BoG PPO or Fantasyland EMM?

twixieshores

Earning My Ears
I currently have a reservation for BoG at 8:25 and just learned that Disney made that day an Early Magic Morning day for Fantasyland. Am I better off keeping my reservation for Be our Guest or should I splurge and buy the ticket? I'm travelling solo, so it will just be one ticket to buy. Also, I noticed that the breakfast provided is at Cosmic Ray's. Anyone know how the food compares to what I'd get at BoG? Thanks in advance

Do you want to do all of the rides that are offered during EMM? And are you looking forward to eating at BOG or was it just to get in early? Depending on those answers would depend on what I would do. Personally I wouldn’t do it for just me... but that’s because the rides open at EMM are rides that I wouldn’t typically ride if going solo... also my understanding is that you can show up early for BOG breakfast and get in and out in time to be in line for 7dmt... which is pretty much the only ride I’d do solo there. Again that’s me, if you want to do all those rides then you may just want it knock it out early and move out of there before it’s overrun.

I'm planning on doing Peter Pan and 7DMT. Winnie the Pooh was an "if I have time, I'll ride it" sort of thing. As for Be our Guest, I do want to see the inside, but I also booked a lunch reservation, just in case this happened.

Since it's just you, I'd do EMM. We did PPO BOG food was ok. We lined up by the rode near 7D. That day they opened it early and we got 2 rides on 7D, just got to PP as the RD crowd was coming around the corner. Waited about 10 minutes for PP

Since it's just you, I'd do EMM. We did PPO BOG food was ok. We lined up by the rode near 7D. That day they opened it early and we got 2 rides on 7D, just got to PP as the RD crowd was coming around the corner. Waited about 10 minutes for PP

This is the information I wanted to know. I have an ADR for 8:05 at Be Our Guest and wanted to make sure we would be able to still get to 7DMT and PP with minimal wait at Rope Drop. (Although, if we didn't get on PP, I would be okay with that... not my family's favorite ride).

This is the information I wanted to know. I have an ADR for 8:05 at Be Our Guest and wanted to make sure we would be able to still get to 7DMT and PP with minimal wait at Rope Drop. (Although, if we didn't get on PP, I would be okay with that... not my family's favorite ride).
I will say that nothing is guaranteed with a PPO BOG ressie, but it did work out for us. Just make sure to use pre-order

Is is true that if I book an 8:25 am BOG breakfast I can still just go there at 8:05 am and order an eat?

Also, can I order less meals than my full party and share?

Is is true that if I book an 8:25 am BOG breakfast I can still just go there at 8:05 am and order an eat?
You can arrive even earlier, get through the turnstiles at 7:45 am and arrive at the BOG entrance before 8:00 am. I suggest that you preorder on MDE so you don't have to wait in two lines (check-in and then the order line).

Also, can I order less meals than my full party and share?
You can order as much or as little as you like: a full meal for everyone in your party, a kid's meal, or just a coffee. On the preorder menu, you can order a cupcake if you like.

You can order as much or as little as you like: a full meal for everyone in your party, a kid's meal, or just a coffee. On the preorder menu, you can order a cupcake if you like.

This makes me so happy. I was kinda sweating a little because breakfast at BOG is so expensive. And I don't even eat that much food in the morning!

You can arrive even earlier, get through the turnstiles at 7:45 am and arrive at the BOG entrance before 8:00 am. I suggest that you preorder on MDE so you don't have to wait in two lines (check-in and then the order line).

So we are 7 and I got 4 at 8:25 and 3 at 9:10. Hopefully they will let us in all together 8:15. Anyone know if they have leniency to do that? I will also keep stalking to see if I can move the 3 earlier. We go in May.

So we are 7 and I got 4 at 8:25 and 3 at 9:10. Hopefully they will let us in all together 8:15. Anyone know if they have leniency to do that? I will also keep stalking to see if I can move the 3 earlier. We go in May.
Unfortunately, I think only the people in your party with a PPO ARD (a reservation before 9 am on a 9 am park opening day) will be allowed into Fantasyland before 9. You may want to put in a Touring Plans dining request (it's a great service!) to move the 3 in your party to a PPO time. At the MK turnstiles, you go to the line on the far left and a CM checks your magic band; each person with a PPO ARD gets a 'ticket' that you then give to another CM at the Fantasyland entrance (they may check your magic band again - I can't remember). You then go to the BOG entrance; there are two lines, one for guests who have preordered on MDE and the other for those who haven't (takes longer if you haven't preordered). We had an 8:15 am ADR, got to the park ridiculously early, and were first in line at BOG in the preorder line. They did not make us wait until the 8:00 ADRs entered - it was first come, first served. We went straight to the cashier who checked our order and asked us how we wanted to pay. Since we were so early, we could sit anywhere in BOG and found a table in the West Wing (very interesting room!). They brought us our food around 8:10 and we were done and in line for SDMT by 8:40 am.

FYI, don't expect this if your day is an EMM day. In that case, they often hold the PPO crowd until right at 9 and then you'll be looking at a line for Peter Pan. It's a big difference between a normal park open and an EMM in terms of the BoG PPO experience.

Set up a touring plans reservation finder for a party of one at 8am. You can move folks one at a time as things open up. Much more likely to find three single slots at some point in the 8am hour than finding a party of 3.

You would want to have something preordered and purchased on each reservation, even if it's just a cupcake or coffee, so that each one is confirmed as "there" and you don't get hit with a no-show fee.

FYI, don't expect this if your day is an EMM day. In that case, they often hold the PPO crowd until right at 9 and then you'll be looking at a line for Peter Pan. It's a big difference between a normal park open and an EMM in terms of the BoG PPO experience.

This is a good point raised here. My thinking is...with a BOG breakfast its about the best 'rope drop' we can do for SDMT without the stress of an actual rope drop, or the cost of EMM. But yes it seems it would be even better on a day without EMM. It costs more than an actual RD but we have to eat something anyway and we like that castle dining room a lot.

EMM is good though, even with the recent complaints of increased crowds/waits. The cost covers 3 great rides, breakfast, an RD on another big ride of your choice at 9am, and the keeping of 3FP+ for the rest of the day without having to use them on these 3 rides.

So one could do:

SDMT (EMM, and more than once)
PP (EMM)
Pooh (EMM)
Space (RD)
Splash (FP)
BTMRR (FP)
HM (FP)

with zero waits. Plus breakfast. For $80 extra to your ticket. Not terrible at all.

For us...we will still do all the above just over our 8 days in the parks.

Last edited:
We went on an EMM day (Tuesday, 2/26) and were allowed to enter the SDMT standby line at 8:55 am before the RD arrived. We got one 'free' ride on SDMT without a wait. We had a FP for PP so didn't check the wait there after riding SDMT but headed straight to SM and only had a 5 minute wait in standby.

Set up a touring plans reservation finder for a party of one at 8am. You can move folks one at a time as things open up. Much more likely to find three single slots at some point in the 8am hour than finding a party of 3.

You would want to have something preordered and purchased on each reservation, even if it's just a cupcake or coffee, so that each one is confirmed as "there" and you don't get hit with a no-show fee.
Fantastic idea...many thanks for sharing it. Didn't even need Touring Plans as there were already single ressies available. We are all booked pre-opening now. Thanks again.

Since it's *first come, first served*, make sure to arrive EARLY, well before your ADR times. By around 8:20 or so, on the day we were there, most of the tables were already taken and there was a line to get into BOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter