BOG What's the secret?

The main thing would be to try for BOG first and near to the end of your trip. Remember that people that are arriving up to 10 days before you have already booked their ADRs. I always do this and we have always gotten a reservation for both lunch and dinner.

I guess I got lucky. I was on my computer at 5 am (central time) on my 180 + 10 day and got the day and time I wanted. BOG was the first one I tried. There will be five of us this trip. The pixie dust must have been aimed at me that day. Because I decided after I had made all ADRs, to just try CRT for 5 on our last day knowing having an odd number can be rough. Got it for breakfast. - 8:05. I figured it was a birthday gift from Walt. (My ADR day was on my birthday).

Just got back. Had breakfast 3 times and lunch once during our 10 day stay. Two of the ADR's were obtained using TP and the other 2 we got while we were on property using MDE app. I was surprised at the availability of many restaurants last minute that showed nothing for all of 180 days prior to our arrival.

Should I be online on the 180 day mark at midnight to try to get?
do you stay on property so that you have the 180d + 10 advantage? If so then be on the computer 180 days at 6am. Try to put it later in your trip so that you might have a slight advantage in getting the reservation. It might depend on when you are going too. Times when they offer free dining or during a major holiday can be a little more difficult. Otherwise just keep stalking and if you use the reservation finder -- you have to log on immediately to try and snag the reservation. If you wait an hour that reservation will be gone.

I used the touring plan finder. We are going Jan 2-7 and just booked last week. Got an alert last night for the day and pretty much the time I wanted for lunch. I have seen dinner available most nights but it’s not worth two credits since we are on the dining plan.

I have 6 people and it was difficult but a few opened up closer to our date. We used touring plans reservation finder and had great luck

Just signed up for TP reservation finder an hour ago for BOG lunch and breakfast for our trip this week, and I've already been alerted to three lunches and two PPO breakfasts. Got one lunch on the day we wanted, but still looking for PPO a specific day. This is incredible!

I was doing the same thing before our trip in September. I kept searching and searching and never found a breakfast or lunch reservation at BOG. Two weeks before we left I mentioned it to my husband and less than five minutes later he’d had a breakfast reservation for 4 pop up and booked it. Then he looked at me and asked what the big deal was? :rolleyes: Sometimes I think it’s pure luck.

LOL-similar situation here. We typically plan and book our trips about 4 months ahead, so of course all the BOG ADRs for a party of 5 are gone by then. I checked religiously, 3-5 times a day for 2 months. I tried parties of 5 and 6, and I tried breaking us up into groups of 2 and 3 hoping for reservations a few minutes apart. I did reservation finders through both of the sites mentioned, but by the time I saw the notifications and logged in it was always too late to get them. The best I could find was 1 reservation for 2 at an inconvenient time or a reservation for 1 at a good time, so I made the reservation for just me in case I never found anything for all of us. (I was the one who really wanted to go. Although my preference was for all of us to go for a meal, the backup plan was me going in alone and just getting the gray stuff cupcake.) DH knew I was trying, and on a whim he logged in one day to check. Of course he found the perfect reservations, PPO breakfast for a party of 5!

I would strongly recommend not wasting your time or money doing BOG for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The food is overpriced and underwhelming. The crowds are downright obnoxious. If you want to see the castle, go toward the end of the evening for dessert. You’ll have no problem getting in.

I know I'm late to the party, but during the summer both my brother (7 people) and my family (6 people) had over-lapping trips. Our one joint day was spent in Magic Kingdom. We both tried to get BOG for lunch for our trips individually and multiple days and absolutely no luck. Just fooling around a week before I noticed I could get multiple reservations for both breakfast and lunch. We both managed to get reservations at the same time so we could eat together AND we had a choice of times. I think they're definitely holding back some reservations there is no way based on all the checking that these times were booked before and people just dropped them. My 2 cents!

I would strongly recommend not wasting your time or money doing BOG for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The food is overpriced and underwhelming. The crowds are downright obnoxious. If you want to see the castle, go toward the end of the evening for dessert. You’ll have no problem getting in.

This advice is outdated. BOG dinner is not a fixed cost meal and is pretty darn expensive for what you are served. . If you use the DDP it is now 2 credits. You can no longer enter and order a cupcake and coffee during the dinner hour, so if one wants to see the inside and does nto want to spent $60 for dinner or use 2 credits, breakfast or lunch it is.

I also want to add that dining is subjective. BOG is one of my favorite QS choices, for lunch, for a variety of reasons. The braised pork is reminiscent of the pork my mom used to make for Sunday dinner when I was a child. I order it every time I am there, and every time that meal takes me back to my childhood and offers me a nostalgic memory of my Mom.

I would strongly recommend not wasting your time or money doing BOG for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The food is overpriced and underwhelming. The crowds are downright obnoxious.

We preorder, so we avoid the lines and do a late lunch, when crowds are winding down. By the time we leave, most people are gone. We find it to be a relaxing and enjoyable break from the park. And we love the turkey sandwich/croque mousieur and french onion soup. :)

Most items are unique and not something you can order at other counter service restaurants at Disney and I think the prices for lunch are on par with other Disney eateries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter