Boat Dock @ SSR

wvalx

Mouseketeer
Wouldn't it make sense to put the boat dock at the fireworks viewing pavilion?

Personally, I think having it near the lobby is much better than having it near villas. Theres alot of foot and boat traffic in the immediate area, so it should be over near the common area.

It does seem to make sense to group all the "common" facilities - Check-in, Spa, Pool, Dock, Food Court, Cinema - in one area.

Plus, putting the dock near the Fireworks Pavillion would make it more of a hike for those in Bldgs 5-12, particularly the ones at the far end of the lake.

Unfortunately, the marina is not particularly close to the lobby area at the resort. Because of the resort configuration, IMO, there is no great spot for the marina. It's present location is out of the way of the boats on the lake and is protected in it's Trumbo Canal area. If it were placed near the Fireworks Pavillion, it would require lots of foot traffic thru parking lots and grounds of Buildings 2 and 3. In it's present spot it seems to be a similar distance from Buildings 1-4, 5,6 and the lobby. Buildings 8-12 will have a bit further distance to travel (maybe 200 yards farther).

For most buildings (3,4,7-12) it will be about the same distance to walk to DD as to walk to the marina.

Enjoy!

can they make a stop and pick us up on the way??? :D

I think even people in buildings 1-2 will walk to DD. I guess we'll have to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter