the many awesome tips I got here on the DIS. And yes, TSMM is very fun, but such a headache to deal with the ridiculous wait times and FP distribution. And yes, LMA could definitely be condensed a LOT :lmao:

Mike and I have already decided that at some point (probably in the very distant future) we will take a trip without the kiddos so we can enjoy the F&W festival in full! The booths looked amazing, and I could have easily polished off several drinks had the kids not been with us. :thumbsup2

I love when the boys take naps! They wake up so happy. And who wouldn't be happy to wake up at Disney World?!? But yeah, the Figment ride :eek: NOT at all like I remembered. The boys didn't like it very much either. I love that they liked Spaceship Earth though. That's a Disney classic!

The taxi voucher was AWESOME. I was so surprised! I definitely wasn't expecting it at all. But I was nervous that we wouldn't make it in time on the bus system, so I was all ready to just book a cab anyway. We even built cab cost into our guesstimate for food costs! Gotta love pixie dust!! :wizard:

Where we last left, Franklin and I were heading back to CR after a lovely afternoon snacking our way around the Food and Wine Festival. When we arrived back at the hotel, we went up to the ninth floor to our new room.

DSC6823-M.jpg

DSC6827-M.jpg

DSC6830-M.jpg

DSC6832-M.jpg

There were even a couple of friends waiting to greet us.

DSC6839-M.jpg

DSC6841-M.jpg

And the view was beautiful. You could see the Mickey Head pool.

DSC6818-M.jpg

Bay Lake and Bay Lake Tower.

DSC6815-M.jpg

DSC6816-M.jpg

Wilderness Lodge

DSC6819-M.jpg

And you could even see Spaceship Earth gleaming in the distance!

DSC6822-M.jpg

A couple of thoughts on the new room. First, I’m glad we got a chance to stay in a Bay Lake View room because we realized that while the Theme Park View rooms were a special experience, the Bay Lake View rooms had gorgeous views to look at and we’d be perfectly fine staying there in the future if we wanted to save a bit (oh, who are we kidding? a ton) of money. Second, we discovered how badly the 14th floor rooms need to be renovated. The decor in the new room was absolutely gorgeous. Much more current and had far less wear and tear. The 14th floor rooms were supposed to be going through a major refurb this past fall (where many of the rooms would be turned into high-concept Health and Wellness suites). But the CL CMs told us that even after all the CMs had been given the vacation time off, the hotel announced it was postponing the refurb indefinitely and had to scramble to staff the 14th floor again.

The lower floors had been refurbished in the past few years and it really showed. The decor in the new room felt much more plush and “deulxe” than the CL room had. All in all, there was plenty of upside to the new room.

We had toyed with the idea of going for a swim before dinner. But after picking up our refillable mugs,

DSC6837-M.jpg

and settling into our new digs, it felt good just to take a shower, kick up our feet and chill for a little bit. Franklin thumbed through his photos, I got on the Dis and before we knew it, it was time to head upstairs to the CL lounge to watch Wishes!

Again, bear with me... it’s hard to pick just a few! Oh, and Franklin made me promise to make the fireworks pictures bigger than I did last time.

DSC6847-L.jpg

This next one is my favorite because you can actually see the star shape the fireworks made.

DSC6850-L.jpg

DSC6855-L.jpg

DSC6868-L.jpg

DSC6879-L.jpg

DSC6880-L.jpg

DSC6887-L.jpg

DSC6890-L.jpg

Wow! What a show. And the angle from CR really shows you all the perspective tricks they use while you watch the fireworks from inside the park. We quickly stashed Franklin’s tripod back in the room and hopped onto the monorail for a quick trip over to the Poly for our ADR at ‘Ohana.

Now, for those of you that don’t know, we booked this trip less than three months out. So I thought there was no chance at an ‘Ohana ADR, even though we’d never eaten there and really, REALLY wanted to. But the Universe (or that lovable Mouse) sprinkled us with a little pixie dust and we nabbed a late ADR (which worked better for our plans anyway).

We arrived at the Poly and checked in at ‘Ohana at about 9:45 (our ADR was for 9:50) and asked for a table by the window. The hostess said it shouldn’t be a problem, but it might take a few extra minutes.

Franklin wandered off to take pictures of the Grand Ceremonial House.

DSC6892-M.jpg

While I did a little browsing at Bou-tiki.

DSC6893-M.jpg

Before I could do any real financial damage, Franklin came to find me because our buzzer was going off!

DSC6897-M.jpg

We were guided to a table right next to the window, with a clear view of Cinderella’s castle! The “cousin” who seated us said it was “the best table in the house!”

DSC6900-M.jpg

Even though the fireworks were long over, the restaurant was still packed!

DSC6899-M.jpg

At some point in the night one of the “cousins” told us the restaurant serves more than 1,000 people a day and they use more than 3,000 leis per day...there’s a whole room of ‘em! Crazy, right?

Speaking of leis, we were soon adorned with some. Don’t be alarmed folks, my hair IS that curly and will be from here on out in this TR. When I’m in Florida, there’s no use fighting it.

DSC6913-M.jpg

DSC6914-M.jpg

As Franklin was perusing the drink list he saw the kids drinks came with a light-up Buzz Lightyear. So when our “cousin” came to take our order, he asked for a pina colada with a light-up Buzz Lightyear. She chuckled and said “Sure! Why not?”

DSC6903-M.jpg

She said the bartender looked at her like she had six heads when she put in the request.

The food began arriving quickly and in quantities that seemed fit for five or six people instead of just two. First up was the salad and bread. Here’s the thing you need to know about the salad. I have a chronic stomach condition called Crohn’s Disease, so I have to limit how much fruits and veggies I can eat, Franklin, on the other hand, likes to pretend he’s on the same restricted diet so he can avoid eating vegetables. But the ‘Ohana salad? Oh boy, we demolished that bowl. That dressing was To. Die. For. I keep forgetting to google the recipe to see if I can re-create it at home.

DSC6901-M.jpg

Next came the chicken wings (minus the sesame seeds, again because of my stomach issues) and the potstickers.

DSC6904-M.jpg

DSC6907-M.jpg

I could have made a meal out of that course alone. So freakin’ good. Next, they brought out the noodles and broccoli. Yum!

DSC6908-M.jpg

Next came the meats in an order I cannot remember.

DSC6912-M.jpg

In terms of ranking the meats, we both liked the steak the best; followed by the shrimp for Franklin (I’m not a seafood person, so I didn’t try them) and the pork for me. Both of us found the chicken to be a bit dry but still tasty.

There was so much food on the table and we kept eating and eating, but we never seemed to make a dent! After we’d given it our best shot, they cleared our table in preparation for our last course, dessert! When I went about making all the ADRs, I kept getting asked if we were celebrating anything. Then it dawned on me that because our two Disney trips would fall on either side of our anniversary (and cost a pretty penny, combined) we wouldn’t be doing anything spectacular to celebrate our nine years together. So I added our anniversary celebration to all our ADRs.

So in addition to the legendary bread pudding dessert, they also brought us two GINORMOUS cupcakes for our anniversary.

DSC6919-M.jpg

Now these weren’t the dinky little cupcakes I’ve seen in so many TRs, these were huge honkin’ cupcakes. Oy! We were stuffed already but we didn’t want to miss out on the bread pudding I’d heard so much about. Let me just say that I don’t like bread pudding, bananas or caramel and yet, THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST DESSERTS I’VE EVER EATEN. I don’t know what it is about the combination of flavors, but wow, it was an impressive dessert. When our “cousin” came to check on us, I thanked her again for the cupcakes but asked if they had to-go boxes for them because we couldn’t handle another bite.

I know ‘Ohana gets decidedly mixed reviews on these boards and I was a little hesitant going into the meal because of that. But the food was phenomenal. Everything was hot, plentiful and tasty. And the service was out of this world. Now, I don’t know how much of a bump in service we got because as out dinner wore on, the restaurant cleared out. We were the second-to-last party to leave. But all-in-all we loved our dinner there and will be going back in March AND next October!

Totally stuffed and with our two cupcakes in hand, we made our way out of the restaurant.

DSC6921-M.jpg

DSC6923-M.jpg

DSC6924-M.jpg

And back onto the monorail.

DSC6928-M.jpg

Making the big loop past Mickey’s crib and back to CR.

DSC6931-M.jpg

Man! I could really get used to this monorail living.

Hahahaha, Ohana means stuffing your face! :lmao:

Yummy yummy yummy. You're making me so excited for my NYE meal, because that's where we'll be eating! :lovestruc

GORGEOUS!!!

Love the pictures of and from your new room. Nice views. And love your attitude of finding the postives of the room switch even more! The decor of the room does look very fresh and classy.

How crowded was the lounge during the fireworks viewing? That really is a nice vantage point- the colors are just amazing! Was this Wishes or Hallowishes- do they switch on nights when there is no party? We watched some of the fireworks show last summer from the Contemporary parking lot/bus stop. Definitely NOT the same!

How great that you followed up with a fantastic meal and incredible view at 'Ohana. We have had one meal there. All of the food was delicious, but it wasn't our favorite dining experience, mainly because it was the last night of a very commando trip and we were beyond exhausted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter