• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonnet Creek Info with Pics

lsayd

Mouseketeer
as promised!

We were there last week and it is a beautiful resort. This is the front entrance of the main building where you check in

IMG100672.jpg

Just a note to those renting - when you check in you are sent to a second desk where you are asked to sign up for a tour. The woman was very nice, however, it was obvious she was not going to give up and let us go until we signed up for a time. So we did, so we could go to our room, but then did not show up. They did offer $75 cash and a 3 day/2 night stay (not sure if it was for Bonnet Creek only or all their resorts), but it was not worth the time for us.

The staff were all very nice and as accomodating as they could be. We were told by the owner we rented from that we were on the lake side of the building, but we ended out being on the parking lot side. The gentleman that checked us in bent over backwards to make us feel better about this, but there was just so much he could do (we ended out in Bldg 2 Room 641). So, the view wasn't as nice, however, we did have a view of Pop Century (zoomed in - from our balcony)

IMG100022.jpg

and really heard very little construction noise (two bldgs are going up around the lake and an addition is being built to the main building). I also had the pleasure of watching the morning balloons taking off as I ate breakfast from the balcony on our "early" days (they took off around 7:30 am)

IMG100434.jpg

And on to the room itself - it was spacious and very clean. The kitchen was fully stocked and we had plenty of towels. We did not have pool towels, however (they should be in your room when you arrive), but that was taken care of for us quickly. We also had a clogged drain in one of the sinks, that was fixed within 15 minutes of calling down to notify the front desk of this.

The decor - pictures speak better than words!

The master bedroom

IMG100014.jpg

The kitchen

IMG100016.jpg

The dining area

IMG100015.jpg

The living room

IMG100018.jpg

a large tv armoire was across from the couch

and the second bedroom

IMG100019.jpg

Recreation - there are 2 pools, a lazy river, water play areas at both pools, a mini golf course, volleyball area (no pic - sorry!), playground, rec room with a pool table and games, a ping pong table outside of the main building, and an activities center.

The first pool and the lazy river are behind the main building, along with a water play area

IMG100056.jpg

IMG100059.jpg

IMG100466.jpg

The rec room pool table in the main bldg

IMG100062.jpg

The slide pool and "mushroom" are between bldgs 2 and 3 - the slide was geared toward younger kids, mine are 13 and 15 and they said it was very slow and small, but for younger kids I'm sure it's lots of fun. It was open from 9-5 each day.

IMG100467.jpg

IMG100033.jpg

IMG100280.jpg

And the playground

IMG100050.jpg

and mini golf course

IMG100049.jpg

They had daily activities, we were given a list at check-in. If people are interested I can post what they were. There was shuttle service to the parks(we had a rental car so we did not use it) - I can also post the times and info we were given if anyone is interested.

Again, this is a very nice place, and as we all know, the location is great. I doubt anyone staying there would regret it. I would certainly stay there again, except for the fact that we bought into DVC while we were down there(!). If anyone has any questions, please ask away.

I'm interested in the schedule of activities and the transportation times you were given. We always stay on Disney property, but I'm considering this for the next trip. I'd love to see and compare. My DH is a little nervous about giving up the convenience of Disney transportation.

Bonnet Creek is a beautiful resort. Just a word of caution to anyone renting - views and rooms are not guaranteed. VIP Platinum and VIP gold members do have this option available to them, but once they get the guest certificate for the renter all guarantees are off. You can of course still request it. Just don't want others to be disappointed at check in.

You can find them on ebay, redweek, and maybe tug. They don't do "traditional" rentals; you have to find an owner who is willing to rent you their points.

Thanks for the good photos! I can't wait. Did you happen to see the presidential suite? Just looking for photos of it and can't find any!

Thanks,

Robyn

No, we did not visit the Presidential Suite. Here's the transportation info and activity brochure we received:

bctimes1.jpg

bctimes2.jpg

bcactivity1.jpg
bcactivity2.jpg

bcactivity3.jpg

bcactivity4-1.jpg

bcactivity5-1.jpg

bcactivity6-1.jpg

bcactivity7-1.jpg

Sorry that these are blurry - the scans were much clearer until I resized. I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

The pictures are great!! Do they have internet in the rooms and if they do what was the cost?? Thanks!

Thanks - I don't know if there was internet in the rooms. I know there wasn't a wireless connection. There are 2 computers with internet service and printers in the rec room (if you look real close at the pool table picture, they are behind it) that people were using for email and such. Their phone # is 407-238-3500, they should be able to answer your question for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Thanks so much for the great pictures. I would not mind staying there. We went to a timeshare presentation for that resort before it was built, but did not buy in because we already owned DVC.

Was staying there cheaper than renting a private pool home? Do you mind sharing what rate you paid?

It depends on the week, but it typically won't be cheaper, unless you are booking through a VIP member making a last-minute (two months or less) reservation. A peak season week seems to rent on ebay for an average of $1400, and maybe a bit more. So, this isn't necessarily a frugal way to visit.

I think I'd rather rent a pool house or condo. I don't see what the draw to staying at this resort is :confused3 ?

I am getting to ready to book a week at Bonnet Creek. I am a little nervous because we usually rent from DVC members, but we can rent BC in this case for MUCH less.

Is there an onsite restaurant yet?

I read that there is only a snack bar/grill. It also looks as if a rental car would be necessary, in order to take advantage of proximity to Downtown Disney/Typhon Lagoon, etc.

Thanks!

Funny to read this post. Our friend own at Fairfield and I just got a call to see the Tahoe resort. I already own at DVC so we will not be buying but it is a cheap vacation and we will just have to keep saying that we don't do anything without checking with our financial ad visor first. I really hate hard sell timeshares.

Thank you so much for sharing those photos. You did an excellent job. I just found out we will be in building 2 on the lake side. Is this a good location Will we be able to see Epcot from here? Is it close to pool and food and fun stuff if we need it?

Thanks for the pictures. We have DVC but think we will be short points for next year and would love to try Bonnet Creek. It looks great :thumbsup2

After staying at Bonnet Creek last December we ended up purchasing there!

Yes...there is broadband in each room, but it was slow.

Thanks for the compliments and no problem on posting the pics! We have stayed there and rented homes twice in the past. I got a great rate on ebay - $800 for the week for a 2 bdrm deluxe. I was the only one to bid on it, most others 2 bdrms were going for $1200 and up. It was more expensive than the houses we've rented, mainly because we shared a 7 bdrm with relatives (came to around $500 for the week) and the second was my family alone, but I negotiated and got a 6 bdrm for $500 for 6 days I believe. There's room for negotiation on a home (unless you're set on a particular home), which is not an option at Bonnet Creek. This time I went with Bonnet Creek because I wanted a resort instead of a pool house just for the different feel, and since the price worked for us I went with it. If I had not gotten it at this price I was ready to rent a 3 bdrm condo in Windsor Hills, which was a little less, but not much. The location also was a factor - my son is part of the College Program so I wanted to be very close so we could pick him up, drop him off at work and his apt. with the least amount of travel time. If you have kids and are not doing the parks constantly, this resort had activities for them that are not available at a pool home, but you do give up the private pool and no surrounding neighbors. It really comes down to personal preference and what works best for your family whether you choose Bonnet Creek or a pool home/condo.

As to the Bldg 2 question - yes, it's a good location - the slide pool is right outside the building, as is the mini golf course. The playground and volleyball court were a minute or 2 walk. Depending on what floor you're on, you may see the fireworks. The main bldg. blocks the view of Epcot from the lower floors. Being we were on the other side of the bldg, I'm not sure if you'd actually see the Epcot ball from your balcony. It could be seen (through the trees) from the front of the main bldg - a place to watch the fireworks if you cannot see from your balcony - 4th floor of the main bldg right outside the elevator is a French door (was locked) facing the front of the bldg. From there we were able to see the MK and Epcot fireworks (simultaneoulsy since they were both at 9 pm when we were there!).

There were no restaurants on site, only 2 snack bar/grills (one at the slide pool, one in the main bldg).

I don't know what floor we will be on! I wonder how high up you have to be to see past the main building? I have to say thanks again for all the great info! I will be sure to do the same in July!

This is what I do know== We are in Building 2 on the lake side in the 4 bedroom suite. I wish I knew what floor? Maybe the top floor since it is Presidential suite?? We aren't the owners my parents are so that is why I know so little

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter