Boma: Is it too adventurous for my family??

Sweetpeamd

Mouseketeer
My family members are not the most adventurous people when it comes to dining. We don't get to the world too often. I am dying to try Boma but I am afraid everyone will be mad at me for picking it for one of our few TS meals on our upcoming trip. I see that the reviews seem to be excellent. Do they serve enough American-ized dishes to suit picky-ish eaters? Thanks!

My family members are not the most adventurous people when it comes to dining. We don't get to the world too often. I am dying to try Boma but I am afraid everyone will be mad at me for picking it for one of our few TS meals on our upcoming trip. I see that the reviews seem to be excellent. Do they serve enough American-ized dishes to suit picky-ish eaters? Thanks!

Honestly, if you will only eat a few table service meals, I would avoid Boma. If you are open to a lot of different seasoning and foods I would have said go for it but some of their offerings are intimidating to look at even if you aren't picky.

I have 2 VERY picky and intimidated eaters in my house and we all enjoy Boma! There is plenty of American-like food. You shouldn't have a Problem.

I've been a cook for 30+ years and I'm not that adventurous. I did not enjoy Boma at all. Well, except for the zebra domes.

I can't wait for our Boma dinner!

My kids are super picky but I don't care.

We choose other restaurants for them, and this one is for hubby & I! :goodvibes

How long is your trip? If it is more than just a few days I say go for it! What is one potentially bad meal out of a week? And how old are the people in your group? If you are not a family with small kids maybe you could send the kids to Mara the CS place in AKL or leave them in the hotel room and have Boma be a mom and dad meal?

I agree with the PP that said if you only have a few TS meals, I would skip BOMA. DH and I are not picky eaters but didn't love BOMA. We certainly didn't leave hungry but we just were not fans of the particular seasonings used in most of the dishes. Many of the *savory* dishes had a lot of *sweet* to them, and there seemed to be a lot of cinammon in many of the dishes. Not sure what the other specific spices were, but they definately seemed to be present in a lot of the offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter