Bonnet Creek

I think the owner I rented through (ebay) was a VIP member, so that may have had something to do with it.

Technically, this has nothing to do with it. VIP benefits are not transferable to guests. I think it's just that BC is now such a large resort and not many VIPs have reserved specific rooms so requests can be honored. I know that I only reserve a specific room when we go to the beach.

I also think that BC goes out of their way to honor every request that they can, because the magic is glaring them in the face and they want to compete.

I'm renting through Ken Price with vacationupgrades. I called today directly to the resort with the number on the confirmation to make my request. The girl I talked to was very helpful in helping me choose a building. I told her I wanted the building with the new lazy river. She said that was building 5 and asked if I wanted pool view or fireworks view. When I said fireworks view she told me it would be a parking lot view. So I changed it to pool view. Now, I won't know what I get until I get there, which is this Sunday, so we'll see. Personally, if the place is clean, I'll be happy anywhere that's not home.

I called about 3 weeks prior to my arrival and requested bld 5, fireworks view. I knew it was going to be a parking lot view. I am on the 14th floor and so high up, that to see the parking lot, I have to look down. I would not turn down a view like this just because it is a parking lot view. When I look straight out, I see the EPCOT ball :goodvibes If I get a chance while I am still here, I will upload some pics I took from my balcony. If not, I will do it when I get home.. Like I said, to see the parking lot, I need to look down.. when I sit out there, I look straight... and see no cars...:thumbsup2 14 stories high is up there...:goodvibes

BonnetCreekAug2009088.jpg
BonnetCreekAug2009027.jpg
these were taken with a 6 mega pixel camera so it isn't a good zoom camera.. I did have the zoom on for a better pic (not the night pic)

BonnetCreekAug2009089.jpg

the blding you see way in the back is the Contemporary & if you look carefully, you can see the Castle

BonnetCreekAug2009077.jpg
this was taken without the zoom, so this is a true view of the EPCOT ball...

so when they tell you a fireworks view is a parking lot view, this is what you see when you are sitting. To see the parking lot, you have to look down.. that is if you are high enough up... so when you request, you may want to request a higher floor as well.

Mickey Fan, thanks SO much for posting those pictures. Not bad for a parking lot view. I am calling back tomorrow to request fireworks view. I know I may not get it, gee, I may not even get building 5. I will be happy just to be there.

I can't wait to show my daughter the photos you took, she's gonna think that's one nice parking lot view.

Thanks for the info...I will definitely try calling a few weeks prior and see what I can get. The pics are great!

I called about 3 weeks prior to my arrival and requested bld 5, fireworks view. I knew it was going to be a parking lot view. I am on the 14th floor and so high up, that to see the parking lot, I have to look down. I would not turn down a view like this just because it is a parking lot view. When I look straight out, I see the EPCOT ball :goodvibes If I get a chance while I am still here, I will upload some pics I took from my balcony. If not, I will do it when I get home.. Like I said, to see the parking lot, I need to look down.. when I sit out there, I look straight... and see no cars...:thumbsup2 14 stories high is up there...:goodvibes

I agree. We were on the 10th floor, and I loved the view. The parking lot and garage are down below, but it wasn't a distraction to us. We had a beautiful view of the fireworks (could even hear the "booms").

When I go back, I'll ask for building 5 again (the higher the floor the better). :thumbsup2

You are welcome... I could not see anyone turning down this view because they thought they would be looking at cars.. sure, if you are on the first few floors you would be, but once you hit a certian height, the only time you will really see the cars or the garage is if you look down to see them. Other than that, you are looking "out" and that view is beautiful. A friend of mine stopped over, she owns DVC and said so far DVC doesn't have a view like this, but she has not stayed in Bay Lake yet. That would be the only one close enough due to the height. When I look to the right, I can see all the way up to International Dr where they have that bunge ride & I can also see the top of the Hulk.. hard to see it but still can see it... :goodvibes

Today is our lazy day at the resort.. and boy do I need it.. I want to spend more time here than the parks...:lmao: the pools are great....
Most of my family went home. I am here now with one DD & her friend & my neice. I had my neice call her friend & she came down (they live an hour away). They are all between 13-16 & love this place... and that says something for picky teens:thumbsup2 My sisiter will be back tonight, she had to leave to go to work. She'll take her DD & friend home tomorrow.. then just me, DD & her friend.. then home for us on Sunday. I am already trying to figure out when I can come back here..:cool1: While I have 5 trips planned for the rest of the year, they are cheapo trips (Comfort Inn special). I may just cancel my Dec trip and do that one here...:thumbsup2
This has won me over a Disney resort....:thumbsup2 For the price of a moderate, I am in a 2 bedroom :goodvibes I had may fill of Mickey filled rooms I like this....:love:

I agree. We were on the 10th floor, and I loved the view. The parking lot and garage are down below, but it wasn't a distraction to us. We had a beautiful view of the fireworks (could even hear the "booms").

When I go back, I'll ask for building 5 again (the higher the floor the better). :thumbsup2

the booms & krackels...:goodvibes

How much delay is there for the elevators, especially on check in/out day? Are there plenty of luggage carts for guests to use? They don't force you to use bellhops, do they?

I usually request a bottom floor just to avoid the hassle, but those sure are nice views. We'll be there in October.

Sheila

How much delay is there for the elevators, especially on check in/out day? Are there plenty of luggage carts for guests to use? They don't force you to use bellhops, do they?

I usually request a bottom floor just to avoid the hassle, but those sure are nice views. We'll be there in October.

Sheila

I didn't see any bellhops at all (don't really think there were any, but I might be wrong :confused3).

The elevators were very prompt (and I was there during Christmas week which was very busy).

We didn't have any trouble getting a luggage cart, but I don't really remember how many there were. As I said, I was there during peak season.

I didn't see any bellhops at all (don't really think there were any, but I might be wrong :confused3).

The elevators were very prompt (and I was there during Christmas week which was very busy).

We didn't have any trouble getting a luggage cart, but I don't really remember how many there were. As I said, I was there during peak season.

I haven't seen any bellhops either... I didn't have any troube getting a cart for my trip in, and I haven't left yet so I cannot comment on that yet but will let you know.

I haven't seen any bellhops either although I have seen guests being helped with their luggage at the main checkin building. I didn't have any trouble getting a cart in my building when I checked in but I'll see what happens tomorrow when I check out.

A very nice "bellhop" delivered our Garden Grocer order to our room. The first room we were assigned was right in front of the construction, and he waited while I called the front desk to request a different room, and then moved our groceries to the new room. :)

Thanks for the info. I always wonder if there will be bellhops because the Marriott Custom House timeshare in Boston absolutely refused to let guests use a luggage cart. They insisted the bellhops had to do it for "liability reasons". I even argued with the manager about it, since we slep our own luggage around everywhere else. She wouldn't budge. And they only allowed you to park so long in front of the building before you had to allow your car to be swept away by a valet to the VERY expensive parking garage.

Looking forward to our stay. :cheer2:

Sheila

No problem getting a luggage cart during checkout this morning. There was one in our hallway when I was on my way down to print my boarding passes and it was still there when I came back so I just pulled it in our room. Upon leaving I noticed there were about 4 or 5 carts available for use.

No problem getting a luggage cart during checkout this morning. There was one in our hallway when I was on my way down to print my boarding passes and it was still there when I came back so I just pulled it in our room. Upon leaving I noticed there were about 4 or 5 carts available for use.

Lucky you! That wasn't the case when we stayed there last August. When we were ready to leave on Saturday morning there were no luggage carts available. I checked on every floor. The four of us had to carry all of our stuff. Apparantly, most folks grab a cart on the night before they leave and bring it into their room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter