Boardwalk question

augusta1

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of checking out Boardwalk this trip. Is there enough on the boardwalk to entertain my kids (6 and 4)? We haven't been yet to just check out the boardwalk attractions. Should we give it a go or skip it?

I'm thinking of checking out Boardwalk this trip. Is there enough on the boardwalk to entertain my kids (6 and 4)? We haven't been yet to just check out the boardwalk attractions. Should we give it a go or skip it?

The acts are only out in the evening, there's nothing for them during the day. The easiest way to do it is if you are at Epcot and go out the International Gateway.

If you aren't sure if there will be enough to do, maybe make a dining reservation in the area and then explore a little after dinner. That way, if you like it, great, and if it's a little disappointing then you still had a nice meal. It is a little more oriented to older kids and adults than little children though.

It's very easy to get to from either Epcot or DHS.

There are performers, carnival games, etc that sets a great atmosphere in the evening, but I don't think you could burn great amounts of time here. Also important to note that the carnival games are not free and can get pricey pretty quick lol.

That being said, staying at the BWI offers you a great location because you are walking distance to both DHS and Epcot - we love to have the option to stroll over the Epcot and walk around the different countries in the evening.

If you stay at the villas, there is a Community Hall with daily activities, crafts, video games, coloring stuff, etc. that they can do at any time of the day. You can check out DVDs and board games too (for a fee).

The main pool has daily activities like any other Disney resort.

The Boardwalk itself is just a shopping and restaurant area, so I wouldn't stay there for the Boardwalk entertainment. It's cute and fun to watch the performers. The carnival games are expensive, if they want to play carnival games then Animal Kingdom has better and cheaper.

We love the Boardwalk for it's location. We love taking the boat, eating at the different restaurants and shopping at all the shops. Even if we don't stay there, we make a point of going there for at least a day (we valet park).

But if you're going with the intention of "everything" is for the kids, then the Boardwalk isn't going to give you anything more or less than another Disney property. The value resorts are probably the most kid feeling if that's your goal.

Boardwalk used to have a lot more to do. But, as years went by, they started cutting back on the entertainment. Yes, there are still jugglers and magicians out, but they tend to be out for shorter periods of time, on fewer nights than before.
There are some carnival type games to be played. A lot of people seem to think that BW is a destination....sort of like the old DTD. But, that's just not the case. I think they have the performers out at night to make it feel more like the actual boardwalk area in NJ. There is some entertainment but not enough to make me want to go there just for that. And I own DVC at BWV!!! But I didn't buy there for the nighttime entertainment.

We did spend a nice afternoon there when our kids were younger. We took the boat from DHS where we had been for the morning. Then we got pizza at the pizza window. After that we rode the surrey bikes and then we had ice cream. Rode the boat back to DHS and finished the day there. I guess we kind of did it as a midday break. The kiddos enjoyed it and it was a nice break. We spent a couple of hours doing it.

There are some nice shops and places to eat on the BW. I agree with pps at going at night for the entertainment. I enjoy visiting the BW and have a nice time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter