Boardwalk room available

HAs anyone ever used e-bay to purchase park passes or a hotel stay such as this one? I have seen park passes on e-bay and have been tempted to purchase them but I'm hesitant as I don't know anyone who has done this.

It's illegal to sell partially used WDW passes. (Florida law). If ebay administration becomes aware of the sale, it will be cancelled/removed from the site.

Buying partially used passes from anyone you do not know is risky. There is no way to tell (without going to one of the parks or on site guest services desks) how may unused days are actually left. If the ticket turns out to be less than you were told, you will have no recourse at all from Disney. You could lose your money.

IMHO, whoever buys the time at BWV will likely be disappointed. Availability there for the rest of this year is quite limited. It is possible that the buyer will not be able to find 4 consecutive days available at the resort. Of course, if that is the case, I would expect that athe seller would return the buyers $$ and cancel the sale.

I totally agree about partially used PH tickets -- it is against eBay policy and there is no way to tell, other than at the park turnstiles, if there's any time left on them. I recommend to stay away from partially used tickets. Unfortunately, I don't think eBay does anywhere near enough to prevent these sales despite their disclaimers.

In regards to the BWV accomodations, I feel the price is reasonable. BWV is one of the more popular destinations on property but there may not be any reason to believe consecutive availability during the 2nd slowest part of the year would be a problem. Anyone else have other thoughts?

Anyone thinking of bidding on this auction can ask if they would have the seller make the ressies before the auction close. The seller would risk little if they are a DVC member -- with this timeframe, they can cancel without risk of losing any points while still guaranteeing the buyer the desired ressies. This auction is only slightly different from the points trading going on here on the Disboards -- only you don't have guaranteed points but rather guaranteed locale and days.

Just my two bits...

It is the slowest time in the PARKS. It is one of the busiest times for DVC accomodations because of low point requirements. Unless the reservation has already been made, the odds are very bad of "picking" any 4 consecutive nights. Hop over to the DVC boards and look around - you will see a fair amount of conversation about DVC being virtually sold out from October thru December.

...and by the way, the DVC rules expressly state that a 1 BDRM is restricted to 4 people plus one child under three. So, the person selling the room is not being totally truthful by saying with children you could fit six. I'm not sure where you'd put six, anyway. There is a king in the bedroom and a pullout queen in the livingroom. There is also a pack-n-play type crib. DVC will not supply any cots or trundles or linens for extra bedding.

When I looked at the ad on ebay, the picture is of the Boardwalk Inn. Is the picture wrong or do they have one bedrooms at the Boardwalk Inn?

Originally posted by nuthut
When I looked at the ad on ebay, the picture is of the Boardwalk Inn. Is the picture wrong or do they have one bedrooms at the Boardwalk Inn?

The picture is Boardwalk Inn, but underneath it says Boardwalk Villas and the diagram is of a 1 bedroom villa at Boardwalk Villas (not Inn). I noticed at the bottom it says 9/1 to 9/5, but it also says choose any dates. :confused:

Somewhere in the Vacation Magic or somewhere else I saw the Boardwalk Inn be promoted by DVC and a DVC property. Where was that? Seems like many are getting confused. Disney should sell points for the Boardwalk Inn too. Maybe it would lessen the demand for the villas.

Originally posted by DebbieB
...I noticed at the bottom it says 9/1 to 9/5, but it also says choose any dates. :confused:

I missed the dates on the ebay listing when I first looked at it. Apparently, the seller already has a reservation for those dates. My guess is that it is for a standard view (64 points). If it sells for the "Buy It Now" price, it would be $10.86 per point. That's a fair price IMHO, but not a great price from a buyer's perspective. If the ressie is actually for a preferred view, it would be a great price, IMHO. Preferred view would be 88 points and $695/88 = $7.90/point.

I still think anyone who buys it thinking the dates could be changed is in for disappointment. There isn't a lot of unreserved member inventory at BWV for this fall, and the seller is offering 4 weeknights. Again, JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter