• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonnet Creek Info with Pics

Thanks for sharing your photographs of BC. My family and wife's family is looking forward to staying at BC this mid-late June 2009 on 7th FL of Torre del Viento Tower (lake and Epot view). We purchased this timeshare under new construction in 2004 and now after 5 years you can imagine how excited we are in finally staying here after banking enough points to accommodate our families. We would love for you to share an activities list for our 3 year old son, 11 year old nephew, 12 and 13 year old nieces. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliments and no problem on posting the pics! We have stayed there and rented homes twice in the past. I got a great rate on ebay - $800 for the week for a 2 bdrm deluxe. I was the only one to bid on it, most others 2 bdrms were going for $1200 and up. It was more expensive than the houses we've rented, mainly because we shared a 7 bdrm with relatives (came to around $500 for the week) and the second was my family alone, but I negotiated and got a 6 bdrm for $500 for 6 days I believe. There's room for negotiation on a home (unless you're set on a particular home), which is not an option at Bonnet Creek. This time I went with Bonnet Creek because I wanted a resort instead of a pool house just for the different feel, and since the price worked for us I went with it. If I had not gotten it at this price I was ready to rent a 3 bdrm condo in Windsor Hills, which was a little less, but not much. The location also was a factor - my son is part of the College Program so I wanted to be very close so we could pick him up, drop him off at work and his apt. with the least amount of travel time. If you have kids and are not doing the parks constantly, this resort had activities for them that are not available at a pool home, but you do give up the private pool and no surrounding neighbors. It really comes down to personal preference and what works best for your family whether you choose Bonnet Creek or a pool home/condo.

Last year we stayed at the Contemporary - 10-day PH + DxDP....had a great time, but needed more room (me, DS, and my mom & dad)....this year we tried to see about booking two rooms and even staying at Pop or the other value resorts on-site were going to cost more than staying off-site, so we picked Bonnet Creek. I'm now happy we did with the pics the OP posted - it looks like plenty of room and comfort.

I'm replying to this post to say that with booking into any Wyndham property with the owner, there is a point of negotiation - you just have to know how many points are needed for the week you want and then calculate out how much it'll cost the owner in terms of what it cost them for the points they'll use to book. If they own at BC, then their points cost them .0055 per point, or on a 112,000 point week, $616 + the guest certificate, which I think is $75....so about $691.....anything more than that is negotiable in my mind =) We booked our two weeks with the owner and paid $800 a week, so $1600 for both weeks....they're 112,000 point weeks, so I was ok with their making about $200 on the deal.

IMHO eBay would be one of the sources of last resort I'd use....unless it was a killer deal like you found.....RedWeek, TUG and a few other sites connect you directly to the owner and you can see various others experience with renting/exchanging with them.

Oh, and there is also RCI....I think, if I remember correctly, through RCI the week as an "extra vacation" was going for $1205 - about what they go for typically on eBay.

We've stayed here once before and are headed there for Christmas this year. We didn't plan far enough out to snag on of the presidential units, but I will continue to look everyday for a rare cancellation. The decision was made just two days ago. I will say that no EMH during such a busy time does have me a bit worried. We go a lot, but most of my other family are going for the first time. Such crowds are not a good experience for first timers. Oh well, we'll be at a great resort.

Depending on when you're going, you could actually find value in booking in somewhere on property as a throw away reservation to get parking, EMH and the dining plan.....that what we're actually doing this year - two weeks at Bonnet Creek parallel one room at Pop with DxDP (during free dining)....so we have access to EMH, aren't paying for parking (well we are, we just included it into the cost with or without the Pop room and it worked to our advantage to book into Pop)....for us we really wanted the DxDP and booking into Bonnet Creek + Pop got us that for less than booking ourselves into two rooms at Pop.....and for less than we paid for one room at Contemporary last year for a shorter trip!

If you're not going during free dining, but want the dining plan, parking and EMH, the cheapest option is a tent camping campsite....I think it's like $42 a night? Figure parking alone is $12 a day - adding on the EMH + the savings with the DDP or DxDP, it's worth the throw away reservation. Just some food for thought!

Hi! I've heard of other folks staying offsite during peak periods renting a campsite at Fort Wilderness so that they could gain park entrance, and have access to EMH hours. I have no idea if this is really allowed. But the rates run about $75 per night. If you planning on driving to parks anyways, you probably are going to save $20 off of parking fees. They allow up to 10 people to be registered at one camp-site. While it seems like a lot of money, I'm sure with that added into your weekly rental it is still less than staying onsite at any of the resorts.

Anyone ever try this in the past?

Lisa

I should have read ahead - we're doing it this year - two weeks in a 2-bedroom in BC paralleling a 10-night stay at Pop (one room, 3 adults, 1 child) with DxDP and 10-day park hoppers....since we're going during free dining, even with the upgrade to deluxe, the room package at Pop with BC is less than the same package in two rooms at Pop for us, so a no-brainer to go that way this year!

I just got a great deal from someone on ebay. I'm a little nervous and hope everything works out. I've never done anything like this before. The seller had a ton of great reviews.

Communicate with the seller!

First, offer to send a deposit -- usually about 1/2 of the total you're paying.

They then book the time you'll be going and send you a copy of the confirmation.

You then confirm with BC that you indeed have a reservation....and when they say, yes, you're reserved into X-unit size on X-dates, you then pay the remainder of your winning bid.

Most sellers on eBay won't volunteer to do this, but it's standard and anyone who is an owner and asked to do that knows it's kosher and you're not looking to scam them....remember, they can cancel if you don't pay in full - you lose if they don't book your ressie correctly or at all or send you a fake confirmation.

It's happened....just be cautious on eBay....and also be sure they own and aren't looking to book you in through an extra vacation week with RCI - they're not allowed to sell their guest certificates, so if they get caught (ie. you get caught) you could arrive and not have a place to stay if they booted your reservation out of the system for non-compliance, which was no fault of yours! It's happened - be cautious!

If you purchased on ebay you can set up a paypal account and pay through paypal. Pay pal does not release the funds to the sellers account for 21 days. This gives you time to check your reservation with Bonnet Creek. If there is a problem you file a complaint with paypal and they hold those funds until it is resolved. If no complaint is filed and all is well they release those funds to the seller after 21 days. I own wyndham and cannot always use all my points so I have used ebay to sell extra vacation weeks I will not be able to use. Just make sure the person you have bought from has good feedback. The time to be concerned is when someone is new and has no feedback. Don't purchase and wait for the next auction, one will come around.:surfweb:
Kathleen

This is good advice. But, ultimately you still have to trust the owner, as they can cancel the reservation at any time---they still control it, even after it is in your name. The owner also has to trust you; ultimately they are responsible for any damage you might do.

I've been both a renter and rentee and I've found that I can usually get a good sense for a person after a few email messages, or possibly a phone call.

This thread has been great. We usually rent from DVC owners, but aren't thrilled with the change in the point structure. So, this year I think we will definitely look into BC. It's so convenient and looks beautiful. It will be nice to have a two bedroom unit for less than what we pay for a studio or one bedroom at Disney. I know we'll miss DVC, but hopefully will like the extra space at BC. Plus, free mini golf!

Hi! I've heard of other folks staying offsite during peak periods renting a campsite at Fort Wilderness so that they could gain park entrance, and have access to EMH hours. I have no idea if this is really allowed. But the rates run about $75 per night. If you planning on driving to parks anyways, you probably are going to save $20 off of parking fees. They allow up to 10 people to be registered at one camp-site. While it seems like a lot of money, I'm sure with that added into your weekly rental it is still less than staying onsite at any of the resorts.

Anyone ever try this in the past?

Lisa

We have done that for EMH, Night time entry and magical express. A few of us drive and some fly, magical express take people from the airport to fort wilderness outpost we just pick them up there. Bonnet Creek is great we have stayed in a 3 bedroom, a 2 bedroom and we are going back and staying in a 4 bedroom presidential suite.

and also be sure they own and aren't looking to book you in through an extra vacation week with RCI - they're not allowed to sell their guest certificates, so if they get caught (ie. you get caught) you could arrive and not have a place to stay if they booted your reservation out of the system for non-compliance, which was no fault of yours! It's happened - be cautious!

I realize this is an old post I'm quoting, but it has me very nervous. I bought two rooms for October (2 BR units) from the seller "magicalholidays" on Ebay. They have a 100% positive rating.

That said, my certificates that I got are RCI certificates, and say "A very special gift from: EVR SKY AUCTION"

Then my name is listed. I bought them in February, and I have called WBC several times and they don't show my reservation at all. They said that the ones from RCI don't come through until much closer to the actual check in date. I also called RCI and they found my reservation in the system and said they would fax over a copy to WBC so they could manually put in the reservation. But when I checked with WBC that hadn't been done. WBC told me to wait until it was closer to check in to call back and confirm.

How do I know if I have valid reservations? I looked at the feedback for the seller and everyone said they had a great trip and would buy again, and RCI also showed them in their system, so I'm not super nervous, but still, I wonder..... I would feel SO much better if WBC could just confirm they see my reservation in the computer....

Just bumping in hopes of someone who might know something about my reservation? (see above post).

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :teeth:

I realize this is an old post I'm quoting, but it has me very nervous. I bought two rooms for October (2 BR units) from the seller "magicalholidays" on Ebay. They have a 100% positive rating.

That said, my certificates that I got are RCI certificates, and say "A very special gift from: EVR SKY AUCTION"

Then my name is listed. I bought them in February, and I have called WBC several times and they don't show my reservation at all. They said that the ones from RCI don't come through until much closer to the actual check in date. I also called RCI and they found my reservation in the system and said they would fax over a copy to WBC so they could manually put in the reservation. But when I checked with WBC that hadn't been done. WBC told me to wait until it was closer to check in to call back and confirm.

How do I know if I have valid reservations? I looked at the feedback for the seller and everyone said they had a great trip and would buy again, and RCI also showed them in their system, so I'm not super nervous, but still, I wonder..... I would feel SO much better if WBC could just confirm they see my reservation in the computer....

Desparately need your advice. We purchased a weeks stay at Bonnet Creek through Magicalholidays on Ebay. Checking in on the 18th of August, and B.C. still does not show any reservations under our name. I am getting really nervous. How was your experience with them? I have sent an email and still no response from the seller. I saw that you had contacted RCI directly and received confirmation that it was on their systems. We have been attempting to contact RCI as well and the main number listed on certificate (800-338-7777) is clueless as well as the certificate department they punted my call to. Would love to know which department you reached out to and if you have their phone number. Thanks in advance. :scared:

Desparately need your advice. We purchased a weeks stay at Bonnet Creek through Magicalholidays on Ebay. Checking in on the 18th of August, and B.C. still does not show any reservations under our name. I am getting really nervous. How was your experience with them? I have sent an email and still no response from the seller. I saw that you had contacted RCI directly and received confirmation that it was on their systems. We have been attempting to contact RCI as well and the main number listed on certificate (800-338-7777) is clueless as well as the certificate department they punted my call to. Would love to know which department you reached out to and if you have their phone number. Thanks in advance. :scared:

Hi

Our reservation through magicalholidays worked out beautifully. I had no problems whatsoever. I also found Don (the guy at Magicalholidays) to be very nice and responsive.

It does seem odd that you wouldn't have anything yet under your name. And I recall receiving a written confirmation from WBC a couple of weeks before our trip. So I am assuming you didn't get that either?

I would just keep calling RCI (I used the number on the certificate - don't have them anymore so I don't know if I had a different number) and email Don again. I really think he will come through for you.

It does sound odd, and I would want some confirmation, but I wouldn't exactly worry just yet since I don't think he's a scammer in any way.

Good luck and let me know how it works out - I will be interested to hear how it all turns out for you.

Relax ... chill ... you are just getting excited because your vacation is near.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

99 times out of 100 ... everything works out just fine.
Do you really believe that the 1% chance has your name on it.

By the way ... I do understand ... because the WBC process for holding a

Reservation is a bit different than the Standard Hotel model ... Relax.

Have a Great / Happy vacation.

Hi

Our reservation through magicalholidays worked out beautifully. I had no problems whatsoever. I also found Don (the guy at Magicalholidays) to be very nice and responsive.

It does seem odd that you wouldn't have anything yet under your name. And I recall receiving a written confirmation from WBC a couple of weeks before our trip. So I am assuming you didn't get that either?

I would just keep calling RCI (I used the number on the certificate - don't have them anymore so I don't know if I had a different number) and email Don again. I really think he will come through for you.

It does sound odd, and I would want some confirmation, but I wouldn't exactly worry just yet since I don't think he's a scammer in any way.

Good luck and let me know how it works out - I will be interested to hear how it all turns out for you.

Thank you so much for reassuring me. :)
I finally got a responsible RCI representative in the Certificate Department that did a search for my reservation under the EVR Sky Auction account with RCI and were able to tracked it. It was faxed over by them immediately to Wyndham B.C. and is now appearing on their systems. Phew!!!

What I have learned during this process is the following:
I should always get a confirmation number for the reservation, or the RCI Certificate Number from the Seller if it is for an EVR Sky Auction. With that information, RCI could get involved and troubleshoot with the resort. Especially in a similar situation if the seller is contactable only via eBay email, and it is close to date of check in. Bonnet Creek was quite adamant that if we arrived with merely the Guest Certificate provided to me by Magicalholidays, and there was no reservation under our name, they would not be able to honor it.

Magicalholidays has 100% rating with Ebay, so he is obviously a reputable seller, and takes good care of the winners of his auctions. I am not sure what happened with our reservation. I haven’t still had a response from Don, could it be that he is an international seller (we live on the east coast)? That may account for the delay in response. :confused3

Well that's just a dumb reply. funkymunky has every reason to be concerned considering they have no record of her reservation that is in 6 DAYS. :rolleyes: Her mind isn't playing tricks on her. :rolleyes2

Editing to add, this is in response to ibob52's post.

Funkymunky and I were posting at the same time! SOOOOO glad it worked out! I do not think that Don is an international seller. Could be he's just on vacation himself or sick or who knows what. But I was pretty confident it would get worked out. So glad I was right. Have a GREAT trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter