Boma! I am Thanksgiving full

Lizgistix

resorts fan
I had the pleasure of dining at Boma just a few weeks ago.
The buffet is back and it's chaotic as ever, both inside and outside. Well, outside meaning the area outside of the restaurant where people wait until their table is ready. The staff are great, and my server recommendations were some of the best items I had that night.

While the ribs weren't that impressive, the steak was nice, although cooked rare to med-rare. The Boma mustard I had with it was a surprise hit.
I tried two of the four soups and both were very very good.
For sides, I stuck mostly with vegetables, however the peanut rice was odd and I was surprisingly into it. It tasted like peanut butter mixed into rice.
Desserts were a mixed bag. I tried the famous zebra dome, which was fantastic. I was also impressed with the mango-guava tarte which looked lovely and tasted just as nice. The other two desserts were just okay. Then again I was reaching the point where I didn't want to look at food, so I didn't spend much time on dessert.

After dinner, I had to sit outside for a while to recover.
Most stations had a logical flow to them except the soup area, where people were walking from right to left, but the soup bowls were on the left, after the soups, so that was odd.

On to the pictures. While eaten at different times, I'll group courses together.
First the soups.
I wish I could remember what this was. My server recommended it. It was fantastic. Checking the Boma menu isn't helping. Maybe a corn chowder?
20220509_190545.jpg

This was a curry lamb stew (I think) and it was also very good.
20220509_192834.jpg

Dinner plate number 1. Disappointing ribs. Steak. Green beans, black-eyed peas, and peanut rice. Also Boma mustard that should be sold in bottles.
20220509_190550.jpg

Close up of the peanut rice. I liked all the sides that I tried.
20220509_191442.jpg

Plate number 2. More steak. More Boma mustard. Tried another rib because I didn't want to give up on the ribs. (still wasn't impressed) and the peanut crusted salmon that was too dry because it's sitting on a buffet line losing moisture.
20220509_192837.jpg

Sweet corn pudding that was on the meat station and came in individual bowls that needed to be larger bowls because it was really good.
20220509_192843.jpg

Dessert, from top to bottom, left to right.
Apple cake thing - dry, didn't like it.
Mango guava tart - loved it!
Coffee mousse tart - thought I would love it, but didn't.
The famed zebra dome that I now understand why people rave about them.

20220509_194809.jpg

And then a cross-section of the dome because I was under the impression the dome part was going to be a hard white chocolate, but it was all soft and yummy.
20220509_194916.jpg

The selections are never perfect, but Boma is without a doubt one of our few 'must-dos' on our Disney trips. We love it there. It was still rebounding from Covid closure when we were there in January, but it was so good to get back. Absolutely love the soup selections. Great pictures! Looking forward to our return in December!

I can't believe I checked out and left without going to The Mara for a 4-pack of zebra domes. Although to be fair, even though I live 90 minutes away from WDW, they wouldn't have made it all the way home. :rotfl:

Thank you so much for your review of Boma. I’m really looking to dining there on 7/2. I have the feeling I’ll need to skip lunch that day. 😁😁

I love Boma. Great review, OP. Agreed their soups are superb. And such a great spot if you aren't a meat-eater. Thanks for letting us know that all is well at Boma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter